Looking Around the Dealers........

XTreme

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Wiggle the splined shaft as well to make sure the twin bearing the front sprocket shaft sits on has no lateral movement. In and out is okay though..........(ooer)

Thanks mate, I’m more than happy to give anything a wiggle before I pay for it. 😂

• Haha 3

Don’t let it go to your head, when I had the Transalp I read so much about the output shaft I was wiggling it every month, and almost murdered a mechanic when he said he was going to tighten the chain a little bit :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Don’t let it go to your head, when I had the Transalp I read so much about the output shaft I was wiggling it every month, and almost murdered a mechanic when he said he was going to tighten the chain a little bit :classic_laugh:

Yeh.....but your TA was new......that old shed is about 30 years old!

22 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Transalps were never as bad as the Africa Twins though

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Bringing up the rear?

That's what their kind get up to as I understand it Pedro!

But we can't judge them....it's 2022 after all. Times have changed.

bored al pacino GIF

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's what their kind get up to as I understand it Pedro!

My grandmother has a saying, inspired in the way a chicken offers her rear upwards when it's sexy time, "tão puta como uma galinha", which translates to "as much of a whore as a chicken".

It sounds dirtier in Portuguese :classic_laugh:

• Haha 6

On 09/02/2022 at 20:32, Pedro said:

yeah I heard about it a lot too when I had the transalp, that and anodised wheels rotting from the inside out.  I never had any problem with it though and it was 26 years old when I sold it, though to be fair I never made a point of looking for problems...

• Like 5

23 hours ago, XTreme said:

But we can't judge them....it's 2022 after all. Times have changed.

bored al pacino GIF

Oh we can judge them all we like Pete, you're just not allowed to SAY it. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, XTreme said:

Is that @Buckster in his Lycra bringing up the rear?

You are obsessed with the thought of me in Lycra, you may as well just buy a scooter and offer your arse to the next dago midget you find.

• Haha 5