16 Years ago today.......

XTreme

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

It's not Day of the Dead, that's in Mexico. It's All Saints Day, or Dia de Todos los Santos, which is something completely different.

I know that's the official term but people still refer to Day of the Dead here!

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I know that's the official term but people still refer to Day of the Dead here!

No, I deleted it because I know that's how it's seen. However, day of the dead also happens in Spain, it's literally two different things happening at the same time.

One is a rememberance of the dead, first the kids then the adults, the other is a celebration in honor of christian saints.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Give me a link to where I said EVERY Brit is untrustworthy?

Take your time!

Here you go … any Brit , not some .

You Twat 

40EC6B18-ED07-41D3-BC6D-AAC9F18D9490.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Here you go … any Brit , not some .

You Twat 

40EC6B18-ED07-41D3-BC6D-AAC9F18D9490.jpeg

Anybody with half a brain can see that what I'm saying is don't take Brits at face value......believe nothing until you know them better.

What you don't understand (due to your view of the world being a local one) is many Brits out here are winging it under the radar. They're not in the system and they pay no taxes.

I've even known some claiming Social Security from Britain because they still have access to a UK address FFS! They drive illegal Brit cars with no MOT's and no valid insurance either. And YOUR Brit taxes pay for that!

They're fucking broke and they're looking for the next cash cow......which will be a Brit because they live in a Brit world and can't communicate in Spanish.

Ironically, these are generally the ones who voted for Brexit and are now being rounded up and shipped out from here.......they've screwed the system (both UK and Spain) for years and because they're not legal residents they can't stay any longer!

So thanks for taking your dross back! Top Man! Class!

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Anybody with half a brain can see that what I'm saying is don't take Brits at face value......believe nothing until you know them better.

What you don't understand (due to your view of the world being a local one) is many Brits out here are winging it under the radar. They're not in the system and they pay no taxes.

I've even known some claiming Social Security from Britain because they still have access to a UK address FFS! They drive illegal Brit cars with no MOT's and no valid insurance either. And YOUR Brit taxes pay for that!

They're fucking broke and they're looking for the next cash cow......which will be a Brit because they live in a Brit world and can't communicate in Spanish.

Ironically, these are generally the ones who voted for Brexit and are now being rounded up and shipped out from here.......they've screwed the system (both UK and Spain) for years and because they're not legal residents they can't stay any longer!

You stay out of politics, and I'll stay out of voicing my opinions on that yet again  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

You stay out of politics, and I'll stay out of voicing my opinions on that yet again  :classic_laugh:

You know the reality as well as I do Pedro.

I know Spain has always got more of the dross, but I bet you've got your fair share too. 

And @MooN in France as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And @MooN in France as well.

I'd be interested In Chris's opinion on that because I think you're wrong there.  The sort of 'Brits'  you encounter in Spain are nothing like the 'Brits' that move to France from what I see when I go there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

I'd be interested In Chris's opinion on that because I think you're wrong there.  The sort of 'Brits'  you encounter in Spain are nothing like the 'Brits' that move to France from what I see when I go there.

I don't think France or Portugal have anything like the numbers Spain has......but they will exist!

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I don't think France or Portugal have anything like the numbers Spain has......but they will exist!

But not in enclaves where they stick to other Brits like you describe in Spain.  I think Spain gets all the scrotes and tax dodgers (like you say), you can keep those feckers, we don't want them back here 😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

But not in enclaves where they stick to other Brits like you describe in Spain.  I think Spain gets all the scrotes and tax dodgers (like you say), you can keep those feckers, we don't want them back here 😁

Unfortunately for you they're now heading your way Bob.

Though some are not going quietly because they're now trying to scam residency!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No doubt you've seen and heard of some of the strokes pulled by Brits here Ray?

Yes mate and it makes me embarrassed to be British. However, what I would say is that not all Brits are like this and there are some very nice Brits around, many of which do charity work for locals. It’s just a shame that it’s easy to be tarred with the same brush.

We moved out here six years ago and have made many good friends from when we lived in a mainly British urbanisation but since then we’ve learned the ropes and feel more confident in dealing with bureaucracy and systems in place to do many things. It helps that we understand a reasonable amount of Spanish.

It takes time and for some people the comfort of familiarity is more important than anything else. I don’t look down my nose at people who choose this familiarity no more than I look up to those that are confident enough to live in a small Spanish village.

I take people as I find them and as long as they are polite, decent people then I don’t care what nationality they are; I always give people the benefit of the doubt until they shit on me and then it’s gloves off and no second chances.

A cunt is cunt in any language. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Yes mate and it makes me embarrassed to be British. However, what I would say is that not all Brits are like this and there are some very nice Brits around, many of which do charity work for locals. It’s just a shame that it’s easy to be tarred with the same brush.

We moved out here six years ago and have made many good friends from when we lived in a mainly British urbanisation but since then we’ve learned the ropes and feel more confident in dealing with bureaucracy and systems in place to do many things. It helps that we understand a reasonable amount of Spanish.

It takes time and for some people the comfort of familiarity is more important than anything else. I don’t look down my nose at people who choose this familiarity no more than I look up to those that are confident enough to live in a small Spanish village.

I take people as I find them and as long as they are polite, decent people then I don’t care what nationality they are; I always give people the benefit of the doubt until they shit on me and then it’s gloves off and no second chances.

A cunt is cunt in any language. 😆

Weren't you thinking of moving last year?

I have been told by an educated person; young, all yoga and enlightened, earning her money off the books from the UK and paying rent off the books to a british person, who ows thousands of euros worth of tolls on purpose, drives a long expired mot british car that hasn't been home for years, that the portuguese should think themselves lucky people like her are here because it inspires the locals to be more advanced and better. She told me this not as an insult but like something that totally makes sense to her. 

This reality isn't really just from brits, it's also from germans, dutch, and swiss, and is not really connected to people looking to move country and end up retired there like it's the topic in this thread, but more with young people in their 20s up to 40s that really noticed Portugal over the last few years as a good surfing destination where there were no enforced rules for wild camping or van life. So they turned their surfing holidays into a few years of living cheaply in a way that they wouldn't be able to if they tried to pay any tax or be in the system. They turned quiet great locations into their own rule free paradises, which I think is an escape to the strict behavior they are expected to adere to when at home. Portugal is to blame, really, but some think we do profit from it so to each their own. I do like the "lack of rules" here, but they will ruin things for all.

I dislike how these youngsters are creating country animosity where there used to be none, but I can understand how a restaurant owner starts disliking people fitting a certain look and age after repeatedly kicking off groups of people taking a 4 person sea view table to order one coke and proceed to eat snacks brought from a supermarket, who then pretend to be innocent and ignorant and leave bad reviews online when asked to move on. Or people who get tired of having black waters dumped from caravans in town parking areas or beach accesses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

any one with half a brain can see your back peddling now , DONT TRUST BRITS , THEY'LL .... and DONT BELIEVE A WORD ANY BRIT SAYS

which is what you said , which is refering to all of em .

this is TOTY for sure you fucking imbecile .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

any one with half a brain can see your back peddling now , DONT TRUST BRITS , THEY'LL .... 

which is what you said , which is refering to all of em .

this is TOTY for sure you fucking imbecile .

Not back pedalling......my advice was to @Slowlycatchymonkey as a new incomer to Spain because she'll be seen as fresh meat to the chancers that are there.

It's a case of DTA......Don't Trust Anybody until proven otherwise.

You're not a Brit in Spain, you have no idea what life is like here......so quite frankly your opinion doesn't really count for a lot.