Weird Coincidence

Tango

Here’s one that happened the other week, an old neighbour of ours from when we lived in Conningsby died suddenly, he volunteered at the Battle of Britain memorial flight, so come the day of his funeral the RAF sent a guard of honour, but just before the funeral took place they lost all the power supply at the BBMF they had to close down so all his colleagues where able to go to the funeral. Spooky 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Clive said:

Thing is the RAF and USAF jets show up, even the Red Arrows, and single engined private planes, helicopters and gliders show up, but this jet did not!....maybe it was the Russians.😂

If it was the Ruskies there would have been two typhoon jets from Coningsby by its side.🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's my plane story ................

In the past I drove up the M5 between the M4  and Tewkesbury every morning.  One day I had a new driver with me , I was asked to take him out and show him the ropes.  He wasn't a local, he' d moved down from Northampton so he didn't really know the area.

At that time RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire was used to train pilots flying the Hercules and as part of their circular route they used to fly parallel to the M5.  On a winter morning when it was still dark you'd see them coming towards you from the distance and you'd see their becon lights flashing every 10 seconds or so, I got well used to this and could pinpoint exactly when they'd flash.

So I'm driving and in the distance I can see one of the Hercules coming towards us.  So I said to Lloyd  ' there's Fred up there '  , Lloyd is looking all around and says ' where's Fred, who is he '  I says ' my mate Fred, he's coming towards us in his plane ' 

He's looking at me now like what the fuck is guy on about, so I said ' look he'll flash his lights at me now '  and of  course the lights went on and off.  I timed it right and said ' I'll flash my lights and he'll flash back '  which of course is what happened.

I left it there and all day I could see him looking at me trying to work out if I was lying or not , by 4.30 pm when were in a cafe having a cuppa he couldn't stand it anymore and asked who Fred was, what was he doing etc but I just kept saying he's my mate but I can't tell you anything as it's top secret.

When we got backto the depot he was telling all the other drivers about Fred and his plane..............

• Haha 5

Ok here’s my worse and weirdest one, it’s a bit dark so I’ll try n skip the grimmest parts. My boys were about 2 and 3 years old so going out with your friends on a night out is a big deal, it involves babysitters, forward planning, the involvement of third parties just so you can possibly shower and change out of milk n food, bath waste water soaked clothes and arrive anywhere looking clean and nearly on time. It’s so much hassle you just don’t bother. But it was a besties 30th so ok I’ll do it. Mr Slowly and I would take it in turns to be the designated driver but in reality it was mostly me. This night however it was my turn and I was determined to make the most of it. 

About an hour in I had the most awful feeling, a sick to the pit of your stomach type feeling. I said to Mr Slowly we have to go. He was understandably perplexed and tried to talk me out of it. I was having none it and said no we have to go home NOW. My g&t arrived at that moment and Mr Slowly said surely we can stay for that? I said no we have to go right now. He was a mixture of concern like I’d lost the plot and he was a bit angry I was being so rude. I felt very embarrassed saying it in front of everyone, they were understandably a bit taken aback that I stood up from the table and was insisting on leaving before the birthday meal was even half done. I didn’t even know why myself, just that we needed to go home immediately.

We get into the car and Mr Slowly is trying to understand why we had to leave so abruptly and I can’t explain. Then his mobile rings, it’s our home phone number but nobody speaks. He starts driving so fast it’s frightening, the back of the pick up is lifting as he swings round the corners at high speed. He then says “I can hear someone saying “Is it breathing?” I can hear sirens. I am now shitting a brick about my boys and we are still what should be 20 mins away. 

We arrive back in half the time. The driveway is so full of flashing lights we can’t get near the house. We get out of the car and I reason that with all the emergency vehicles still there the boys are either ok or dead otherwise they would have taken them to hospital by now. 

My legs won’t work, they are leaden and stepping towards the house I feel weighted down. Mr Slowly runs forward and is told he can’t enter the house and he suddenly balloons to what seems triple his normal size, he shove tackles one policeman to the ground and picks up the second throwing him over a police car. We enter the house, his unrecognisable sister is on the floor full of knife wounds and is so unrecognisable she is understandably an “it” rather than a “she”  but somehow my babies are still asleep completely unscathed. 

It all turned out ok. His sisters fine, she was lucky (well in a way), she recovered, the posh global kitchen knives helped as it was easy for plastics to repair her but from that day on even though I’m very much a science research based person who will seek out and believe any reasonable explanation over hocus pocus I have never ignored that stuff again and Mr Slowly doesn’t question it either. I’d probably be burned at the stake in another era 😂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Ok here’s my worse and weirdest one, it’s a bit dark so I’ll try n skip the grimmest parts. My boys were about 2 and 3 years old so going out with your friends on a night out is a big deal, it involves babysitters, forward planning, the involvement of third parties just so you can possibly shower and change out of milk n food, bath waste water soaked clothes and arrive anywhere looking clean and nearly on time. It’s so much hassle you just don’t bother. But it was a besties 30th so ok I’ll do it. Mr Slowly and I would take it in turns to be the designated driver but in reality it was mostly me. This night however it was my turn and I was determined to make the most of it. 

About an hour in I had the most awful feeling, a sick to the pit of your stomach type feeling. I said to Mr Slowly we have to go. He was understandably perplexed and tried to talk me out of it. I was having none it and said no we have to go home NOW. My g&t arrived at that moment and Mr Slowly said surely we can stay for that? I said no we have to go right now. He was a mixture of concern like I’d los the plot and he was a bit angry I was being so rude. I felt very embarrassed saying it in front of everyone, they were understandably a bit taken aback that I stood up from the table and was insisting on leaving before the birthday meal was even half done. I didn’t even know why myself, just that we needed to go home immediately.

We get into the car and Mr Slowly is trying to understand why we had to leave to abruptly and I can’t explain. Then his mobile rings, it’s our home phone number but nobody speaks. He starts driving so fast it’s frightening, the back of the pick up is lifting as he swings round the corners at high speed. He then says “I can hear someone saying “Is it breathing?” I can hear sirens. I am now shitting a brick about my boys and we are still what should be 20 mins away. 

We arrive back in half the time. The driveway is so full of flashing lights we can’t get near the house. We get out of the car and I reason that with all the emergency vehicles still there the boys are either ok or dead otherwise they would have taken them to hospital by now. 

My legs are won’t work, they are leaden and stepping towards the house I feel weighted down. Mr Slowly runs forward and is told he can’t enter the house and he suddenly balloons to what seems triple his normal size, he shove tackles one policeman to the ground and picks up the second throwing him over a police car. We enter the house, his unrecognisable sister is on the floor full of knife wounds and is so u recognisable she is understandably an “it” rather than a “she”  but somehow my babies are still asleep completely unscathed. 

It all turned out ok. His sisters fine, she was lucky (well in a way), she recovered, the posh global kitchen knives helped as it was easy for plastics to repair her but from that day on even though I’m very much a science research based person who will seek out and believe any reasonable explanation over hocus pocus I have never ignored that stuff again and Mr Slowly doesn’t question it either. I’d probably be burned at the stake in another era 😂

That's a hell of a story 😲 And you going to just leave us there 

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

How she was covered in knife wounds!

Ah yes the ultra polite highly attentive well spoken boyfriend suspected she was going to dump him… she was. 
He was a wrongun. He vibed so badly I wouldn’t let them babysit the boys, even though a free babysitter is precious thing because underneath his ultra pleasant exterior he felt nasty, proper screwed up psycho nasty.
Sometimes being right really sucks. 

So 9 stab wounds to her spine, chest and face. Stabbed her so hard he dislodged a tooth that they retrieved from the roof of her mouth. Her face looked like a horseshoe bat. But she was training for a marathon and ran to our house so fast the cctv can’t detect her, she’s just a blur. He with a massive global carving knife in his hand was not. 

He wouldnt dare come to our place Mr Slowly would have killed him. In fact it was quite a shock for me while mopping up blood to hear over the police radio that the suspect and victim where at the same A&E, where Mr Slowly was heading. I had to plead with them that two policemen wouldn’t be enough to stop him snapping the man’s neck and the policeman just shrugged. I said I know he deserves it but look at me, I have two small children he can’t go to prison, my life would be destroyed. He let out an exasperated sigh and told them over the radio Mr Slowly needed a larger guard and just in the nick of time too.

The counselling for the babysitter set me back a bit 😬

• Sad 6

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

That's a horrific story Caroline.......did the guy get banged up long term for that!

Nope the crown prosecution felt the pictures spoke for themselves so the barrister didn’t even turn up, it was clearly attempted murder but for an open and shut guaranteed conviction they went for GBH. He was out in just under two years. 

The thing we struggled with most was he’d abused his previous girlfriend but she was too frightened to testify and so he was suddenly free to do it to someone else with no markers to follow him. His dad was very high up in the military and well connected. So well connected the day after the stabbing he turned up with an entourage, including a solicitor from Burgess Salmon who are one of the highest paid law firms in the country. You have to be very well connected to get one of those people to drop everything they are doing to defend someone they’ve never met who’s clearly guilty. Fortunately Mr Slowly knew him and told him to leave immediately. It was the freakiest time!

We put it out on the internet so any Google search any potential girlfriend might do would show it up and somehow everytime the content was removed. Disappeared completely which was an almost impossible thing to do back then. 

Heyho. From a weird coincidence point of view it was a strong one. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Nope the crown prosecution felt the pictures spoke for themselves so the barrister didn’t even turn up, it was clearly attempted murder but for an open and shut guaranteed conviction they went for GBH. He was out in just under two years. 

The thing we struggled with most was he’d abused his previous girlfriend but she was too frightened to testify and so he was suddenly free to do it to someone else with no markers to follow him. His dad was very high up in the military and well connected. So well connected the day after the stabbing he turned up with an entourage, including a solicitor from Burgess Salmon who are one of the highest paid law firms in the country. You have to be very well connected to get one of those people to drop everything they are doing to defend someone they’ve never met who’s clearly guilty. Fortunately Mr Slowly knew him and told him to leave immediately. It was the freakiest time!

We put it out on the internet so any Google search any potential girlfriend might do would show it up and somehow everytime the content was removed. Disappeared completely which was an almost impossible thing to do back then. 

Heyho. From a weird coincidence point of view it was a strong one. 

Money and status can buy the justice you want! The system is totally corrupt!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

About an hour in I had the most awful feeling, a sick to the pit of your stomach type feeling. I said to Mr Slowly we have to go. He was understandably perplexed and tried to talk me out of it. I was having none it and said no we have to go home NOW. My g&t arrived at that moment and Mr Slowly said surely we can stay for that? I said no we have to go right now. He was a mixture of concern like I’d lost the plot and he was a bit angry I was being so rude. I felt very embarrassed saying it in front of everyone, they were understandably a bit taken aback that I stood up from the table and was insisting on leaving before the birthday meal was even half done. I didn’t even know why myself, just that we needed to go home immediately.

We get into the car and Mr Slowly is trying to understand why we had to leave so abruptly and I can’t explain. Then his mobile rings, it’s our home phone number but nobody speaks. He starts driving so fast it’s frightening, the back of the pick up is lifting as he swings round the corners at high speed. He then says “I can hear someone saying “Is it breathing?” I can hear sirens. I am now shitting a brick about my boys and we are still what should be 20 mins away. 

My legs won’t work, they are leaden and stepping towards the house I feel weighted down. Mr Slowly runs forward and is told he can’t enter the house and he suddenly balloons to what seems triple his normal size, he shove tackles one policeman to the ground and picks up the second throwing him over a police car. We enter the house, his unrecognisable sister is on the floor full of knife wounds and is so unrecognisable she is understandably an “it” rather than a “she”  but somehow my babies are still asleep completely unscathed. 

That is an astonishing story. I think that there are still many things that we don't understand and maybe never will.

I have "gut feelings", which Mandy never questions anymore as they seem to be astonishingly accurate on many occasions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Ain't that the truth! What was that case recently concerning a cousin of the Queen?

• Like 2

in '93  I move to a different country.

in '99 get married.

in 2015 (ish)my wife's  20yr old cousin Mael decides he wants to learn how to make guitars and signs up for a School in the UK.

His main tutor there is...

my cousin James. 

WTF!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, XTreme said:

Oi, dont be trying to kill the Golden Goose™, hows a mercenary supposed to make a living nowdays,

outsourcing and drones are taking all the good jobs,

now peeps want justice in a court of law(yers)

....ffs! ...... 

😀

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...

Mr Slowlys laptop bag was stolen 4 days ago and the ‘find my’ locations services had its last location in a vast scrubland of 3 metre high sharp pampas grass. He and the police searched for it until all hope was lost. 

This morning I woke up with a strong feeling Id find it. I persuaded Mr Slowly to take me there and I found it in the first bit of grass I went into. 

4BE36293-398B-423B-8416-6B416FBF6F9D.thumb.jpeg.e503387020045f00195569247be29eb8.jpeg

This is the size of the scrubland it was in. Mental ay. I shall be checking any seats that are pulled out for me arent ducking chairs 😂 

edit: it was only the ipad I found the laptop and bag are a gonna. Heyho, it was the ipad that upset him most. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Mr Slowlys laptop bag was stolen 4 days ago and the ‘find my’ locations services had its last location in a vast scrubland of 3 metre high sharp pampas grass. He and the police searched for it until all hope was lost. 

This morning I woke up with a strong feeling Id find it. I persuaded Mr Slowly to take me there and I found it in the first bit of grass I went into. 

4BE36293-398B-423B-8416-6B416FBF6F9D.thumb.jpeg.e503387020045f00195569247be29eb8.jpeg

This is the size of the scrubland it was in. Mental ay. I shall be checking any seats that are pulled out for me arent ducking chairs 😂 

edit: it was only the ipad I found the laptop and bag are a gonna. Heyho, it was the ipad that upset him most. 

dunk-witch-execution.gif.92a7ae5619fe041c4713447e59fd7ffa.gif

• Haha 2