Weird Coincidence

Tango

Here's the plane incident:

It was April 1995 and I was driving along a deserted road in the Welsh countryside......between Landeilo and Llandovery. It was a long straight for about 2 miles, and way up ahead in the distance I could see something above the road heading towards me. As I got nearer I could see it was a plane...it seemed to be greyish in colour, and no markings that I could see. As I got even closer I realised how low it was....basically about 50 feet (if that) above the road.

I hit the brakes, kept watching, and I could make out propellers on the wings. I was slowing down, but not quick enough....and the plane was literally straight in my path. I kept my hands on the wheel but instinctively ducked my head as the plane seemed to pass literally inches over the roof of the car. The strange thing was that there was no sound, and no feeling of wind as it passed. I came to a halt, I looked behind and there was NOTHING to be seen. I put it down to a freak accident that I'd managed to avoid. There were no other vehicles on the road at the time.

I told the wife all about it when I got home and just forgot about it after that! Just thought it was some amateur pilot who was pissing about or something.

However, 2 years later I was living in Milton Keynes and reading a newspaper article about a ghost hunter who was listing his findings in different parts of Britain. And one of the reports was a phantom plane seen at the exact same location where I had that experience. And his description of the plane was exactly the same as mine.

Then I did a search on the Net for further info...and I found this on the Paranormal Database, and there are many other references out there.

Wellington Bomber

Location: Llandovery (Wales) - Towy Valley, between Llandovery & Llandeilo

Type: Haunting Manifestation

Date / Time: Unknown

Further Comments: A training zone for World War 2 crews, one assumes this phantom belongs to a group that didn't make the grade.

So it appears, even though I didn't know it at the time, that I did witness an apparition which many others have seen over the course of the last 75 years.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Here's the plane incident:

It was April 1995 and I was driving along a deserted road in the Welsh countryside......between Landeilo and Llandovery. It was a long straight for about 2 miles, and way up ahead in the distance I could see something above the road heading towards me. As I got nearer I could see it was a plane...it seemed to be greyish in colour, and no markings that I could see. As I got even closer I realised how low it was....basically about 50 feet (if that) above the road.

I hit the brakes, kept watching, and I could make out propellers on the wings. I was slowing down, but not quick enough....and the plane was literally straight in my path. I kept my hands on the wheel but instinctively ducked my head as the plane seemed to pass literally inches over the roof of the car. The strange thing was that there was no sound, and no feeling of wind as it passed. I came to a halt, I looked behind and there was NOTHING to be seen. I put it down to a freak accident that I'd managed to avoid. There were no other vehicles on the road at the time.

I told the wife all about it when I got home and just forgot about it after that! Just thought it was some amateur pilot who was pissing about or something.

However, 2 years later I was living in Milton Keynes and reading a newspaper article about a ghost hunter who was listing his findings in different parts of Britain. And one of the reports was a phantom plane seen at the exact same location where I had that experience. And his description of the plane was exactly the same as mine.

Then I did a search on the Net for further info...and I found this on the Paranormal Database, and there are many other references out there.

Wellington Bomber

Location: Llandovery (Wales) - Towy Valley, between Llandovery & Llandeilo

Type: Haunting Manifestation

Date / Time: Unknown

Further Comments: A training zone for World War 2 crews, one assumes this phantom belongs to a group that didn't make the grade.

So it appears, even though I didn't know it at the time, that I did witness an apparition which many others have seen over the course of the last 75 years.

Wow, that is weird. 😲

1 minute ago, Tango said:

Wow, that is weird. 😲

People say it's bullshit etc......but I know what I saw! Put me on a Polygraph and it would confirm I'm not lying! And as I discovered, many others have seen it to.

After it happened the last thing I'd ever have thought of was it was an apparition......I thought it was just some twat fucking about.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Describe the plane and where exactly it happened Clive! And was there any sound?

It was at 1st glance a a small twin engined plane, the sort of that carries about 20, passengers on UK internal flights........sound!, Could not hear anything over the lorry engine.......it was south of Northampton......planes flying into Coventry or  East Midlands are still higher up in the sky, as I have seen them many times driving up the M1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

It was at 1st glance a a small twin engined plane, the sort of that carries about 20, passengers on UK internal flights........sound!, Could not hear anything over the lorry engine.......it was south of Northampton......planes flying into Coventry or  East Midlands are still higher up in the sky, as I have seen them many times driving up the M1

It didn't look anything like this?

spacer.png

Just now, XTreme said:

spacer.png

Fraid not, I have seen the Lancaster many times, would have recognized it in a instant if it had been that.

But....if my wife was on here you could ask her this.

We were driving just outside Saxilby (@Swagman territory) and my wife noticed a low flying airplane (matching her description of a Lancaster) that went behind some trees and she said it never came out the other side.......I did not see it as I had my attention on the road, but to this day she remembers it each time we go along that road.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

People say it's bullshit etc......but I know what I saw! Put me on a Polygraph and it would confirm I'm not lying! And as I discovered, many others have seen it to.

After it happened the last thing I'd ever have thought of was it was an apparition......I thought it was just some twat fucking about.

I don't doubt you, Pete.

When I was about 8 or 9 I went on holiday with my mum and dad and younger brother and sisters to an old farmhouse in Somerset. There was a definite atmosphere in the house that, even as a youngster, I could feel. 

On the first night there I woke in the middle of the night and there was a woman all in white stood looking at me in the room. I nearly shat myself and buried myself under the bed covers until the morning. 

At breakfast I told my parents about it and my mother said that she had seen the same woman in their room that night too!

My mum wouldn't stay in that house any longer, so we packed everything back into the car and went home!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Fraid not, I have seen the Lancaster many times, would have recognized it in a instant if it had been that.

But....if my wife was on here you could ask her this.

We were driving just outside Saxilby (@Swagman territory) and my wife noticed a low flying airplane (matching her description of a Lancaster) that went behind some trees and she said it never came out the other side.......I did not see it as I had my attention on the road, but to this day she remembers it each time we go along that road.

Lancaster crashed there in WWII:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/51/a4965951.shtml

• Like 2

Just now, Tango said:

I don't doubt you, Pete.

When I was about 8 or 9 I went on holiday with my mum and dad and younger brother and sisters to an old farmhouse in Somerset. There was a definite atmosphere in the house that, even as a youngster, I could feel. 

On the first night there I woke in the middle of the night and there was a woman all in white stood looking at me in the room. I nearly shat myself and buried myself under the bed covers until the morning. 

At breakfast I told my parents about it and my mother said that she had seen the same woman in their room that night too!

My mum wouldn't stay in that house any longer, so we packed everything back into the car and went home!

These things exist for sure Bob.

Have you done any research to see if there's any other sightings?

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

We have one even nearer to us, just outside Southwell.....we have stopped and looked at the memorial to the aircrew.

http://www.halamvillage.org.uk/community/halam-nottinghamshire-10418/bomber-memorial/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

We have one even nearer to us, just outside Southwell.....we have stopped and looked at the memorial to the aircrew.

http://www.halamvillage.org.uk/community/halam-nottinghamshire-10418/bomber-memorial/

Other ghost Lancaster sightings......anywhere near you?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/mystery-looms-phantom-lancaster-bomber-4956693

• Like 1

I use Flight tracker often.........just yesterday there was a high up 4 jet engined plane flying over, but leaving no con trail...........looked on Flight tracker.........nothing came up.🤔

• Like 1

Seven years ago my missus and I were returning from a holiday in one of the Greek Islands. At the airport back in the UK, whilst we were waiting at the baggage reclaim, I had the sudden urge to phone my dad. I dismissed it as a silly idea and just collected our bags and got back home late afternoon. 

To round off our holiday we decided to go to our local for dinner and a couple of pints in the early evening. Whilst waiting for our dinner to come out I had a call on my mobile from my sisters phone, but it was my brother-in-law. He broke the news that my dad had died suddenly that afternoon. So we bailed out of the pub and headed down to my mum and dad's house in Dartford. 

My dad had been down in his shed playing on his ham radio gear when he suffered a massive heart attack and dropped dead. 

At his post mortem they estimated his time of death and it pretty much coincided with when I had the urge to phone him from the airport.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

spacer.png

Mine looked like this, and i hand painted "Death from above!" on one of them.  🤓

595_large_image-sca1-1500.jpg.83b018f3c4f397303a38e50a6efb3d05.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I use Flight tracker often.........just yesterday there was a high up 4 jet engined plane flying over, but leaving no con trail...........looked on Flight tracker.........nothing came up.🤔

Spooky happenings Clive 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Mine looked like this, and i hand painted "Death from above!" on one of them.  🤓

595_large_image-sca1-1500.jpg.83b018f3c4f397303a38e50a6efb3d05.jpg

Ha ha....a Phantom jet.😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

Spooky happenings Clive 

Thing is the RAF and USAF jets show up, even the Red Arrows, and single engined private planes, helicopters and gliders show up, but this jet did not!....maybe it was the Russians.😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

Seven years ago my missus and I were returning from a holiday in one of the Greek Islands. At the airport back in the UK, whilst we were waiting at the baggage reclaim, I had the sudden urge to phone my dad. I dismissed it as a silly idea and just collected our bags and got back home late afternoon. 

To round off our holiday we decided to go to our local for dinner and a couple of pints in the early evening. Whilst waiting for our dinner to come out I had a call on my mobile from my sisters phone, but it was my brother-in-law. He broke the news that my dad had died suddenly that afternoon. So we bailed out of the pub and headed down to my mum and dad's house in Dartford. 

My dad had been down in his shed playing on his ham radio gear when he suffered a massive heart attack and dropped dead. 

At his post mortem they estimated his time of death and it pretty much coincided with when I had the urge to phone him from the airport.

Wow!