Then and Now!

XTreme

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

Loved it.......and amazingly, so did the wife!

I do regret selling it tbh.......that, and the Kawasaki 500 H1 are the only ones I can say that about!

Strange isn't it, I didn't get on with my GS1150 at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Strange isn't it, I didn't get on with my GS1150 at all. 

The only bike I could ride for hours and get off feeling as fresh as I did at the start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

The only bike I could ride for hours and get off feeling as fresh as I did at the start.

Sounds like an advert for feminine hygene products. :classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Sounds like an advert for feminine hygene products. :classic_unsure:

It's difficult to describe really.......but despite it looking like a big, overweight ugly bastard the ride experience was like nothing I ever experienced before or since.

It felt like you were sitting on an armchair on the roof of a car and no matter how bumpy the road got you were not disturbed in any way.

Going round corners it was just so planted......you take a line and that's where it stays. It was like it was on rails.

Pedro probably knows what I'm talking about......cos after riding Big Bird he got into Beemers.

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Go and spend some quality time with your neighbour!

Apologise to him for being such a sad twat!

Don’t need to go anywhere, the fat bastard is out there now with his fucking HUGE gob shouting and bawling.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Don’t need to go anywhere, the fat bastard is out there now with his fucking HUGE gob shouting and bawling.

Got a pic of this twat?

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Got a pic of this twat?

No thanks I see enough of him don’t want him on film as well, just imagine a fucking turtle with two hearing aids walking upright with a mouth the size of the Grand canyon and you won’t be far off the mark.👍

• Haha 3

On 24/08/2021 at 12:24, XTreme said:

Pedro probably knows what I'm talking about......cos after riding Big Bird he got into Beemers.

I was a fan before, though. To be honest when I rode the yellow one I didn’t really appreciate anything other than the comfy seat, didn’t really know what I was doing.

The 1150 is very planted and handles nicer than some of the newer ones, it’s got a balance to it that just inspires confidence. Having said that, they are a moody bike and a nice one is a keeper and sweet, while the wrong one will also handle nice but give you a clonky gearbox and diff worries.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 10:37, XTreme said:

I had a Transalp, Tym had the same KLR, Moon had a Transalp, Bob had an AT, Catteeclan had a Transalp, Yen had an AT, Pedro had a Transalp etc.

What can we learn from this?

The Honda V Twin trails were sweet bikes!

• Like 2