Then and Now!

XTreme

I was thinking back to DSUK days, cos it's now 17 years since that site launched, and comparing what we rode then to what we ride now!

I had a Transalp, Tym had the same KLR, Moon had a Transalp, Bob had an AT, Catteeclan had a Transalp, Yen had an AT, Pedro had a Transalp etc.

The point here is that we all ride very similar bikes now........exactly the same genre! So really our riding habits or tastes haven't changed that much over the last 17 years.

But there's one exception.... @Buckster

Back then he was riding a KTM........but now he's on a Harley cruiser! You couldn't get a more radical change! 

What can we learn from this?

3 minutes ago, Tym said:

Holy chit a buildable lot on my back 40 is worth 100 grand now, i have ten of them, hmmmm...:classic_unsure:

Time for another ButtRider account I'd say! 

58 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I was thinking back to DSUK days, cos it's now 17 years since that site launched, and comparing what we rode then to what we ride now!

I had a Transalp, Tym had the same KLR, Moon had a Transalp, Bob had an AT, Catteeclan had a Transalp, Yen had an AT, Pedro had a Transalp etc.

The point here is that we all ride very similar bikes now........exactly the same genre! So really our riding habits or tastes haven't changed that much over the last 17 years.

Back then he was riding a KTM........but now he's on a Harley cruiser! You couldn't get a more radical change! 

He’s a twat 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

I think that 17 years ago I was on a Triumph Trophy 900, which was a bit of a bus TBH. Quite different to the CB500X. 

Yeh......but you're in a different environment now Bob.

So it's a complete change for you as it has been for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh......but you're in a different environment now Bob.

So it's a complete change for you as it has been for me.

True, I see a number of bigger bikes around, but a lot are GS' or Harleys, with plenty of small dirt bikes around too.

The Honda is ok, but I'd like just a few more BHP. Tiger 800 would do me nicely! 😉😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I ride whatever I want to and FTW.

53 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I ride whatever I want to and FTW.

I think most of us do.......but that doesn't really clear up why go for the complete opposite to what you had before?

After all......the rest of us are still in the same genre as we were before.

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've probably had 15 or so bikes since then

Just totalled up and I've had 19 since the launch of DSUK.

This was the best.......

FILE1426.JPG.a42c26c8ec93235613985714ee351a83.JPG

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Big Bird

p-ses-big-bird.jpg.e6f8a1913d20c8b9bc360bb567b1f29c.jpg

Loved it.......and amazingly, so did the wife!

I do regret selling it tbh.......that, and the Kawasaki 500 H1 are the only ones I can say that about!

I did not regret getting rid of the Honda CBR1000f!

2 man job to get it on the centre stand.......think that's what buggered up my back trying to do it on my own!.😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clive said:

I did not regret getting rid of the Honda CBR1000f!

2 man job to get it on the centre stand.......think that's what buggered up my back trying to do it on my own!.😂

And we never thought about weight back then.

• Like 2

I reckon I was on my second Suzuki Hayabusa 17 years ago. Awesome bit of kit and I’d have another in a heartbeat 😜👍

This is me on a track day at Donnington Park, surrounded by proper track bikes and I didn’t give a shit………my grin was wider than the Atlantic Ocean. ‘Kin ‘ell, that was faaaaaaast 😝😝

B557F005-0975-41B8-A192-032B75DFD9CE.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I reckon I was on my second Suzuki Hayabusa 17 years ago. Awesome bit of kit and I’d have another in a heartbeat 😜👍

This is me on a track day at Donnington Park, surrounded by proper track bikes and I didn’t give a shit………my grin was wider than the Atlantic Ocean. ‘Kin ‘ell, that was faaaaaaast 😝😝

Looking very stylish there Ray!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And we never thought about weight back then.

We were younger and fitter......apart from the weight, the CBR was a fast, comfy old bus......it was still on the road a couple of years ago.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Donington Park....the newspaper I worked for had a hospitality box near Redgate......it was very busy one time and to get out they took us round the track to another exit............but behind a marshal car to stop us from turning it into a high speed run.😕

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I rode a new one recently that belongs to a friend, hell of a machine and designed to be modified, it is one of the few jap bikes that could tempt me.

• Like 3