Fred's Monster

Sir Fallsalot

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Yebbut that stuff is usually a sort of beige colour  ?

Yes, it always reminded me of the stuff my mum would give me if I had bad guts as a kid. Kaolin or something it was called.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Yes, it always reminded me of the stuff my mum would give me if I had bad guts as a kid. Kaolin or something it was called.

Yer Kaolin and Morphine. They stopped selling it over the counter cos it would separate and desperate junkies would supposedly buy it for the sliver of morphine it contained and as no-one gets a script for that it killed it off. Heyho.

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer Kaolin and Morphine. They stopped selling it over the counter cos it would separate and desperate junkies would supposedly buy it for the sliver of morphine it contained and as no-one gets a script for that it killed it off. Heyho.

I didn't like it, I'd rather have the squits!

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I didn't like it, I'd rather have the squits!

Yep 😂 My mum used to threaten us with milk of magnesia, that stuff nearly always induced a miraculous recovery, miraculous because you’d swear you were better just from seeing the bottle. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I always took that for a bad guts or rampant shits!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I always took that for a bad guts or rampant shits!

Constipation is a well known side effect of morphine. It thought now that stoppering yourself up and keeping whatever your body is trying hard to eject as quickly as possible isnt the best idea and you should just drink electrolytes (not the sugary variety) an let nature finish what its trying to do.

• Like 3

I side effect of taking morphine for me is projectile green vomit  🤮   Just ask the lovely Guyanan nurse in Wexham Park hospital who I baptised when I was in intensive care.

Don't ever give me one of those feckin Morphine pumps again, not because of the vomit but the feckin shit I saw in my dreams.  It just confirmed to me that anyone who takes drugs like that recreationally to get that sort of effect is off their trolley  🤪

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I side effect of taking morphine for me is projectile green vomit  🤮   Just ask the lovely Guyanan nurse in Wexham Park hospital who I baptised when I was in intensive care.

Don't ever give me one of those feckin Morphine pumps again, not because of the vomit but the feckin shit I saw in my dreams.  It just confirmed to me that anyone who takes drugs like that recreationally to get that sort of effect is off their trolley  🤪

Ah yes you’d get on with Mr Slowly, they gave him morphine and then rang me at 10pm saying he was “in need of speaking to me” 😂 Utterly off his tits, totally detached from our normal shared reality. Hilarious. 

• Haha 2

A list of garages selling E5 according to the sun newspaper so it could well be  rubbish, dont know why theyve stuck Asda on there just to say they dont sell it but hey at least you know not to bother stopping there.

Shell

From today, Shell V-Power will be the company's "protection grade" fuel - meaning it will remain as E5.

It will be available to the "vast majority" of Shell's around 1,000 UK forecourts.

Shell FuelSave will be the garage's E10 petrol and the fuel pumps will be labelled with stickers.

Customers might also notice government leaflets and posters will be on display at Shell forecourts.

You can check which forecourts provide E5 petrol by using Shell's site locator.

BP

E10 will be the standard grade of petrol at BP's retail sites across the UK, and be labelled as such.  

But E5 will remain available at BP sites that carry two grades of petrol.

This is the "great majority" of BP garages, the firm said.

BP's Premium Ultimate grade will continue to be E5, and will have stickers informing customers.

BP has an online search tool to allow you to find your nearest garage.

Esso

Around 200 of Esso's 1,200 branded service stations in the UK will no longer sell E5 petrol.

The remaining 1,000 sites will continue to sell E5 as Synergy Supreme+ 99 premium petrol.

A spokesperson for the forecourt operator said much of the Supreme+ 99 contains no ethanol at all.

The only exceptions are in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland "where for technical supply reasons our premium petrol may contain up to 5% ethanol".

The spokesperson said: "Legislation requires us to place E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol. 

"That is why we display E5 labels on all of our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps even though many don’t contain any ethanol at all."

You can find a list of Esso petrol stations online.

Texaco

At Texaco garages, E10 petrol will be called Texaco 95 Octane Premium Unleaded.

E5 will continue to be available at many forecourts in Texaco Supreme Unleaded, the company said in its guidance to customers.

Petrol will be clearly labelled as either E10 or E5 to avoid confusion.

You can find your nearest Texaco petrol station online.

Sainsbury's

Sainsbury's also said that most of its more than 300 sites will continue to sell E5.

A spokesperson for the supermarket told The Sun: "We will keep customers updated and all pumps will be clearly labelled to help customers make informed decisions about the fuel that they buy."

You can search for your nearest Sainsbury's petrol station online.

Tesco

Tesco will offer E5 petrol at around 90% of its 600 garages.

That means there will be approximately 60 Tesco forecourts that do not offer the fuel from September 1.

Drivers can find their closest Tesco petrol station online.

Asda

None of Asda's 320 forecourts will offer E5 petrol, the supermarket confirmed to The Sun.

That means the 600,000 drivers who are unable to use E10 will not be able to fill up at Asda's garages.

You can find a list of Asda forecourts here.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

A list of garages selling E5 according to the sun newspaper so it could well be  rubbish, dont know why theyve stuck Asda on there just to say they dont sell it but hey at least you know not to bother stopping there.

Shell

From today, Shell V-Power will be the company's "protection grade" fuel - meaning it will remain as E5.

It will be available to the "vast majority" of Shell's around 1,000 UK forecourts.

Shell FuelSave will be the garage's E10 petrol and the fuel pumps will be labelled with stickers.

Customers might also notice government leaflets and posters will be on display at Shell forecourts.

You can check which forecourts provide E5 petrol by using Shell's site locator.

BP

E10 will be the standard grade of petrol at BP's retail sites across the UK, and be labelled as such.  

But E5 will remain available at BP sites that carry two grades of petrol.

This is the "great majority" of BP garages, the firm said.

BP's Premium Ultimate grade will continue to be E5, and will have stickers informing customers.

BP has an online search tool to allow you to find your nearest garage.

Esso

Around 200 of Esso's 1,200 branded service stations in the UK will no longer sell E5 petrol.

The remaining 1,000 sites will continue to sell E5 as Synergy Supreme+ 99 premium petrol.

A spokesperson for the forecourt operator said much of the Supreme+ 99 contains no ethanol at all.

The only exceptions are in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland "where for technical supply reasons our premium petrol may contain up to 5% ethanol".

The spokesperson said: "Legislation requires us to place E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol. 

"That is why we display E5 labels on all of our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps even though many don’t contain any ethanol at all."

You can find a list of Esso petrol stations online.

Texaco

At Texaco garages, E10 petrol will be called Texaco 95 Octane Premium Unleaded.

E5 will continue to be available at many forecourts in Texaco Supreme Unleaded, the company said in its guidance to customers.

Petrol will be clearly labelled as either E10 or E5 to avoid confusion.

You can find your nearest Texaco petrol station online.

Sainsbury's

Sainsbury's also said that most of its more than 300 sites will continue to sell E5.

A spokesperson for the supermarket told The Sun: "We will keep customers updated and all pumps will be clearly labelled to help customers make informed decisions about the fuel that they buy."

You can search for your nearest Sainsbury's petrol station online.

Tesco

Tesco will offer E5 petrol at around 90% of its 600 garages.

That means there will be approximately 60 Tesco forecourts that do not offer the fuel from September 1.

Drivers can find their closest Tesco petrol station online.

Asda

None of Asda's 320 forecourts will offer E5 petrol, the supermarket confirmed to The Sun.

That means the 600,000 drivers who are unable to use E10 will not be able to fill up at Asda's garages.

You can find a list of Asda forecourts here.

Some of the places i find myself your lucky if they sell more than red diesel :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to wiring in the oil pressure switch tonight, got some further testing to do before its complete but so far it functions as it should

Brazed a T into the oil feed pipe to the head

IMG_3119.thumb.JPG.6ca1c7065e449f31f8fee28e9d68a06f.JPG

The pressure switch itself is a bit bulky but it was the only one i could find that has adjustable pressure, once i'm happy with the pressure setting it will be rotated under the tank out the way

IMG_3120.thumb.JPG.39394cc723e22d4e45b673e9f063dc16.JPG

• Like 6

On 04/12/2021 at 20:21, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Small wonder that I liked it! Chemist used to concoct it to order.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Finally got around to wiring in the oil pressure switch tonight, got some further testing to do before its complete but so far it functions as it should

Brazed a T into the oil feed pipe to the head

IMG_3119.thumb.JPG.6ca1c7065e449f31f8fee28e9d68a06f.JPG

The pressure switch itself is a bit bulky but it was the only one i could find that has adjustable pressure, once i'm happy with the pressure setting it will be rotated under the tank out the way

IMG_3120.thumb.JPG.39394cc723e22d4e45b673e9f063dc16.JPG

Don't know why but I though you had a RD02.:classic_blink:

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

No she's a 96 model Italian import 

The Tories will be giving that thing the fucking Windrush treatment soon.

Or drowning it in the English Channel!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I bet the build quality is better than the RD08 too.

I was actually very impressed with the build quality, When i bought it the plastics and tank were not the best but when they were off the frame and fittings were in exceptional condition i felt bad chopping bits off it. Its holding up well to the salt and shit i put it through but it is looking a bit rough now but totally from abuse and lack of washing over the last 12 years 

• Like 3