Fred's Monster

Sir Fallsalot

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Somebody's cum in your carb?

That's the sort of deviant behaviour that DA used to get up to!

What you say @Tym?

I dipped my fingers in and it did have that sort of consistency except there was something gritty as well 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Took the bike out to warm it up for an oil change tonight and the bloody thing went all fluffy on me

I was going to ask what does fluffy mean, but it's actually pretty clear what you mean. Is fluffy a technical term? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Got any idea what it is then Fred ? 

Not a clue spent the last 3 hours doing keyhole surgery taking the float bowl off the carb without removing it. Had a blocked idle jet which is now clear so the bike picks up a lot better off idle now. I've checked the tank again all looks clean and there's filters in there which wouldn't let that slime through, I did think it was my temp tank i use when the fuel tank is removed but that's clean and also has a filter so i'm at a loss. Another thing that did cross my mind is this new E10 fuel so i checked the carb on the XR and that is fine as well, going for a spin now and will keep an eye on it see if it happens again

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

this new E10 fuel so i checked the carb on the XR and that is fine as well, going for a spin now and will keep an eye on it see if it happens again

I shall definitely only be using E5 on my DR650 when I get around to riding again

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not a clue spent the last 3 hours doing keyhole surgery taking the float bowl off the carb without removing it. Had a blocked idle jet which is now clear so the bike picks up a lot better off idle now. I've checked the tank again all looks clean and there's filters in there which wouldn't let that slime through, I did think it was my temp tank i use when the fuel tank is removed but that's clean and also has a filter so i'm at a loss. Another thing that did cross my mind is this new E10 fuel so i checked the carb on the XR and that is fine as well, going for a spin now and will keep an eye on it see if it happens again

Are any of the lumps solid or is it mushy ?

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Are any of the lumps solid or is it mushy ?

13 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It was like creamy between my fingers with some bits of grit 

Shocked Oh My God GIF

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pedro said:

I was going to ask what does fluffy mean, but it's actually pretty clear what you mean. Is fluffy a technical term? :classic_laugh:

According to Blackadder, the Germans have no word for fluffy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Might be ridiculous, but might it have been some sort of slug or whatever that somehow got into the tank?

There's filters in the tank that would stop that from getting through plus i hoovered the fuel tank out before refitting it so it was spotless in there

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There's filters in the tank that would stop that from getting through plus i hoovered the fuel tank out before refitting it so it was spotless in there

It looks like the stuff you get when oil emulsifies (apart from the grit)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

It looks like the stuff you get when oil emulsifies (apart from the grit)

I am wondering if it is the rubber grease i used when refitting the carb but i cant see how it would get in there and it was red