Fred's Monster

Sir Fallsalot

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

A few new organs to transplant into the monster were waiting for me when i got home from work tonight not much there for £534 😩

IMG_2922.thumb.JPG.11ca4d604eaae21e9ba72c718e3a6305.JPG

After a few hours on the operating table the monster lives again lets hope it lives longer than a KLR this time. I'll finish putting it together tomorrow night take it for a short run then drop the oil and hopefully an MOT on Thursday 

alan partridge GIF

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

A few new organs to transplant into the monster were waiting for me when i got home from work tonight not much there for £534 😩

After a few hours on the operating table the monster lives again lets hope it lives longer than a KLR this time. I'll finish putting it together tomorrow night take it for a short run then drop the oil and hopefully an MOT on Thursday 

Sounds nice, I like that typical Honda whine

• Like 2

Finished putting it together tonight and been out for a run, I'd forgotten how well it pulls and sooo smooth compared to the two stroke, That Beta is turning me into a wimp the clutch is so light on it i had a shock when i got on the dog the clutch was almost a two hand operation something i hadn't noticed before. Changed the oil with some cheap ebay stuff and will swap it again in a few hundred miles if it runs that long. MOT booked for tomorrow and then i can put some miles on it  feeling happy :classic_smile:

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Finished putting it together tonight and been out for a run, I'd forgotten how well it pulls and sooo smooth compared to the two stroke, That Beta is turning me into a wimp the clutch is so light on it i had a shock when i got on the dog the clutch was almost a two hand operation something i hadn't noticed before. Changed the oil with some cheap ebay stuff and will swap it again in a few hundred miles if it runs that long. MOT booked for tomorrow and then i can put some miles on it  feeling happy :classic_smile:

Now you're on a spending spree, time for a Magura setup?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Now you're on a spending spree, time for a Magura setup?

I want to stick with the cable might put a new one on to see if it improves, got this thing in my head of these hydraulic conversions letting me down when i need it most 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Had a run out on the dog today got the MOT and so far the thing is going ok. 
Usual route back from the MOT station you can see Penrhys on the right in the distance
IMG_2929.thumb.JPG.b51f34703ad554cce3fedb7d51c03f6b.JPG

How did it sound/feel Fred , I presume it passed the MOT ?

29 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

How did it sound/feel Fred , I presume it passed the MOT ?

I don't like to jinx myself but all seems good, pulls like a train as it always done. Weird feeling being on it after the Beta you could certainly feel the weight and i was riding like i'd never been off road on it before. Fine tuning the controls today lots of slop in the clutch and front brake levers so swapping and adjusting them so the positions feel more like the beta. The rear brake lever has far too much movement so just finished sorting that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I don't like to jinx myself but all seems good, pulls like a train as it always done. Weird feeling being on it after the Beta you could certainly feel the weight and i was riding like i'd never been off road on it before. Fine tuning the controls today lots of slop in the clutch and front brake levers so swapping and adjusting them so the positions feel more like the beta. The rear brake lever has far too much movement so just finished sorting that

You off work Fred?

• Haha 1

On 02/11/2021 at 13:29, Sir Fallsalot said:

I feel your pain, I order a small part for my Honda and just about fell over when they told me how much........crazy 🙃

For some reason I get excited when I see genuine parts bags, for any vehicle I have........  what a weirdo I am.....😆

• Haha 3

I remember when some newbie on a Honda forum was ripping into me for having a KTM, he went on and on about how KTM parts were soooooooooooo expensive , blah, blah , blah

I asked him what bike he had, he replied that he had an Africa Twin and that it was the best bike ever.  I said to him , you're right mate, great bike..........  until you have to buy parts for it.

He kept on calling me a liar about the cost of the parts , KTM parts are twice as expensive as Honda blah, blah , blah until another forum member pointed out that I worked for a main dealer and that selling  Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Piaggio , Triumph and KTM parts was my job  🤔

• Haha 4

I had lots of wear on the brake pedal shaft and the hole in the frame. Decided to do something about today. Drilled the hole in the frame slightly larger and turned up a new shaft quite enjoyed doing it and pleased with the result

Old one looking poorly

!cid_A14D394C-2DB7-4719-B534-2F80CD9B72A5.thumb.jpg.b7791b41c15169e6230f63982346cb8e.jpg

New one all shiny pity you wont see it when fitted

!cid_543F0C9D-6ED4-4C15-BD8B-EA14350F1056.thumb.jpg.6c8403da1a5eea444121b3812366c4a2.jpg

Then went out for another test ride rear brake travel much improved and i decided i'm so glad i stumped up the cash to fix the dog i forgot how much i enjoy it nothing like a big single thumping away between your legs :classic_laugh:

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had lots of wear on the brake pedal shaft and the hole in the frame. Decided to do something about today. Drilled the hole in the frame slightly larger and turned up a new shaft quite enjoyed doing it and pleased with the result

Old one looking poorly

!cid_A14D394C-2DB7-4719-B534-2F80CD9B72A5.thumb.jpg.b7791b41c15169e6230f63982346cb8e.jpg

New one all shiny pity you wont see it when fitted

!cid_543F0C9D-6ED4-4C15-BD8B-EA14350F1056.thumb.jpg.6c8403da1a5eea444121b3812366c4a2.jpg

Then went out for another test ride rear brake travel much improved and i decided i'm so glad i stumped up the cash to fix the dog i forgot how much i enjoy it nothing like a big single thumping away between your legs :classic_laugh:

That's superb Fred, how did you fix the shaft to the pedal ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Its welded on the outside ground the old weld off punched out the old shaft pushed the new one in and rewelded it 

That's what I thought you'd say but I didn't realise you could weld , top man 👍   what say you @XTreme

erer-welding.gif.6286e6988b11141b8fcb1885bd717048.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That's what I thought you'd say but I didn't realise you could weld , top man 👍   what say you @XTreme

erer-welding.gif.6286e6988b11141b8fcb1885bd717048.gif

Well there's welding and there's the thing i do, I was happy with this weld current was a bit high but couldn't be arsed to do a test weld first and no grinding after, bonus :classic_laugh:

!cid_E9C3E87E-F8E6-4F4F-920D-A51F26278DCC.thumb.jpg.ef8f342fdda1c0d6c8d21d8d649f8831.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Took the bike out to warm it up for an oil change tonight and the bloody thing went all fluffy on me for a short while so when i got home i took the float bowl sump bolt out for a look, I think I've found out why the bike died on me on the way home last ride 

What the fuck is that shit the carb was spotless when i put the bike back together and so is the tank. The crap in the plastic container was in there as well

!cid_3B04CAE8-C8BB-456F-88A9-2452C8D7B14D.thumb.jpg.6f74b85bca0840aaec10a17937a9d85b.jpg

!cid_F8A3326A-2697-4465-A08F-A6E5FF6ACE82.jpg.18e5b825d609ece69a54e32fd6146e66.jpg

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Took the bike out to warm it up for an oil change tonight and the bloody thing went all fluffy on me for a short while so when i got home i took the float bowl sump bolt out for a look, I think I've found out why the bike died on me on the way home last ride 

What the fuck is that shit the carb was spotless when i put the bike back together and so is the tank 

!cid_3B04CAE8-C8BB-456F-88A9-2452C8D7B14D.thumb.jpg.6f74b85bca0840aaec10a17937a9d85b.jpg

Somebody's cum in your carb?

That's the sort of deviant behaviour that DA used to get up to!

What you say @Tym?

• Haha 2