This is the time of the year........

XTreme

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Blender won't give you permission to leave the country!

Your lot in life is to be incarcerated on Plague Island being Blender's Baldrick! 

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

listen, just cause Bender had a word & made you chuck your toys and flounce , admit it ,you was a  proper twat over there.... im obviously made of stronger stuff , and much better looking .

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

listen, just cause Bender had a word & made you chuck your toys and flounce , admit it ,you was a  proper twat over there.... im obviously made of stronger stuff , and much better looking .

I took my charisma, personality, and Ride Reports elsewhere! 

You, on the other hand, bent over and sucked up.

What can we learn from this?

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I took my charisma, personality, and Ride Reports elsewhere! 

You, on the other hand, bent over and sucked up.

What can we learn from this?

That you are not only a twat , but a deluded twat .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tym said:

Word is he couldnt get out of his new wetsuit and had to be taken to the knackers.

🤓

To the knackers or by them?.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

Spot on, same as my TDM.

Same here with my CRF1000 only dirt that will see is getting in and out of a camp field or the type of gravel road you could ride on any road bike.

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Same here with my CRF1000 only dirt that will see is getting in and out of a camp field or the type of gravel road you could ride on any road bike.

That surprised me as the super10 although heavy was bloody good off road, not that I tried too much hard stuff. I'd have though the Honda would be well capable in your hands.

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

That surprised me as the super10 although heavy was bloody good off road, not that I tried too much hard stuff. I'd have though the Honda would be well capable in your hands.

The bike is capable but i bought it for touring just couldn't bring myself to drag it through the crap around here when there's so many better bikes for it. People keep saying their big dirt bikes but to me a big dirt bike is something like a Husky 701, it's a travel bike something you can ride through rough terrain if you come across it when touring. People are being sold a lie in my opinion. Manufacturers stick a world class rider on their product and then make an advert showing what he can do and the gullible think buying the bike will enable them to ride like him :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The bike is capable but i bought it for touring just couldn't bring myself to drag it through the crap around here when there's so many better bikes for it. People keep saying their big dirt bikes but to me a big dirt bike is something like a Husky 701, it's a travel bike something you can ride through rough terrain if you come across it when touring. People are being sold a lie in my opinion. Manufacturers stick a world class rider on their product and then make an advert showing what he can do and the gullible think buying the bike will enable them to ride like him :classic_laugh:

Can't argue that. I got mine for the comfort, never got on with sports bikes.
They did the same with the big Yam ad wise.
I had a test ride for a day, bloody sales man knew what he was doing.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Can't argue that. I got mine for the comfort, never got on with sports bikes.
They did the same with the big Yam ad wise.
I had a test ride for a day, bloody sales man knew what he was doing.

The problem with the manufacturers now is they're making bikes look like they have offroad capabilities......when in fact they're just road bikes with different styling.

The FB bike group pages are full of people taking massive machines on terrain that is only suitable for for small, light, dirt bikes.

• Like 3

It's called 'adventure riding' Pete.  All the wannabees will dissapear in a couple of years and then there will be loads of cheap bikes to buy. Or probably not cos they all buy them on PCP deals anyway   :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The problem with the manufacturers now is they're making bikes look like they have offroad capabilities......when in fact they're just road bikes with different styling.

The FB bike group pages are full of people taking massive machines on terrain that is only suitable for for small, light, dirt bikes.

Disagree, there's riders out there who can ride these thing off road and the bikes are capable.
The consumer have eyes bigger than their stomaches. Those of us with biking experience soon get to grip with this.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It's called 'adventure riding' Pete.  All the wannabees will dissapear in a couple of years and then there will be loads of cheap bikes to buy. Or probably not cos they all buy them on PCP deals anyway   :classic_rolleyes:

Loads of fucked up bikes you mean never been off road or submerged in a river :classic_laugh:

11 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Disagree, there's riders out there who can ride these thing off road and the bikes are capable.
The consumer have eyes bigger than their stomaches. Those of us with biking experience soon get to grip with this.

Depends what sort of offroad you're referring to though.

I'm talking about the sort of radical terrain that @Sir Fallsalot does from time to time.

Sure, there's guys with the ability to get a GS through that sort of stuff.....but why risk potentially wrecking a 20K machine when you could get a cheap WR250 which would be much better suited.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Depends what sort of offroad you're referring to though.

I'm talking about the sort of radical terrain that @Sir Fallsalot does from time to time.

Sure, there's guys with the ability to get a GS through that sort of stuff.....but why risk potentially wrecking a 20K machine when you could get a cheap WR250 which would be much better suited.

That's my thoughts on it although there is an exception in my view and that's the one bike to do it all on scenario, where you can only afford or got room for one bike therefore you buy a bike aimed at what you do most like touring and then make do on what you use it least for. What i cant get my head around is buying a big adventure bike to ride tough technical terrain all the time. The CRF Facebook group is full of that type and they think you bought the wrong bike if you don't go off road with it and they are the vast minority the majority use it for road riding

• Like 1

Its the selling of ‘adventure riding’ now- must be capable both off road and fully loaded on road for mile eating and as that leads to a master of none they dress a comfortable touring bike up with some off road knobs, not sure if I mean the bike or the rider 😂

Its ABR festival next week and I will be having my annual giggle at the immaculate GS’s lined up outside Waitrose… before I go in there myself 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Its the selling of ‘adventure riding’ now- must be capable both off road and fully loaded on road for mile eating and as that leads to a master of none they dress a comfortable touring bike up with some off road knobs, not sure if I mean the bike or the rider 😂

Its ABR festival next week and I will be having my annual giggle at the immaculate GS’s lined up outside Waitrose… before I go in there myself 😂

What bike will you be taking

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Best of luck with that 👍

• Thanks 1