Honda NC750s 2017

gymwitch

Hiya @Slowlycatchymonkey 🙂 its 217kg.... but i think the issue is where the weight is rather than the actual weight. Its just bloody awkward to shove around. Ive also put metal pannier racks and top box fitting. Probably closer to 220 kg now. Dry weight. 

I just need to kick my ass more in the gym 🤣

My test was horrendous well the mod 1 was.... i failed first time for not hitting required speed on swerve avoidance 🙄 what i think i did was i dropped off the acceleration too soon and engine braked in the speed trap. Anyway im glad thats all behind me. We were both stressed to the hilt from it all !!! 🤣🤣 took us a year from start to finish because of lockdowns.

Ive just looked at the suzuki sv weight thats the bike i learnt on. 165kg so quite a big difference there then. 

What are you on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

Hiya @Slowlycatchymonkey 🙂 its 217kg.... but i think the issue is where the weight is rather than the actual weight. Its just bloody awkward to shove around. Ive also put metal pannier racks and top box fitting. Probably closer to 220 kg now. Dry weight. 

My test was horrendous well the mod 1 was.... i failed first time for not hitting required speed on swerve avoidance 🙄 what i think i did was i dropped off the acceleration too soon and engine braked in the speed trap. Anyway im glad thats all behind me. We were both stressed to the hilt from it all !!! 🤣🤣 took us a year from start to finish because of lockdowns.

Ive just looked at the suzuki sv weight thats the bike i learnt on. 165kg so quite a big difference there then. 

What are you on?

I think the pressure you feel on the mod one is crazy, its well known that some perfectly competent riders are destined to fail the moment the gates shut. But you got there in the end and while itll stay with you for a while eventually it just becomes an amusing memory 👍

Yer that is a big difference in weight. Quite a jump up but one I reckon you can get to grips with. I’m also a small person, 5’ 4” about 8 1/2 stone (dunno for sure, don’t weigh myself), arms like Kermit, you just have to allow yourself a longer adjustment time and not be too hard on yourself that youre not stacked like a bloke.

Ive just done LEJOG and most of the NC500 on my 1250 Bandit which is for me a heavy bike (240kg dry) and top heavy before its even loaded so I completely get where youre coming from. I was on the upper outer edge of what I could handle weight wise which I think is what I’m getting from your posts? 

In the first 4 days Id decided the fully loaded the bike was definitely too heavy for me and the bike was going to have to go but by day 7/8 I was back in love with it and the necessary muscle had developed so it no longer felt heavy. Suppose what I’m saying is if you like the bike manoeuvre it about manually yourself as much as possible and the muscle/muscle memory will quickly arrive.

Mr Slowly got some filthy looks and head shakes from other people when I was incompetently straining to shift my bike about. He said he wanted to shout at them “she doesnt want my help” 🤣 Which I didnt cos who wants to be the little lady who got a bike thats too big and needs a man to move it for her?!! So its worked out fine I can even move it backwards on uneven ground or a slight incline against me now which 3 weeks ago would have seemed an impossibility. Deep gravel though can fuck right off!

I know from the other place youre made from sensible stuff (well without the vodka anyway 😉💃 😂) and will soon know whether its a yes I will be able to handle this bike or no its too much to be fun.

The way I view it (others far more experienced here may want to correct this) I’m 48, I have limited time being able to manage a heavy powerful bike before something light and less aggressive becomes the order of the day so I’m damn well going to enjoy every crazy brown trouser moment with bigger bikes I can get while I can manage it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

What are you on?

It is quite a difference, I didn't think it was that heavy but with panniers and top box that would probably add another 15-20kg so its probably more like 230-235kg now. 

So get pumping that iron 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think the pressure you feel on the mod one is crazy, its well known that some perfectly competent riders are destined to fail the moment the gates shut. But you got there in the end and while itll stay with you for a while eventually it just becomes an amusing memory 👍

Yer that is a big difference in weight. Quite a jump up but one I reckon you can get to grips with. I’m also a small person, 5’ 4” about 8 1/2 stone (dunno for sure, don’t weigh myself), arms like Kermit, you just have to allow yourself a longer adjustment time and not be too hard on yourself that youre not stacked like a bloke.

Ive just done LEJOG and most of the NC500 my 1250 Bandit which is for me a heavy bike (240kg dry) and top heavy before its even loaded so I completely get where youre coming from. I was on the upper outer edge of what I could handle weight wise which I think is what I’m getting from your posts? 

In the first 4 days Id decided the fully loaded the bike was definitely too heavy for me and the bike was going to have to go but by day 7/8 I was back in love with it and the necessary muscle had developed so it no longer felt heavy. Suppose what I’m saying is if you like the bike manoeuvre it about manually yourself as much as possible and the muscle/muscle memory will quickly arrive.

Mr Slowly got some filthy looks and head shakes from other people when I was incompetently straining to shift my bike about. He said he wanted to shout at them “she doesnt want my help” 🤣 Which I didnt cos who wants to be the little lady who got a bike thats too big and needs a man to move it for her?!! So its worked out fine I can even move it backwards on uneven ground or a slight incline against me now which 3 weeks ago would have seemed an impossibility. Deep gravel though can fuck right off!

I know from the other place youre made from sensible stuff (well without the vodka anyway 😉💃 😂) and will soon know whether its a yes I will be able to handle this bike or no its too much to be fun.

The way I view it (others far more experienced here may want to correct this) I’m 48, I have limited time being able to manage a heavy powerful bike before something light and less aggressive becomes the order of the day so I’m damn well going to enjoy every crazy brown trouser moment with bigger bikes I can get while I can manage it.

I must admit I do like the weight of mine when it is fully loaded for a camping trip, its around 180kg dry, I add another 115kg and probably 40kg of gear so all told about 1/3 of a ton but by god its stable and just nice to ride instead of feeling like im riding a mosquito that wants to constantly change direction 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I must admit I do like the weight of mine when it is fully loaded for a camping trip, its around 180kg dry, I add another 115kg and probably 40kg of gear so all told about 1/3 of a ton but by god its stable and just nice to ride instead of feeling like im riding a mosquito that wants to constantly change direction 

Lol I definitely had some mosquito moments (including meeting the tarmac with my head on a u turn 😝) but the range a single gear covers on the bandit is enormous so its really nice to tour on, up to 8 hours riding a day with no backache and very little arse ache so I forgive it its sins. 

Getting it lowered tomorrow by up to 5cm which is a quite a lot, will be interesting to see how that effects the balance. No doubt Ill forget and treat it like its unlowered for some exciting “oh shit” moments 😂

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Ive just done LEJOG and most of the NC500 on my 1250 Bandit which is for me a heavy bike (240kg dry) and top heavy before its even loaded so I completely get where youre coming from. I was on the upper outer edge of what I could handle weight wise which I think is what I’m getting from your posts? 

Yes to all that and im in complete agreement !!!  I do shove it around but only when no ones looking. If theres a crowd i stand there like a helpless female and let Andy do it 🤣🤣 i never ever thought that day would come for me but it has and i dont care anymore 😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gymwitch said:

What are you on?

If you can get a test ride try the 2021 MT-07 , I had one for a couple of hours this week and I was very impressed.  184kg wet, feel much lighter and easier to move about (on foot) than my Tenere 700

• Like 3

8 hours ago, boboneleg said:

If you can get a test ride try the 2021 MT-07 , I had one for a couple of hours this week and I was very impressed.  184kg wet, feel much lighter and easier to move about (on foot) than my Tenere 700

That was the bike i had first for learnong on and yes it was a lovely bike. Nice looking too. I will het to grips with this lady in time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

I do believe i was here before you @Six30 🤔

Never mind that, seniority doesn’t count here, just post a ride report of some sorts and you’ll be way ahead of anyone that came from that other forum. 

So far Rich has posted a picture of his bike behind some alley, Six has posted a picture of his bike next to an old opel corsa, and Clive has posted a picture of when he went to buy a loaf of bread. They’re making it easy for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

I do believe i was here before you @Six30 🤔

No.....six was the first from the other forum to sign up. A week before everybody else in fact!

It has been suggested he was told to do that by the powers that be to keep an eye on the place.

Personally I don't think that was the case......it was probably more due to the fact that he didn't have a clue what to do without me there to guide him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Never mind that, seniority doesn’t count here, just post a ride report of some sorts and you’ll be way ahead of anyone that came from that other forum. 

So far Rich has posted a picture of his bike behind some alley, Six has posted a picture of his bike next to an old opel corsa, and Clive has posted a picture of when he went to buy a loaf of bread. They’re making it easy for you!

Oi!!! I posted 2 photos earlier!.

No bread was involved in today ride.😂

• Like 2

Remembered, Swagman posted a picture of his mates eating a burger somewhere, and Mawsley indeed posts great stuff and an awesome report with amazing pictures!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Clive said:

Oi!!! I posted 2 photos earlier!.

No bread was involved in today ride.😂

See? “I posted 2 pictures earlier” only makes you look sad

• Haha 1

Just now, Pedro said:

See? “I posted 2 pictures earlier” only makes you look sad

It was better than my usual amount of photos=0 😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Mawsley indeed posts great stuff and an awesome report with amazing pictures!

@Mawsley joined just after we opened (like Clive did).......and he was hardly posting on the other place by then.

So he can't be grouped with the ones who joined this year.

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

@Mawsley joined just after we opened (like Clive did).......and he was hardly posting on the other place by then.

So he can't be grouped with the ones who joined this year.

Good, I just thought of him as one of escapees as an afterthought. 

Because it wasn’t like The Great Escape, it was more like the animation picture with the hens escaping the coop house:

chicken GIF

• Like 1

And @Slowlycatchymonkeyposted the worst ever ride report, which was pages of drivel before actually leaving and spending a few days unable to reach her camera for a picture. Not even of the local alley behind the chinese restaurant or Lidl.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

And @Slowlycatchymonkeyposted the worst ever ride report, which was pages of drivel before actually leaving and spending a few days unable to reach her camera for a picture. Not even of the local alley behind the chinese restaurant or Lidl.

No.....that was CSJ's MP3 track one!

Just now, Pedro said:

Wooooah bitch! Duh yeh I fail to post ride reports (probably always will) but you know I actually ride.. year round unlike some.. 😂

• Like 2