Honda NC750s 2017

gymwitch

I passed my test and was looking at either the CB500X or the NC750X. The hubs was after a Tracer 900 gt. Im only 5ft 3 and it was suggested i might struggle with the X so i opted for the NC750s. 

From a short arsed womans point of view its heavy to push about. Its got the turning circle of a ship and you can easily hit the rev limiter. However, once you get to grips with it its an easy bike to ride and it has some nice grunt to it in any gear. Ive put a puig touring screen on and fitted pannier racks. The touring screen was a must as i struggled on the motorway with it...i was hanging on rather than riding 🤣 im just under 10st. Once rhe new Bridgestones were scrubbed in i found more confidence to lean in more and the bikes solid as a rock. The front 'tank' space is huge and can fit a helmet in. The petrol goes in under the pillion seat.  Bloody hreat on fuel too !!! Great first big bike and im having a blast on it so far ☺

Yes the screen totally ruins the look of the bike in my opinion and does look like the queen aliens head in aliens so ive called her Ripley. 😬

IMG_20210603_085943_092.jpg.efc5f1635fcb5cc337e634244988618a.jpg

• Like 6

Its only when im moving it around manually that i find it awkward and heavy. The suzuki 650 i learnt on was a breeze compared to this but once im actually riding it theres no comparison, it knocks spots off the suzuki. 

Im just pumping more iron 💪🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Its only when im moving it around manually that i find it awkward and heavy. The suzuki 650 i learnt on was a breeze compared to this but once im actually riding it theres no comparison, it knocks spots off the suzuki. 

Im just pumping more iron 💪🤣

It's the weight that puts me off.....I did look at the X model and in most respects it would be a good fit for me.

It's just too heavy though......my knees wouldn't thank me for it.

• Like 1

Tis a heavy beast but like i say its only when you are shoving it round manually. Riding, even at slow speeds it doesnt feel heavy at all. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Something like the NC would suit you @Clive

I ever the finances come my way it will be another bike.

I do like the look of the Benelli TRX....

• Like 1

Congrats on passing your test, bet its nice to get on a bigger machine.

I had one when I was a courier after having a cbf600 and it did take alot of getting used to.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I had one when I was a courier after having a cbf600 and it did take alot of getting used to.

A motorcycle courier in London? Bet you have a few stories to tell

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

A motorcycle courier in London? Bet you have a few stories to tell

It was a city and distance courier, I do indeed have quite a few stories of woe from my 6 months in the job

6 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

It was a city and distance courier, I do indeed have quite a few stories of woe from my 6 months in the job

That hasn’t been a known job in Portugal up until a few years ago, and even then not as well paid as there. I fid read a couple of good books written by guys who did work as motorcycle couriers in London, so it’s a little mythical to me

Haha its not all roses and laughs whilst doing that kind of work, I used to do between 12 and 15 hours a day in the saddle, in all weathers, the first few weeks I was raking it in but having only 1 set of bike gear I would get soaked then have a day or two off which kinda pissed off the controller I had so I would forever be waiting for work whilst everyone else was busy 

29 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

What did you think once you fettled it?

• Like 1

From my point of view it wasn't a pinch on the cbf600, I found it to be very underpowered though as you say quite torquey and also the tank range was pitiful being empty in around 80 miles when ridden on the motorway, though saying all this it would be the idea first big bike due to its relaxed riding position and torquey twin 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Old grump has taken her innards to sort. 🙂 He picked up the carbs and tank on his way back from scotland last weekend. 

He lives on the south coast doesn't he?

That's a hell of a trip!

2 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Yeah he does. Hes coming back this way in 3 weeks. Hes an absolute legend. Him and his mrs are awesome people 🙂

Give him my best! :littleguy:

• Like 1