Second Weekend in June!

XTreme

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

Im struggling with the same, but to the right. Practice on the flat first and then on descents, practice makes perfect! 

Its ascents i struggle with left and right. Its just that i end up on the wrong side of the road. 

47 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Its ascents i struggle with left and right. Its just that i end up on the wrong side of the road. 

You have a problem getting it up?

Aroused The Office GIF

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Yes i do. I get it up but on the wrong side 🤔

Turn the bars more and weight the footpeg on the opposite side to the direction you're going.

The other thing, which is suspect is happening, is you're not looking in the direction you want to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Turn the bars more and weight the footpeg on the opposite side to the direction you're going.

The other thing, which is suspect is happening, is you're not looking in the direction you want to go.

Are you giving consumer advice on how to ride when legend has it you don't actually know how you yourself do it, if i remember you said you just do it but don't know how 

• Haha 2

Just now, gymwitch said:

Ahhhh i shall try the footpeg and open my eyes next time 😬 pretty sure they are shut in sheer panic mode 😫

It's difficult to advise correctly without seeing what you're doing.

Can you get the OH following you with a cam running?

Just now, Richzx6r said:

Are you giving consumer advice on how to ride when legend has it you don't actually know how you yourself do it, if i remember you said you just do it but don't know how 

I'm definitely not the best one to advise because training didn't exist 50 years ago......so I've only ever ridden on instinct.

Or "Motorcycling Tourettes" as @Pedro describes it. :classic_unsure:

So for me to give advice I've really got to think hard as to what it is I actually do.

I was going to suggest using ass steering as well, but that's a tricky one to describe.

Plus it's more effective on some bikes than others......so never having ridden an NC I can't say it would help much.

7 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Hey i need all the help i can get. 🤣

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Hey i need all the help i can get. 🤣

Im sure you don't, I'd bet once you get used to the bigger bike you will be fine, just don't put pressure on yourself to learn everything overnight 

• Like 2

I need to find one thsts not too bad and practice really instead of it just happening and having a meltdown. I feel sorry for Andy cos i was yelling "im stopping im stopping !!!" Then just razzed straight past him 🤣🤣🤣 poor man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I'm definitely not the best one to advise because training didn't exist 50 years ago......so I've only ever ridden on instinct.

Or "Motorcycling Tourettes" as @Pedro describes it. :classic_unsure:

To be honest, the "motorcycling tourettes" wasn't a comment on your riding skill or technical stuff you're doing on the bike's controls, I've no doubt you're a very competent rider.

It was, yes, a comment on how it looks like when someone is following you on the road, I felt like you were going slow in the fast bits and accelerate in the slower bits to try and shake me off or catch me by surprise, hence the tourettes :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

To be honest, the "motorcycling tourettes" wasn't a comment on your riding skill or technical stuff you're doing on the bike's controls, I've no doubt you're a very competent rider.

It was, yes, a comment on how it looks like when someone is following you on the road, I felt like you were going slow in the fast bits and accelerate in the slower bits to try and shake me off or catch me by surprise, hence the tourettes :classic_laugh:

It's not a deliberate thing......more a case of I like to maintain a consistent pace.

So for example if I'm doing 60mph on the straight and I come to a hairpin bend......I don't want to lose any momentum. So I just keep on going at 60mph.

Probably a legacy of small bikes in the early years, where losing momentum meant you were screwed if you had other bikes with you. Back then it was just one big race! 

For someone behind it might look like I'm accelerating.....but I'm not. It's their braking that makes it look like that to them.

It's the polar opposite of the 100mph up the straight and 20mph round the bend types.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's not a deliberate thing......more a case of I like to maintain a consistent pace.

So for example if I'm doing 60mph on the straight and I come to a hairpin bend......I don't want to lose any momentum. So I just keep on going at 60mph.

Probably a legacy of small bikes in the early years, where losing momentum meant you were screwed if you had other bikes with you. Back then it was just one big race! 

For someone behind it might look like I'm accelerating.....but I'm not. It's their braking that makes it look like that to them.

It's the polar opposite of the 100mph up the straight and 20mph round the bend types.

Thats exactly how my OH rides. When i followed him when i was first learning i thought his brake lights were broken...i was waiting for clues and such to follow and copy. None given...the man doesnt brake he just swoops round every bloody corner and maintains the same fricken speed !!! Hes got the bike now from a scooter and he looks like hes never been off it. Makes me sick 😒

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Thats exactly how my OH rides. When i followed him when i was first learning i thought his brake lights were broken...i was waiting for clues and such to follow and copy. None given...the man doesnt brake he just swoops round every bloody corner and maintains the same fricken speed !!! Hes got the bike now from a scooter and he looks like hes never been off it. Makes me sick 😒

Get him to join up here......we can be the Motorcycling Tourettes gang!

paper towels GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2