WEEKEND!

Tym

11 hours ago, Buckster said:

It will be a rust bucket

Carpets will be coming out next week and I think we'll find you wrong.
So far in remarkably good condition.

5 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Carpets will be coming out next week and I think we'll find you wrong.
So far in remarkably good condition.

Get underneath with a magnet and see if it sticks to anything and if it does, see how much of it comes off with the magnet.

13 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Interior pretty standard, nothing bling there. Vinyl roof in good condition, alloys that are turning to powder and to top it all, it's a 2.8 engine the previous owner fitted. I knew something was wrong while I was getting it started but kept my mouth shut before I could confirm to the owner.
He's a little disappointed but now started searching for a 3ltr engine. and manual box.

88d1ffd9-5b2c-4b17-852b-e23623ab9e50.jpg.f6b1d04f1860e53386547980ca387e99.jpg

Paint looks very good on this pic but the lacquer is shite. Previous owner didn't do the car any favours other than keeping it in a well vented garage.

Typical rust in the front wings, vinyl roof looks in good nick, scuttle area looks ok.  You probably know anyway Dave but check for rust around the front suspension struts.

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Typical rust in the front wings, vinyl roof looks in good nick, scuttle area looks ok.  You probably know anyway Dave but check for rust around the front suspension struts.

I'll get some pics next time round, I couldn't believe how good the struts are, no rust on the top plate either.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I favour kill him dead and get away with it but that last parts a bit tricky..

Peter Falk Detective GIF by PeacockTV

Let's just assume Columbo isn't going to be on the case, or everyone's fucked.

It's no joke, though, it's a tough situation and the poor lady or girl has to live with it, regardless of she really has to or not. 

Wack to the back of the head with a hammer, on a dark street, and just carry on walking.

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's no joke, though, it's a tough situation and the poor lady or girl has to live with it, regardless of she really has to or not. 

Wack to the back of the head with a hammer, on a dark street, and just carry on walking.

Well once upon a time a wee psycho tried to kill my sister in law, she ran to our house and the coward was too scared to follow her here so all was well but for a while after he was released I did have a hammer handy. The way I saw it the only chance I stood if I was on my tod was to hide behind the door and have one good swing! Might have back fired horribly but at least I wouldnt have gone down without a fight 😂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Pedro said:

Are you cross breeding threads here?

Just now, Catteeclan said:

Can I have the Chopper as well please.

Yeah, I never got a chopper.  Just a 3-speed s/h old mans bike.  I went everywhere on it though

• Like 1

Just now, boboneleg said:

Yeah, I never got a chopper.  Just a 3-speed s/h old mans bike.  I went everywhere on it though

I never had a bicycle......my old girl wouldn't buy me one cos she reckoned I was too wild! :classic_unsure:

The reality is she didn't want to waste any money on me!

• Haha 1

Just now, boboneleg said:

I had a chopper with a moped battery, indicators, brake and head lights. Charged via a side of the tyre type dynamo.
Some basted pinched it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well I didn't think it was funny, was fucking guttered. And I had to walk home 4 miles from my job at midnight.
That's just made you laugh more hasn't it.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

And I had to walk home 4 miles from my job at midnight.

You were working......but had a Chopper?

You were either being used as child labour.......or you were a grown man looking like a twat on a childrens' toy?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

You were working......but had a Chopper?

You were either being used as child labour.......or you were a grown man looking like a twat on a childrens' toy?

Had just left school and was working in an amusements, 9am til 12am. You're prob right on both counts.:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

The reality is she didn't want to waste any money on me!

She figured you were ginger so you likely wouldn’t last long enough to get the use out of it.

• Haha 2

On 07/06/2021 at 20:53, boboneleg said:

This is the one I lusted after when I was young , RS3100

1108608439_1973fordcaprirs3100frontBE.jpg.12013d89a4ac174ef7a3fcd560c86105.jpg

One of the lads I worked with when I was an apprentice had one of these. The thing is, he didn't realise that's what it was. Just assumed it was a standard 3 litre. It was only when he wrote it off ( met a lamppost with it) and gave it to a relative to fix up, that his relative told him that it was an RS3100!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 05/06/2021 at 18:56, yen_powell said:

I thought all Capris had rear end damage because they always spin round and go arse first when it goes tits up.

I had a mark 1 1600 GT, which used to like stepping the rear out in the wet. A seriously scary car.