WEEKEND!

Tym

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

The english version is probably blocked and used by a paying channel, see if you get this:

I could see two of the three thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Nice, is it a 3.0 S ? 

Right, I knew someone would ask this.
Previous owner has stuck all sorts of stickers on and later died. Wife of said owner was trying to tell us it was something special. Brooklands was mentioned but that's crap. It's had all sorts of changes in its life but I believe the log book says, 3.0, No S which makes sense as it's an Ghia automatic. Wife said it's now got a Granada engine which is a disappointment but I'm sure it's just a difference in camshaft. I've been told of lots of stories of bigger valved heads but talking to engine builders it's bull. Time will tell as "Simon the owner" will now research this big time.
If you have info Bob it would be appreciated?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Was the glue poisonous? :classic_unsure:

Thats my sort of comment ya nob.:classic_laugh: Just old age.
I don't under stand the old folk that want to shove on all sort of pin stripes and stickers, and then lacquer over the top. Messed up some good paint work, although it'll have a respray later.
Simon thinks like me, get it on the road and better it along the way. It's a real good starting point for it's age.
I suspect a slight head gasket prob but not worried as I'll be assisting him doing a full rebuild along the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Right, I knew someone would ask this.
Previous owner has stuck all sorts of stickers on and later died. Wife of said owner was trying to tell us it was something special. Brooklands was mentioned but that's crap. It's had all sorts of changes in its life but I believe the log book says, 3.0, No S which makes sense as it's an Ghia automatic. Wife said it's now got a Granada engine which is a disappointment but I'm sure it's just a difference in camshaft. I've been told of lots of stories of bigger valved heads but talking to engine builders it's bull. Time will tell as "Simon the owner" will now research this big time.
If you have info Bob it would be appreciated?

What sort of an interior has it got ? If it had a Granada engine implant that might explain the auto box if they just replaced the whole shebang.  Ghia Auto will have a lot of 'chrome' embelishment, has it got a viynl roof ?

58 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Was the glue poisonous? :classic_unsure:

Just what you get for messing with stickers and misleading engine sizes, just keep it honest, people!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Auto box of that age? That’s got to be proper shit!

Why, changing gear in a car is a pointless exercise.  Pedro is your surname Viana ?

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Why, changing gear in a car is a pointless exercise.  Pedro is your surname Viana ?

I don’t understand if that’s a joke...

But no, it’s Rocha, translated to “rock”, Pete Rock is also a rapper’s name, but that’s not me.

There was a comment on the red flag from a Pedro Viana , I just wondered if it was you .  Mind you, some of the comments on there are obviously from complete dickheads  :wank4az:

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

There was a comment on the red flag from a Pedro Viana , I just wondered if it was you .  Mind you, some of the comments on there are obviously from complete dickheads  :wank4az:

I don’t see the comments, or even listen to the english comments much as they’re wrong on track locations most of the time, it’s just I prefer to listen to a friendly language and german (and germans)just boils my piss...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

That fog looks there to stay, do you think it's the end of the race Pedro ?

No, absolutely not, it’s going to be on full time before dawn. The weather there is insane in the way it changes, and races have been stopped more and more as the fast class keeps getting faster. It’ll be a mad sprint to the finish after they green flag it !

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

You got good weather Tym?

Well, its hot, i;ll give it that, i really dont like hot to be honest anymore, i think its my thyroid doing that i forget now. :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

Started the day with a lovely drive to some different trees for the morning dog walk.  We went down a mountain bike trail called Tin Pan Alley.

It had just rained, so it was really nice and lush in the forest. 🙂🌲

96F70BB2-DBD5-4F3F-B9C4-1CAD539DACD3_1_201_a.jpeg

CD80FDEE-1FC6-4990-AC1B-7111006126AB_1_201_a.jpeg

1C1DEFD3-B37B-4F29-86CF-9631D5518F75_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

After the morning dog walk we went for a short ride on the Himalayans to see about a road that just opened up....meaning, NO LOGGING TRUCKS :littleguy:

The sun came out for a bit and the roads were in good shape..... it was a nice ride. 🙂

512BC234-7E46-4D95-A276-50E770547D06_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

There's some sort of horse event going on in the town, and over 25 of them are being stabled in the site where we have ours.

Some were in enclosed stables so I couldn't get pics but you'll get the idea!

First two are ours.....

20210606_090900-min.jpg

20210606_090946-min.jpg

20210606_091114-min.jpg

20210606_091211-min.jpg

20210606_091345-min.jpg

20210606_091406-min.jpg

20210606_091428-min.jpg

• Like 4

On 05/06/2021 at 20:57, boboneleg said:

What sort of an interior has it got ? If it had a Granada engine implant that might explain the auto box if they just replaced the whole shebang.  Ghia Auto will have a lot of 'chrome' embelishment, has it got a viynl roof ?

Interior pretty standard, nothing bling there. Vinyl roof in good condition, alloys that are turning to powder and to top it all, it's a 2.8 engine the previous owner fitted. I knew something was wrong while I was getting it started but kept my mouth shut before I could confirm to the owner.
He's a little disappointed but now started searching for a 3ltr engine. and manual box.

88d1ffd9-5b2c-4b17-852b-e23623ab9e50.jpg.f6b1d04f1860e53386547980ca387e99.jpg

Paint looks very good on this pic but the lacquer is shite. Previous owner didn't do the car any favours other than keeping it in a well vented garage.

• Like 2

Most of the 3.0 were auto. It will be a rust bucket but if he goes through it then it will make a good usable classic.

4 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Interior pretty standard, nothing bling there. Vinyl roof in good condition, alloys that are turning to powder and to top it all, it's a 2.8 engine the previous owner fitted. I knew something was wrong while I was getting it started but kept my mouth shut before I could confirm to the owner.
He's a little disappointed but now started searching for a 3ltr engine. and manual box.

88d1ffd9-5b2c-4b17-852b-e23623ab9e50.jpg.f6b1d04f1860e53386547980ca387e99.jpg

Paint looks very good on this pic but the lacquer is shite. Previous owner didn't do the car any favours other than keeping it in a well vented garage.

Stuff a  v/8 into it. You know you want too.

🤓

• Like 1