That kid's face

yen_powell

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Did your school ever have that toilet paper that you could use as tracing paper ? 

do you mean that izel stuff you might as well use grease proof paper it would mop up the same ?

• Haha 1

I took Izal to the Sahara, I thought it would be more resistant to damp weather stashed away in my throw overs. I brought it back unopened (it was in a flat square box). I'll bet it is still in my camping gear somewhere. 

It isn't easy to get, I had to call in a favour from a girl who's dad had the sort of 'sell everything' shop and who still had some stashed away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I took Izal to the Sahara, I thought it would be more resistant to damp weather stashed away in my throw overs. I brought it back unopened (it was in a flat square box). I'll bet it is still in my camping gear somewhere. 

It isn't easy to get, I had to call in a favour from a girl who's dad had the sort of 'sell everything' shop and who still had some stashed away.

Ok now I’m finding myself thinking along Xtremes lines cos deliberately seeking out that stuff for your delicates isn’t right!

I just stored normal bog paper in a waterproof pouch... like a normal person would...

What’s this about the Sahara? Pics? Thread? What were you doing there and all that jazz?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Ok now I’m finding myself thinking along Xtremes lines cos deliberately seeking out that stuff for your delicates isn’t right!

I just stored normal bog paper in a waterproof pouch... like a normal person would...

What’s this about the Sahara? Pics? Thread? What were you doing there and all that jazz?

Long time ago (pre Ewen and Charlie), saw an article in Trail Bike Magazine that said big trail bikes not a problem there, as no mud to speak of (they didn't mention the ice), desperate to try it, talked three other people on big bikes (750AT, 600TA, 900Triumph Tiger) into going, two dropped out (lost job and divorce proceedings), remaining bloke invited his brother, I said yes as long as he had a big lumpy bike as well, they both bought matching second hand 750 Africa Twins. Then a 4th from my work invited himself and drove us all mad (we talked of killing him and hiding the body at one point), but to be fair his CCM was light enough to check out some tricky trails which had become streams/washed away and he fixed one bike using large rocks and gaffer tape after a crash. Took about 4 weeks, got my only puncture half a mile from home on the way back, local travelling people had burnt a pallet on a green lane I thought I would do whilst I still had knobbly tyres on and I copped one of the screws.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Long time ago (pre Ewen and Charlie), saw an article in Trail Bike Magazine that said big trail bikes not a problem there, as no mud to speak of (they didn't mention the ice), desperate to try it, talked three other people on big bikes (750AT, 600TA, 900Triumph Tiger) into going, two dropped out (lost job and divorce proceedings), remaining bloke invited his brother, I said yes as long as he had a big lumpy bike as well, they both bought matching second hand 750 Africa Twins. Then a 4th from my work invited himself and drove us all mad (we talked of killing him and hiding the body at one point), but to be fair his CCM was light enough to check out some tricky trails which had become streams/washed away and he fixed one bike using large rocks and gaffer tape after a crash. Took about 4 weeks, got my only puncture half a mile from home on the way back, local travelling people had burnt a pallet on a green lane I thought I would do whilst I still had knobbly tyres on and I copped one of the screws.

Lol nice work ? I went on one trip where I gained a greater understanding of why fragging occurs and had detailed thoughts about how I should shove him off the side of a mountain (because it would be for the greater good) and if Id get away with it so I know that pain ?  

What did he fix with rocks?

I’m guessing its one of those things you dont desire to do twice?! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Lol nice work ? I went on one trip where I gained a greater understanding of why fragging occurs and had detailed thoughts about how I should shove him of the side of a mountain (because it would be for the greater good) and if Id get away with it so I know that pain ?  

What did he fix with rocks?

I’m guessing its one of those things you dont desire to do twice?! 

He fixed a bash plate and a crushed downpipe that was stopping the clutch lever releasing. He also turned a metal rectangular tube back into a pannier after it broke into three pieces! He was a bit northern, hence the captions I added to two of the photographs.

damagedxrv.jpg

CharlieindunesSPOOF.jpg

DSCF0759.jpg

Me-charlieSPOOF.jpg

tonysacc1.jpg

tonyspannier.jpg

touratech1sm.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Did your school ever have that toilet paper that you could use as tracing paper ? 

My father only ever used that stuff, for as long as i can remember there were two bog roll holders in my parents bathroom one for that stuff and one for everyone who wanted their ass hole intact after a couple of wipes. When he couldn't get the stuff anymore he was devastated :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My father only ever used that stuff, for as long as i can remember there were two bog roll holders in my parents bathroom one for that stuff and one for everyone who wanted their ass hole intact after a couple of wipes. When he couldn't get the stuff anymore he was devastated :classic_laugh:

No way?!?!?! With what justification?!

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep, ours had Bristol Corporation printed on it , slid all over your arse and cleaned nothing ?

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think he had a bad experience where the normal stuff wasn't strong enough and he got shitty fingers

12 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yep, ours had Bristol Corporation printed on it , slid all over your arse and cleaned nothing

angry bob saget GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Didn’t he go to the Peterborough rally with us?

He may well have been there yes. He lives in Wales now, part owner of a pony trekking place in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.