The Doll in the Cemetery

Sir Fallsalot

I had a little jaunt on the 650 tonight they have put gates and locked them on my favorite mountain road along with CCTV i'm hoping this is just for the fly tippers. i could get around the gates no problem and didn't cover my number plate as i want to find out if there are any consequences to riding through there as there are no signs saying no vehicles.

The first gate was to allow horses through no trouble getting the bike over there

IMG_0935.thumb.JPG.3a87cad4f07aeeea5dc28ff9568b2fbe.JPG

This one has a small gate to the left which is unlocked for now 

IMG_0934.thumb.JPG.f57a1d38935b3a342f1d7dedcdd01774.JPG

And this one at the far end was easy to go around

IMG_0937.thumb.JPG.9a1f1fe710e2c0525afaa79a800ba3c7.JPG

IMG_0936.thumb.JPG.21d64ca1a94ed352402fe062165ef276.JPG

I went home along the ridgeway on the next valley across and stopped in this old cemetery, I've put photos of this up before i think, this is the ruins of the Chapel 

IMG_0938.thumb.JPG.551449b831559d119631875943932abd.JPG

i approached the steps and when i turned to go up them this bloody doll made me jump a bit :classic_laugh:

IMG_0939.thumb.JPG.5b91257a72d19d91d54410119542f595.JPG

IMG_0940.thumb.JPG.b20e38ecb2c1a221ab48a728cb7f4876.JPG

i just took some random photos of the grave stones and when i put them on the computer i had a read of them and was saddened to read there were for children after a bit of research i found someone who thinks there was a lot of scarlet fever victims buried here  

IMG_0941.thumb.JPG.bb7b6100d66307f2c751c7df9c3fd9a0.JPG

IMG_0944.thumb.JPG.66f890f438024a3007928c3e9bcc11d9.JPG

IMG_0945.thumb.JPG.48cac07df5dad8b25d81cb5fa2b66fff.JPG

Here's some drone footage i found of the cemetery, Turn the volume up there's a welsh choir singing for you 

On the way home i noticed the tyre noise had increased quite a lot compared to when i went out which started the alarm bells ringing when i got home just what i thought flt rear which in a way is good because as i was leaving to go out i thought to myself its getting time to turn the rear tyre so that's tomorrows job

IMG_0946.thumb.JPG.14912b66f29eafe8627ae6cf36869244.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

the fly tippers.

T

Reminds me of a bumper sticker idear i had:

Save Mother Earth, kill a litter bug!

?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Great pics. How olds the cemetery?

What’s the access on the road? Is it private? Don’t like the gates at all. Who are JPR Phoenix, clampersRus?!

Look forward to hearing there were bugger all consequences.

From the little information i can find it was a medieval chapel which will make it a thousand years old

Its a public road which suffers some awful fly tipping its really bad up there but looks like their cleaning it up now

JPR Phoenix, your guess is as good as mine probably some company employed to monitor the area by the local council 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tym said:

Just the thing mass killers like, kids toys. Just saying. :littleguy:

I have read in the 1950's The Chapel was burnt down destroying the only copy of the burial records. The Local word is that the fire was caused by Devil Worshipers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My bezzie has a genuine fear of dolls (its called pediophobia which sound like it should be something much worse doesnt it) and I really struggle not to wind her up, I just find it really funny, I managed to resist sending her the graveyard doll pic but it wasnt easy.. well done me, what a nice person not scaring the shit out of my oldest friend. I’m only typing this so I dont renege and send it anyway ?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My bezzie has a genuine fear of dolls (its called pediophobia which sound like it should be something much worse doesnt it) and I really struggle not to wind her up, I just find it really funny, I managed to resist sending her the graveyard doll pic but it wasnt easy.. well done me, what a nice person not scaring the shit out of my oldest friend. I’m only typing this so I dont renege and send it anyway ?

Send it.

do it yes GIF by Apartment Guide

• Haha 2

I suppose with everything that's going on they've just erected those barriers without any notice or consultation.  That's a public road isn't Fred ?

Annoys me no end when these twats just do as they please.

The cemetery is definitely spooky when you're up there on your own, I'll admit that I didn't hang around there for long when I went there.

• Like 1

This cemetery was next to my old office, a shortcut to Bow Common Lane, if you didn't get lost in the middle or run over by a Police Horse from the nearby stables being exercised. Amy Winehouse used a bit of it for a video once.

https://spitalfieldslife.com/2010/07/13/at-bow-cemetery/

https://spitalfieldslife.com/2021/03/19/the-beginning-of-spring/

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

The cemetery is definitely spooky when you're up there on your own, I'll admit that I didn't hang around there for long when I went there.

You wouldn't last two minutes over here with me in the Epicentre of Dark Motorcycling Bob! 

A lot of these places here are haunted you know!

Squelching around in mud isn't going to help you one little bit when you come face to face with The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!

ghj.jpg.a660824c5cff9c180c29ae08b26dca72.jpg

Tell him @Tym

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Send it to her just hide it under a thumbnail so she has to unearth it 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You wouldn't last two minutes over here with me in the Epicentre of Dark Motorcycling Bob! 

Squelching around in mud isn't going to help you one little bit when you come face to face with The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!

Tell him @Tym

But they still have their heads.......

2 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

But they still have their heads.......

I thought only Death didn't have a head?

But that image was done before he lost it obviously.

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Tell him @Tym

Those guys are in my book club.

• Haha 2