Pedro's food

Pedro

@Slowlycatchymonkey

I have tried Berber coffee for the first time this year in Morocco, and have been trying to replicate it a few times now. It'll put a whole new twist on black coffee and you'll like it if you like fragrant spices.

It's not meant to be expresso thick so I make it in a french press: use the usual amount of coffee that you would for a strong cup, but then add spices to the ground coffee before adding and mixing the water as normal.

All of them are optional but I have tried it this way and like it: pinch of rock sea salt, coursely ground black pepper, ground cinnamon (more than the others), , ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cardamom (less than the others), and from there on invent within reason. Small amounts of each. A couple of mint leaves go well as well.

Mix it and try it that way, no sugar needed for me and the cinnamon takes care of that, but pretty sure most rural Moroccans will add plenty of sugar to it.

It'll be a different coffee experience.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey

I have tried Berber coffee for the first time this year in Morocco, and have been trying to replicate it a few times now. It'll put a whole new twist on black coffee and you'll like it if you like fragrant spices.

It's not meant to be expresso thick so I make it in a french press: use the usual amount of coffee that you would for a strong cup, but then add spices to the ground coffee before adding and mixing the water as normal.

All of them are optional but I have tried it this way and like it: pinch of rock sea salt, coursely ground black pepper, ground cinnamon (more than the others), , ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cardamom (less than the others), and from there on invent within reason. Small amounts of each. A couple of mint leaves go well as well.

Mix it and try it that way, no sugar needed for me and the cinnamon takes care of that, but pretty sure most rural Moroccans will add plenty of sugar to it.

It'll be a different coffee experience.

Sounds like it might do the trick nicely. 
Definitely worth giving a go. 
I’ll book it into experimental kitchen and report back. 
Thanks 😊 

Fusilli Brocolli, made including all the leaves and stalks, quite spicy too using a whole chili. More green and cabbagy than normal italian but I liked it, healthier.

IMG_0222.thumb.jpeg.beadd4b3f6b97160c775dc32339a9cfa.jpeg

IMG_0224.thumb.jpeg.b65b790bc7e61348b72681769ae66361.jpeg

Leftover codfish and potatoes with boiled eggs, pepper and olives from my tree. This was quite great, really.

IMG_0105.thumb.jpeg.cabb82d5a540f9ecc943c693fdfda4f5.jpeg

IMG_0106.thumb.jpeg.e8014bee80dab579b21b304acf4b3a9b.jpeg

Original codfish and potatoes, lots of onion and semi caramelized garlic, comfort food if you're Portuguese.

IMG_0097.thumb.jpeg.1bbc86f328dc407ad5e88ba0b933cf22.jpeg

IMG_0098.thumb.jpeg.a79ba42e63cf95c1aea659d5ceb32a08.jpeg

• Like 4

Yesterday's tagliatelle alla pizzaiolo. The pasta used for the sauce made by my neighbour next door, the olives , the decorative mint leave, and the rosemary used to fragrant the sauce all from my garden. I liked that.

IMG_0241.thumb.jpeg.f815ade0734f60e1322ed002f48a5429.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Yesterday's tagliatelle alla pizzaiolo. The pasta used for the sauce made by my neighbour next door, the olives , the decorative mint leave, and the rosemary used to fragrant the sauce all from my garden. I liked that.

That must be a Potuguese sized portion , it's certainly not an Italian sized portion 😋

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

This is a Sofia size portion, I eat very little. It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

• Like 2

Shakshuka, it's spicy and comforting and full of tomatoness. Coriander from my garden made it better. You have it with crunchy toast.

IMG_0264.thumb.jpeg.087dcc6b369cc3c75db9b513b26cac98.jpeg

Had a load of carrots, onions, and didn't want to leave that home so decided to cook a rice with them. Roasted the onions and the carrots in the oven with a few spices, got a few bit of garlic to caramelize inside the skins, rosemary from the garden and olive oil, then made a rice on top of that. Used some saffron that I bought in Morocco, too.

IMG_0267.thumb.jpeg.56d83393d701d68540df1c4ab7786caf.jpeg

IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.d9579de437babad0405399eb58e57119.jpeg

IMG_0273.thumb.jpeg.add9c2a9ec5261465afc01e6c8e18f64.jpeg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Shakshuka, it's spicy and comforting and full of tomatoness. Coriander from my garden made it better. You have it with crunchy toast.

IMG_0264.thumb.jpeg.087dcc6b369cc3c75db9b513b26cac98.jpeg

Had a load of carrots, onions, and didn't want to leave that home so decided to cook a rice with them. Roasted the onions and the carrots in the oven with a few spices, got a few bit of garlic to caramelize inside the skins, rosemary from the garden and olive oil, then made a rice on top of that. Used some saffron that I bought in Morocco, too.

IMG_0267.thumb.jpeg.56d83393d701d68540df1c4ab7786caf.jpeg

IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.d9579de437babad0405399eb58e57119.jpeg

IMG_0273.thumb.jpeg.add9c2a9ec5261465afc01e6c8e18f64.jpeg

Political tomato post, ban him.

• Haha 5

Very nice, my son made something very similar to your Shakshuka for his dinner today from his cheap eats menu, not that it really deserves to be called a cheap eat but if you like good food and you’re a student the pennies matter. The only real difference is that recipe had crIspy sauté potatoes with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Lol, I just ordered kebabs for me and Paolo.  your salad looks pretty miserly :classic_unsure:

i only have a bit of cabbage ... just thinking of the waistline.... i want to top up my tan on the beach when i go on holiday , not get Harpooned

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

oh yes.

Chips, even frozen ones, some kind of meat, and cabbage, and you drink milk with that? 

What kind of weirdo does that? :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Chips, even frozen ones, some kind of meat, and cabbage, and you drink milk with that? 

What kind of weirdo does that? :classic_laugh:

i always have a glass of milk with my tea indoors

• Like 2
  • Sad 1