Pedro's food

Pedro

Just now, Tango said:

Homemade vegetable samosas to go with the homemade turkey and lentil curry! A bit rustic looking, but tasted good.

IMG_20221107_192727.thumb.jpg.68b0b5f5a7923047bf27d1780986dd92.jpg

What veg went in your samosas?

We've got Curry night on Friday. Really looking forward to it cos I've totally nailed the Murgh Makhani and King prawn korma over the last couple of weeks, the poppadoms have been a bit of a bitch but just the Begum Bahar left to master, can't wait to see their faces, or eat it, or drink too many Long Island ice tea's 😁💃🕺

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What veg went in your samosas?

We've got Curry night on Friday. Really looking forward to it cos I've totally nailed the Murgh Makhani and King prawn korma over the last couple of weeks, the poppadoms have been a bit of a bitch but just the Begum Bahar left to master, can't wait to see their faces, or eat it, or drink too many Long Island ice tea's 😁💃🕺

Just put finely diced potato, finely diced carrot, frozen peas and onion. Nice and simple. Not tried poppadoms, but we often make paratha or chapatis to go with it too! Also very simple to make. Not sure about the prawn korma, but the rest sounds really good. 😉😎

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You have a home made turkey? i'm scared to ask how but i'm curious :classic_laugh:

Yeah, it's easy. Just sling a bit of DNA into a pot and hey presto! 😂😂

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It was, she used a mix of spices I brought from Morocco. It was delicious!

I have to say I might have put this together,  but today @Pedro saved  the day in several ocasions! The spice mix is amazing and he also saved a chocolate icing I made a booboo with, hero of the kitchen yet again!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sofia said:

I have to say I might have put this together,  but today @Pedro saved  the day in several ocasions! The spice mix is amazing and he also saved a chocolate icing I made a booboo with, hero of the kitchen yet again!! 

You don’t know what he had to do to get that spice mix.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, zzzak said:

I see your pie and raise you with a cottage pie with meat in it.

A shepherds pie has lamb or hogget in it otherwise it's a vege pie.

20221218_182239.jpg

Nice!! Good looking pie!!

Yes, I don't appreciate meat products/dishes being appropriated by the veg worriers, find it quite annoying actually and totally agree with the French that banned names like "vegetarian sausage roll". Hence its "a combination of ... " , specifically the tagine+pie combo , because a tagine ' jamais' has mashed potato on top! 

semantics do matter, as you correctly point out.