Your off-road pictures

Pedro

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Apart from @Grasshopper's Ride I don't think there's anybody else under 50.

That explains it......??  I like hanging out with you old guys, you don't get your panties in a knot every time someone says something you don't like, and you're not afraid to speak your mind.....even if you are slightly off your rocker.....?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

That explains it......??  I like hanging out with you old guys, you don't get your panties in a knot every time someone says something you don't like, and you're not afraid to speak your mind.....even if you are slightly off your rocker.....?  

We're OldSchool Men Michelle.......no Millennial Pussies on our watch! 

And we're more than happy for younger ladies to hang out with us!

What you say @Tym?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

And we're more than happy for younger ladies to hang out with us!

What you say @Tym?

Hopefully their mothers are available and i get a date :littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Here's one of my favourites, taking a break on the Via del Sale in Italy.  Fred came on this trip, last time we saw him in Europe , must be the food

?

461781125_alps2011104.jpg.266491c0252750506730cb66fb48fef5.jpg

Unfortunately not the food Bob if it was i could get around that. Lack of cash and other commitments getting in the way of my life :classic_sad: I sold a bike to fund that trip and it was worth it ?

• Like 3

I think this is about 2014, Corfu hire bike. The bloke let me try a few different bikes around a little test track to see which I preferred, but given a choice I will always go for a Suzuki (No Excuse) DR350. No room for jacket and boots in the old suitcase so it was t-shirt and trainers and keep the arms tucked in when passing between brambles.

Riding through the twisty hill villages with a very loud pipe is weird, the old people all wave and smile as you pass them sitting outside. Over here they snarl and ring the council, not that I have loud pipes myself, the quieter the better for me on my own bikes.

5Corfu2013190.jpg

Corfu2013126.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

SIGNED, SEALED & DELIVERED..... Damn @alfalfa those are some awesome photos of some motorcycle epicness.....  ??. I would like to know the stories.....I'm sure there are a few.

Lots of stories!!! It starts with us discovering Colorado, especially the passes around Silverton, Ouray and Lake City.  Then it just goes nuts from there.

Throw in some Moab and White Rim Trail, and Colorado BDR riding.   A little Mojave Desert riding and you get most of those pics.   Look up March Moto Madness - Tellico Plains, and Ribfest - Centerville, TN and you will see the crazies that make me do these stupid things ?

Better yet, meet me halfway and we can play in the dirt and sit around the campfire telling tall tales.  I see from your own great pics you look like someone who wanders off the pitch?  (that's foreign word for asphalt.  Just for them whot dont speak amurican here)

Also, have to blame @JBEAN for starting this madness, too

• Like 1

Campfire stories, I'm there... I'll bring the beer, because Canadian beer is better..... ??  I love riding in the backcountry, if the road is a dirt road I'm a happy girl.  ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

When were you abroad last @yen_powell.......cos I remember you used to go to Morocco.

Morocco was once and many years ago, before two men on BMWs ruined it for everyone. Abroad now is a normal holiday and hire bikes if you can get them.

Last year was Rhodes and a Pegaso single cylinder bike. Just used it to explore and nip into the capital, I used to park it behind a lace stall run by a very old lady on the city walls, she was lovely, she would guide me into the space after the first day.

I was in Corfu again 2 years ago, hired the same bike you have Pete, one of those Suzuki 650 v-twin things. Hated it, I took it back because it was hard to ride on a steady throttle, very jerky, told the owner it needed the injectors balancing. He polished it and sprayed lube on the chain and gave it back with exactly the same problem. I just had to ensure I was always speeding up or slowing down. I stopped for a red light on one of their main roads which caught the truck behind out (they usually go through for a few seconds after). I heard a lot of tyre squealing as he slid sideways behind me. He did wave an apology and as I pulled away he was using forward and reverse to get himself pointing the right way again.

Before that it was Cyprus, the Tenere seen in the other picture on here somewhere. Also tried a quad. Did take both on unsurfaced roads, the Tenere was way safer.

Malta, no bike hired, it was very cold and wet, also hard to even park a bike there, lovely place, very crowded. I believe even the countryside is classed as a conurbation by population density.

Cyprus and the same Tenere before that, it was still new then.

Portugal, scooter only available, 125 I think. Under seat storage was useful for shopping, not a lot of go though. Parked it in the 'Rua Sir Cliff Richard' one day, which is, I kid you not, the street with the cemetery in it.

Lanzarote, BMW single. The only off road there is full of rocks spat out by a volcano, beautiful and moon like scenery. Can't go back as I had a parking ticket and left without paying it. If I go back they might hunt me down and do terrible spanish things to me.

Pics below are varied and of all dates, Essex green lanes on my DR (currently being put back together) and my Africa Twin, Isle of Wight, Peterborough speedway track, moped race (I'm in the red shirt white crash hat), Wiltshire, Lanzarote, Morocco, my contractors yard, Billingsgate Fish market (traffic light tree I put up). Also Cambrian rally  on a CRM250 lent to me a few minutes before by a dealer, what a guy. My bike had just failed scrutineering, wheel bearings had gone trail riding day before. I went to a bloke displaying bikes to try and get a bearing, he offered me a choice of bikes to borrow instead. Also Salisbury Plain, one picture looks like Little House on the Prairie to me, on my first DR kickstart....or rather didn't. Finally there is one on the Ridgeway on my Varadero on my way to a bike rally, the day before it closes for the winter. I believe that is supposed to be the oldest known road in Britain.

__hr_BuyingfossilsintheSahara.jpg

April07.jpg

BLUNTS3.jpg

croppeddoodah2.jpg

Dcp_4781.jpg

DSC02836.jpg

fourteenpark016.jpg

iceme2.jpg

Imgp0705.jpg

invalidatingmywarranty.jpg

Lanzarote2014-Sep099cr.jpg

P1040724sm-1.jpg

P1050443SM.jpg

P1090062.jpg

P1160558crsm.jpg

P1160563sm.jpg

P1180076.jpg

SPLASH-1.jpg

whoops.jpg

wilt1.jpg

wiltshireploppo.jpg

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

one of those Suzuki 650 v-twin things. Hated it, I took it back because it was hard to ride on a steady throttle, very jerky, told the owner it needed the injectors balancing

That's not normal Yen.......the 650 is absolutely smooth.

The original FI XT660's did have a throttling issue at low revs......mine was fixed under recall.

Think you got an unmaintained shed there!