I went on a ride to cheer up before the end of year

Pedro

and made a video:

At the end, while there is a bit of an @XTreme moment happening, Michael Jackson's "Dirty Diana" was actually playing in my Spotify in my helmet :classic_laugh:

I visited that convent twice in two weeks, once with great weather and no camera battery, and this time with camera filming but the weather like you see here. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I could have done the bike washing bit though! :classic_laugh:

I debated internally if I should, still wet streets before making it to Sofia's garage, and the bike was hardly properly clean. Still more presentable than the muddy mess it was before washing, though.

Went on a tour of Ericeira's cobbled streets and blue and white houses just for you but ran out of battery on the camera just exiting the washing station. I might invest in a more modern GoPro with stabilization and better batteries if I get into this.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I debated internally if I should, still wet streets before making it to Sofia's garage, and the bike was hardly properly clean. Still more presentable than the muddy mess it was before washing, though.

Went on a tour of Ericeira's cobbled streets and blue and white houses just for you but ran out of battery on the camera just exiting the washing station. I might invest in a more modern GoPro with stabilization and better batteries if I get into this.

Thinking about it, might just go for a little ride around town if the weather is good in the weekend, while the circulation is open in the mornings. Make an "urban" video, lol

29 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Where is Sofia......we haven't seen her for a while?

Looks like it was a nice ride, rain and all.  I am missing my bike very much, should be back in action next week. ?

Riding along beside the windmills looked really cool.

I could never get tired of that countryside.  Beautiful!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

Where is Sofia......we haven't seen her for a while?

She has been busy with the practice. Also the Speed Triple has taken a tumble and is currently out of circulation for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Do you think it’s too long to maintain interest?

The bitter bad news is getting people to watch vids is like pulling teeth...most of us dont seem to spare much time on the net when it comes to watching vids. 

On the flip side if a vid is watchable people will,  so there ya go, butt, in the end... 99.9 % of all your hard work will seem un rewarded.

For message board stuff a few minutes can be a long time, its a cruel world in the movie biz.

:wave:

• Like 1

Excellent. Good views and editing too. Camera on the crash bar was my favourite.
Shame about the rain, bet the views from the convent would have been great.
I did skip through a couple of mins but that was because the misses kept yapping.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

She has been busy with the practice. Also the Speed Triple has taken a tumble and is currently out of circulation for a while. 

Is she OK?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tym said:

99.9 % of all your hard work will seem un rewarded.

I’m not really looking for success, more a bit of fun and a pass time. 

But I agree, they are too long and boring with no speech included. I am not really into talking to a camera, nor having anything more complicated than a single camera, otherwise it’ll cut too much into the simplicity of a ride. So, I’ll cut them shorter. 

• Like 1

You can make them longer, if people watch, you can be a mini Spielberg for all i know, i met the guy in the 90's, he wasnt anything special.

Sure had a hot wife, and his kids were all pretty too, wierd what money gets you... :littleguy:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yes, she’s fine, bruised ego from having a broken wheel and lost confidence.

None of us are perfect riders, we all fuck up on a bike doing something that tests us, got to get back on that horse.

Im glad to hear she is ok. Sucks about the bike.

:wave:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

I’m not really looking for success, more a bit of fun and a pass time. 

But I agree, they are too long and boring with no speech included. I am not really into talking to a camera, nor having anything more complicated than a single camera, otherwise it’ll cut too much into the simplicity of a ride. So, I’ll cut them shorter. 

I'm the same, I edit for hours as I seem to enjoy it for a few reasons.  Will I ever be an Itchy Boots, no.... BUT if I could survive on my photography and videos I would do it in a heart beat.

Make the videos that make you happy and refinements will come. ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant Pedro.......but I sure as hell wouldn't have ridden in those conditions!

I could have done the bike washing bit though! :classic_laugh:

Its what's known as Rugged Individualism .

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I'm the same, I edit for hours as I seem to enjoy it for a few reasons.  Will I ever be an Itchy Boots, no.... BUT if I could survive on my photography and videos I would do it in a heart beat.

Make the videos that make you happy and refinements will come. ?

I like the idea behind that. But, don't think Itchy boots has anything over you in film making. I get annoyed with her after 5 seconds of speech, while your voice is a welcome addition to Youtube.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I like the idea behind that. But, don't think Itchy boots has anything over you in film making. I get annoyed with her after 5 seconds of speech, while your voice is a welcome addition to Youtube.

You have the sound on when watching  Itchy boots i new i was doing something wrong  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

Well done Pedro, that's a pretty good effort imo.  You could pehaps get off and talk to the camera when you're at the points of interest like the convent ?

The bonus was the nice view of your arse when you stood up on the pegs :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh: :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1