I went on a ride to cheer up before the end of year

Pedro

22 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

I missed this vid! Great effort and I love that sound track to it. I think you got the essence behind the ride to. Blowing cobwebs away rather than epic and I could empathise.

That ride absolutely changed my mood. I had planned on touring southern Portugal during Christmas and New Year, I had the free time, the money, the bike, no shortage of places to stay and the country was open and unrestricted. Instead, passed that whole season thinking tomorrow I'll go but just felt depressed and unable to go anywhere.

That ride lasted about 2 hours, got wet and cold from the waist down, got the bike filthy, but came back with a smile.

New plan is to do that same touring starting on February, might be cold but whatever. Assuming I'll muster the mood and the country is unrestricted again I'll go. Some dates just make me want to not be sitting around people, and the open road makes me feel clearer in the head once I actually go.

2 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

The GS is great for that sort of thing. When I had mine the ex wife and I used to take it out on  Sundy just to get out and away from it all. It just ate miles effortlessly.

No other bike I would prefer to be on, even if by myself, on country roads. The engine character just suits my temperament and the chassis allows me to cheat my way to being a better rider than I really am.