2024......according to Nostradamus

XTreme

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well at least you're on Welsh soil! 

That's double the misery .................................

baby-no.gif.b23a5275c5f5630e1ee6ac7955114eff.gif

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Buckster said:

The central tenet of Christianity is that Jesus is the way the truth and the life, there is no way to the Father except through him. So while your comment may be true of the false religions it is not true of Christianity. 

So, how does the Old Testament tie into this? My thoughts were that God sent messages to people of the earth via various means, as told in the Old Testament.  Rules, if you like, on how people should live their lives. When it appeared that these messages weren't getting through to the people,  then God sent his son to teach and reinforce those messages. So, for me, it's the messages that are the main thing? The teachings of Jesus, but not the man himself? 

You say about false religions, but what if it is one God? He reached some of humanity through Christianity, but there were other parts of humanity that he couldn't reach with that, so he sent other messengers to reach them? Again, these other religions formed around the person of the messenger rather than the actual message?

11 minutes ago, Tango said:

So, how does the Old Testament tie into this? My thoughts were that God sent messages to people of the earth via various means, as told in the Old Testament.  Rules, if you like, on how people should live their lives. When it appeared that these messages weren't getting through to the people,  then God sent his son to teach and reinforce those messages. So, for me, it's the messages that are the main thing? The teachings of Jesus, but not the man himself? 

You say about false religions, but what if it is one God? He reached some of humanity through Christianity, but there were other parts of humanity that he couldn't reach with that, so he sent other messengers to reach them? Again, these other religions formed around the person of the messenger rather than the actual message?

In the Old Testament there are two sets of laws, the Mosaic law which is the basic set of moral laws then the Levitical or ceremonial laws which were the laws that men demanded. The scripture makes it clear that men cannot possibly keep the Levitical laws and struggle to consistently keep the moral law. God sent Jesus to fulfill the law not reinforce it and to pay the price of man’s failure to satisfy the law so that man may not be damned but by sincere faith in the Christ may find salvation from Gods wrath through the vicarious sacrifice of Christ. That is the entire bible in a nutshell. 

We find Christ in all the Scriptures. In the Old Testament He is predicted, in the Gospels He is revealed, in Acts He is preached, in the epistles He is explained, and in Revelation He is expected.

Alistair Begg

8 minutes ago, Buckster said:

In the Old Testament there are two sets of laws, the Mosaic law which is the basic set of moral laws then the Levitical or ceremonial laws which were the laws that men demanded. The scripture makes it clear that men cannot possibly keep the Levitical laws and struggle to consistently keep the moral law. God sent Jesus to fulfill the law not reinforce it and to pay the price of man’s failure to satisfy the law so that man may not be damned but by sincere faith in the Christ may find salvation from Gods wrath through the vicarious sacrifice of Christ. That is the entire bible in a nutshell. 

tired d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

tired d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

The bottom line is, if I’m wrong, then nothing.

If you are wrong you get eternal damnation, wether you believe in hell or not is irrelevant.

IMG_1027.jpeg.a277890fce970ce13fdd7abb29e6def1.jpeg

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Buckster said:

If you are wrong you get eternal damnation, wether you believe in hell or not is irrelevant.

Sounds like a pretty good stag do if Al Murray is anything to go by

13 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Politics and religion🤔 there was something about these subjects that i cant quite remember perhaps one of the admin can help me out here 

He's the one who started it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Politics and religion🤔 there was something about these subjects that i cant quite remember perhaps one of the admin can help me out here 

Funnily enough, they are not taboo subjects in France. People can have a right good discussion on either subject, agree to disagree and then break open a bottle of wine and have a drink together with no hard feelings mostly.

I think that a lot of the problems in the UK now are down to people who "don't do politics"! Also too many people don't "do" critical thinking. Their opinions are spoon-fed to them from whichever media channels they frequent. Maybe things would improve if there were no taboo subjects?

When I started my apprenticeship one of the first things our trainer said to us was that politics, religion and football were out of bounds subjects in the training school!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

Funnily enough, they are not taboo subjects in France. People can have a right good discussion on either subject, agree to disagree and then break open a bottle of wine and have a drink together with no hard feelings mostly.

I think that a lot of the problems in the UK now are down to people who "don't do politics"! Also too many people don't "do" critical thinking. Their opinions are spoon-fed to them from whichever media channels they frequent. Maybe things would improve if there were no taboo subjects?

When I started my apprenticeship one of the first things our trainer said to us was that politics, religion and football were out of bounds subjects in the training school!

i wouldn't say they are taboo subjects here in the UK but if allowed to be discussed on the forum the subjects would soon dominate the place and it being the internet would turn ugly pretty quick, my thing is its a bike forum there's plenty of places that politics and religion can be discussed away from here and is one of the few rules that are on here.

I've never had a problem discussing the subject person to person unless the Irish are involved. i remember an Irish woman going absolutely bonkers in the local pub to me many years ago she ended up punching fuck out of some guy as he tried to get away from her and when he got in his car she smashed his windscreen with a rock as he drove off. and the question that sent her into this rage was are you protestant or catholic she replied with what the fuck has it got to do with you and then went batshit crazy. LOL

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

but if allowed to be discussed on the forum the subjects would soon dominate the place and it being the internet would turn ugly pretty quick, my thing is its a bike forum there's plenty of places that politics and religion can be discussed away from here and is one of the few rules that are on here.

What Fred said!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

i wouldn't say they are taboo subjects here in the UK but if allowed to be discussed on the forum the subjects would soon dominate the place and it being the internet would turn ugly pretty quick, my thing is its a bike forum there's plenty of places that politics and religion can be discussed away from here and is one of the few rules that are on here.

I've never had a problem discussing the subject person to person unless the Irish are involved. i remember an Irish woman going absolutely bonkers in the local pub to me many years ago she ended up punching fuck out of some guy as he tried to get away from her and when he got in his car she smashed his windscreen with a rock as he drove off. and the question that sent her into this rage was are you protestant or catholic she replied with what the fuck has it got to do with you and then went batshit crazy. LOL

I agree that it's a bike forum and these subjects can get out of hand very quickly.  However,  do you also ban subjects like Climate change, EV's, wars, personal identity, etc, which all also elicit strong polarised reactions? 

Sorry, I'm just playing devil's advocate here. 😉

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tango said:

I agree that it's a bike forum and these subjects can get out of hand very quickly.  However,  do you also ban subjects like Climate change, EV's, wars, personal identity, etc, which all also elicit strong polarised reactions? 

I think If a subject turns up and is not what the forum is based on which becomes the dominant subject or where things get ugly then yes, with politics and religion you can see it's been a topic that causes problems since the internet began so its an easy one to ban. Some of the things as you mention are relatively new so we are still able to have a decent discussion with some piss taking without someone threating to turn up at your door and kill your family. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tango said:

With personal identity if we ended up with they/them's on here and they started pushing their agenda i would just leave the forum as i just wouldn't be able to hold myself back :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tango said:

You saw what can happen when a forum gets overrun by a certain political faction Bob.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

My German (a Pastor) pal tries to get me into a discussion about religion.......he has failed miserably so far. 😂 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

With personal identity if we ended up with they/them's on here and they started pushing their agenda i would just leave the forum as i just wouldn't be able to hold myself back :classic_laugh:

And vegans? 😉😂😂

• Haha 3

Just now, Tango said:

And vegans? 😉😂😂

I think i said before when i first got the Africa Twin i joined the Facebook group for them and noticed there was a guy on there that lived over the hill from me, after checking out his profile which was full of vegan shit like meat is murder i said to myself Fred, you and him will never be friends LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think i said before when i first got the Africa Twin i joined the Facebook group for them and noticed there was a guy on there that lived over the hill from me, after checking out his profile which was full of vegan shit like meat is murder i said to myself Fred, you and him will never be friends LOL

My (occasional) riding buddy is a Vegan, his surname is Egan 😂, but he does not push his Vegan agenda on other people, I remember on a Germany trip he was eating something that looked like the green snot 😂 

Thing is though, he is painfully thin,  always has a cold, and has joint pain, hands are the worst, so much for the healthy Vegan lifestyle. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Buckster said:

thats a stupid comparison , jail is real, not just in someones head

54 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You saw what can happen when a forum gets overrun by a certain political faction Bob.

spacer.png

thats a street in Wales