(Not so) Secret Santa .............

boboneleg

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I rode in two Dacia taxis in Morocco, 1.5 diesels with huge milleage, they were holding on ok.

Mine has just under 80,000 miles on the dials.....1 sill has a rust hole in it (but passed the MOT) but the remainder of the bodywork is in good order, drivers seat is worse for wear, but I think it has another 5 years in it...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clive said:

I'm the 2nd owner of my Dacia.........it is not much to brag about though......Dacia are held in the same esteem as rear engined Skodas. 😂 

I think you'll find people know them as a cheap Renault. Running gear is all tried and tested on the oldies, it's the newer models having probs. So stop knocking it into things.:classic_laugh:

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There is if you know where to look this might be the trouble with your TV viewing you need to turn the subtitles on  :littleguy:
Click what I've circled in red

Untitled.png.29f1b1ade42b654d69f87a32491940d0.png

If I had looked for the vid on YouTube then I could have turned on the subtitles...could not be arsed to search for it lol.

Subtitles are turned on our TVall the time, but many programmes do not have subtitles.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

I think you'll find people know them as a cheap Renault. Running gear is all tried and tested on the oldies, it's the newer models having probs. So stop knocking it into things.:classic_laugh:

Oh I know its only a old Clio underneath the skin.........its fine for my motoring needs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

If I had looked for the vid on YouTube then I could have turned on the subtitles...could not be arsed to search for it lol.

Subtitles are turned on our TVall the time, but many programmes do not have subtitles.....

you can turn em on on vid i posted , i just tried it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I didn't have to look on YouTube for the vid i just clicked on the link, as for the TV i find that odd because the wife always has the subtitles turned on and i'm forever getting annoyed turning them off because i cant read fast enough LOL they seem to be on everything 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There is if you know where to look this might be the trouble with your TV viewing you need to turn the subtitles on  :littleguy:
Click what I've circled in red

Untitled.png.29f1b1ade42b654d69f87a32491940d0.png

Well bugg.........whoah stop there!..................... never tried that,  and I will be dammed it works! 👍 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I have had a couple of problems with it......one time is would not accelerate from mid revs, fine pulling from a standstill.......2 sensors replaced and a £350 bill and it was fine......indicator/light stalks aren't very robust, £150 from Dacia....£15 from Flea Bay....guess which I bought 😂 Air con has packed up..had it regassed , but it still don't work......it eats front tyres....had it tracked, but still rips the outside edge off the tyres....as said, seats are not very hard wearing, almost through on my seat...but its great on fuel, and it hardly uses any oil from one service to the next.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Where is our friendly nutter from Canada, you know the one with the Viking genes.  I think he deserves boatloads of this from Santa ..................

strawberry-ice-cream-10-0b3e120e7d6f4df1be3c57c17699eb2c.thumb.jpg.173d3a15bc0f763ebfa4e4c008d102b5.jpg

Maybe he is busy with a early delivery. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Where is our friendly nutter from Canada, you know the one with the Viking genes.  I think he deserves boatloads of this from Santa ..................

strawberry-ice-cream-10-0b3e120e7d6f4df1be3c57c17699eb2c.thumb.jpg.173d3a15bc0f763ebfa4e4c008d102b5.jpg

He is in Billy Bob's love shack.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Clive said:

I have had a couple of problems with it......one time is would not accelerate from mid revs, fine pulling from a standstill.......2 sensors replaced and a £350 bill and it was fine......indicator/light stalks aren't very robust, £150 from Dacia....£15 from Flea Bay....guess which I bought 😂 Air con has packed up..had it regassed , but it still don't work......it eats front tyres....had it tracked, but still rips the outside edge off the tyres....as said, seats are not very hard wearing, almost through on my seat...but its great on fuel, and it hardly uses any oil from one service to the next.

I didn't say Renaults were faultless.:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

The Dacia is much better than the Renault Magane I had, that thing was a nightmare, every other week, another problem, only had it around 8 months, then gave up on it, it was on the road for another year, then it disappeared from the DVLA records, scrapped no doubt. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That's nice , old skool cool on a modern platform  👍

From what I read it's a India only model, but yeh I like it. 👍