End of the CB500X!

XTreme

44 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Why ??  the Honda NX range of bikes were always single cylinder in the past :classic_wacko:

I think they want to distance the X from the CB budget range and hike the prices up.

It's only 100 quid more at the moment apparently, but when you bear in mind that the Strom has now been discounted down into that ballpark the NX is not going to be an easy sell.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Maybe heading to be more of a smaller Transalp than a trail CB? 

That's the direction it's heading.....cos the original in 2013 was a road bike with 17" wheels.

spacer.png

In 2019 they came with 19"  wheels and the styling changed to more of an AT look!

Then from 2021 onwards they came with double disc and USD forks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I think they want to distance the X from the CB budget range and hike the prices up.

It's only 100 quid more at the moment apparently, but when you bear in mind that the Strom has now been discounted down into that ballpark the NX is not going to be an easy sell.

The salesman at Damerells told me a similar story about the CB500 Hornet due out as well.  He reckoned it was a facelift and more tech stuff but basically the same bike.     The 650 Strom is a real bargain at the moment.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

I have seen them between 6600 and and 6999 for new in stock ones.  

To put that into perspective I paid £5400 otr back in early 2005 for a new one!

FILE416.JPG.d7e397847ab7e689a138ee94c88ad343.JPG

• Like 2

Sure is a helluvalot of bike for £7000.  I seriously thought about one, makes a lot of sense to buy and keep.  It was just to heavy and tall for my stumpy legs.  🤪  Plus I wanted a Hornet.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Sure is a helluvalot of bike for £7000.  I seriously thought about one, makes a lot of sense to buy and keep.  It was just to heavy and tall for my stumpy legs.  🤪  Plus I wanted a Hornet.  

That's the only drawback with the Strom......the weight! And it's very top heavy!

• Like 2

At the risk of sounding like you Pete it's a heavy lump for a 500 no matter how well it carries it this is what they say about the weight 
The already lightweight package now weighs in a total of 3kg less than before, at a total of 196kg.

Who or what the hell are they comparing it to to think its already a lightweight package, in my head a 500cc bike should be a lot lighter than that with modern technology and materials

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

At the risk of sounding like you Pete it's a heavy lump for a 500 no matter haw well it carries it this is what they say about the weight 
The already lightweight package now weighs in a total of 3kg less than before, at a total of 196kg.

Who or what the hell are they comparing it to to think its already a lightweight package, in my head a 500cc bike should be a lot lighter than that with modern technology and materials

Crikey, my TDM has a dry weight of 190kg.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

At the risk of sounding like you Pete it's a heavy lump for a 500 no matter haw well it carries it this is what they say about the weight 

You think back to the early days on MB and I never mentioned weight......because it wasn't a consideration in my early 50's. Never even thought about it.

But fast forward to today and I'm now nudging 70......things are different. I've aged, and there's no way to turn the clock back. You'll notice this more as the years go on!

Some of these old, shorter guys on things like GS's don't seem to want to accept the reality of getting older and having to adjust our expectations accordingly.

Too busy putting on a show of being serious motorcyclists I imagine! They don't look too serious to me as they waddle around trying to manoeuvre those heavy bikes at walking pace.

I just get on mine and turn it on a sixpence......cos I'm not into making my life difficult just to make a fashion statement.

• Like 3

That's what I like about my busa yes it's 265kg but it's nice and low slung, it doesn't feel its a ¼ of a ton

And the road holding is very good and predictable especially with the PR6GT front tyre, it grips the road in the wet as if in the dry

• Like 4

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

That's what I like about my busa yes it's 265kg but it's nice and low slung, it doesn't feel its a ¼ of a ton

And the road holding is very good and predictable especially with the PR6GT front tyre, it grips the road in the wet as if in the dry

Yes and that has an engine to haul it's ass around and needs to be built that way, i just don't get why a small engine bike is so heavy when it's clear they can be made lighter 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes and that has an engine to haul it's ass around and needs to be built that way, i just don't get why a small engine bike is so heavy when it's clear they can be made lighter 

Honda sells good value bikes, that's why. Considering the price of building raw materials today, they're selling more metal for the money.

The Boss Sport GIF by UFC

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

They're a lot more competitive on pricing now......cos Hondas always sold at a premium price!

Not compared to Yamaha (at least in the UK), they're more competitive now but it the past they've priced themsleves out of the market here.  The WR250R is a perfect example of that and there are others.