Last Weekend in October!

XTreme

Weather looks decent enough......

Screenshot2023-10-27165108.jpg.1ff34c00d4db9374960c3725abb2c927.jpg

.....I gotta get out as the bike hasn't been used for 3 weeks. Normal for most of you of course.....but not for me!

And I need to get a BOTM winning pic for @Pedro as well.

So what are you fucking morons doing?

• Like 1

Woke up to a good dusting of the white stuff this morning....gone now, but the temps are dropping into the 20'sF the next few nights🥶

Fall/Autumn....ya blink, ya miss it!

• Like 4

Rain storms here. Just home from dinner withe friends that I’ve known for years but are now living in Germany. 

won’t be on the bike on the weekend or the coming week, it’s nice and cozy in the garage and I’m not happy to go out in a monsoon.

3 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Made it to call the jacket river gorge ...2 km on a dirt road ...who said you can't go off road with a cruiser.?...she's a mess..mud splater everywheres....me and my buddy John.

20231028_142937.jpg

20231028_135944.jpg

20231028_140055.jpg

20231028_140058.jpg

Great stuff Marcel!

7 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Made it to call the jacket river gorge ...2 km on a dirt road ...who said you can't go off road with a cruiser.?...she's a mess..mud splater everywheres....me and my buddy John.

20231028_142937.jpg

20231028_135944.jpg

20231028_140055.jpg

20231028_140058.jpg

Great scenery. What’s the elevation there?

9 minutes ago, Marcel said:

20231028_142937.jpg

20231028_135944.jpg

20231028_140055.jpg

20231028_140058.jpg

top man @Marcel

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Great stuff Marcel!

You would have wipe out for sure...lol..we had quick rain shower pass by and some section had kinda clay mud ...lost the front twice but managed to keep it up right...I won't be doing this again...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did manage to get out for a couple of hundred km this afternoon, I rode the back roads up north as far as Nanteau sur Lunain ( long story...)  had a coffee in the local boulangerie / café and a chat with the owner and then took the route nationale home. Weather was shit, windy with rain showers. I got the first rain shower about an hour into the ride and though my gear is water proof the temps dropped with the arrival of the rain so I pulled over at a bus shelter to add the thermal liner to my jacket. Heated grips and new winter gloves bought in Dijon last week, made the rest of the day positively bearable.

Great wee bus stop, complete with free library! DSC06678.thumb.JPG.41620254ef67dee56de25a73d0a6b7b5.JPG

DSC06680.thumb.JPG.48e803752257f0c4d81d1815308cc6f5.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MooN said:

I did manage to get out for a couple of hundred km this afternoon, I rode the back roads up north as far as Nanteau sur Lunain ( long story...)  had a coffee in the local boulangerie / café and a chat with the owner and then took the route nationale home. Weather was shit, windy with rain showers. I got the first rain shower about an hour into the ride and though my gear is water proof the temps dropped with the arrival of the rain so I pulled over at a bus shelter to add the thermal liner to my jacket. Heated grips and new winter gloves bought in Dijon last week, made the rest of the day positively bearable.

Great wee bus stop, complete with free library! DSC06678.thumb.JPG.41620254ef67dee56de25a73d0a6b7b5.JPG

DSC06680.thumb.JPG.48e803752257f0c4d81d1815308cc6f5.JPG

I've slept in a couple of those Chris :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Well that's the bike taxed and insured...

£116 for the tax Vine Wtf GIF

£256 for the insurance which is over a thousand quid cheaper than bemoto wanted for my renewal, it really boggles the mind how they can quote the renewal so much yet without even really shopping around I get a quote like this, and that was with legal aid and helmet and leathers cover which I didn't have on the old policy. 

Win win for me now I'll be using the bike to go to work for the foreseeable as the jag is out of mot ad it needs both intake manifolds replaced which is a pig of a job

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Well that's the bike taxed and insured...

£116 for the tax Vine Wtf GIF

£256 for the insurance which is over a thousand quid cheaper than bemoto wanted for my renewal, it really boggles the mind how they can quote the renewal so much yet without even really shopping around I get a quote like this, and that was with legal aid and helmet and leathers cover which I didn't have on the old policy. 

Win win for me now I'll be using the bike to go to work for the foreseeable as the jag is out of mot ad it needs both intake manifolds replaced which is a pig of a job

How far do you live from work Rich? Will riding the bike there make for a more fun day or just a chore in winter?

Just now, Pedro said:

How far do you live from work Rich? Will riding the bike there make for a more fun day or just a chore in winter?

I live 5.3 miles from the yard so not exactly a very fun commute. 

The only fun will be waking up the whole neighbourhood with it

• Like 1
  • Haha 3