Third weekend in August

boboneleg

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Me and @Sofia, catching a boat to Plymouth, then riding north with her leading the way through (I hope) pretty roads, then catching another boat in Liverpool (?) to the Isle of Man, and two or three days coming back South.

Where are you catching the boat from Pedro? 

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Me and @Sofia, catching a boat to Plymouth, then riding north with her leading the way through (I hope) pretty roads, then catching another boat in Liverpool (?) to the Isle of Man, and two or three days coming back South.

Tell Sofia I will by myself some new pants .

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

When your here try and find a good chippy and have a cod and chips it's hard to find a good chippy though also try some cooked bacon you'll never look back :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When your here try and find a good chippy and have a cod and chips it's hard to find a good chippy though also try some cooked bacon you'll never look back :classic_laugh:

Salt and Malt at Chew Vally Lake. Thats the place for fish n chips on a nice day. 

• Like 2

I may remember this day for a long time .  I cancelled my camping this morning as the forecast looked dodgy and decided just to do the trail ride to the campsite instead. 

On the ouskirts of Bath I decicded to ride up a lane that I haven't done for a long time.  There have been travellers parked up in the bottom of this lane their vans/caravans/horse boxes and whatever else they can find to live in for over 20 years , it was a bit of a squeeze to get through their vehicles but I got through and headed uphill from their camp.  It was totally overgrown, obviously due to their presence nobody had been up or down the lane for a long time................

IMG_5684.thumb.jpeg.1a9db5fbeb1810269a2b4476398a035f.jpeg

This is an easy bit, it got worse and worse until I was just trying to bulldoze my way throught it.  And then it happened, a low branch caught my right foot and I was off............

IMG_5685.thumb.jpeg.a607214ccad1135e604be0914db3d9b7.jpeg

Once I'd got the bike off my leg I set about lifting it up , on the first attempt I felt some resistance when it was half way up so I shoved it and felt my right bicep pop.  On the next go I felt my back go 😲

I had a closer look and the branch that had me off was wrapped around the handlebars preventing it from coming upright.  After about four more goes I suceeded but my arm and back felt very sore .  Here is the offending branch after I'd torn it up a bit...........

IMG_5686.thumb.jpeg.4c42cb57f9914dfe8e9ba32335e1c492.jpeg

I knew that this day might come where i'd struggle to get this bike upright and today was the day.  I need to look at my situation now as I can't risk the same happening again  .  The bike will probably be for sale now and I'll think on about whether I trail ride anymore .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The cod and chips I will surely get more than once. Tried it before and am a fan!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

The bike will probably be for sale now and I'll think on about whether I trail ride anymore .

Alone might the factor to avoid in the future? Or adjust the level of thing you’re willing to try and get yourself through.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I may remember this day for a long time .  I cancelled my camping this morning as the forecast looked dodgy and decided just to do the trail ride to the campsite instead. 

On the ouskirts of Bath I decicded to ride up a lane that I haven't done for a long time.  There have been travellers parked up in the bottom of this lane their vans/caravans/horse boxes and whatever else they can find to live in for over 20 years , it was a bit of a squeeze to get through their vehicles but I got through and headed uphill from their camp.  It was totally overgrown, obviously due to their presence nobody had been up or down the lane for a long time................

This is an easy bit, it got worse and worse until I was just trying to bulldoze my way throught it.  And then it happened, a low branch caught my right foot and I was off............

Once I'd got the bike off my leg I set about lifting it up , on the first attempt I felt some resistance when it was half way up so I shoved it and felt my right bicep pop.  On the next go I felt my back go 😲

I had a closer look and the branch that had me off was wrapped around the handlebars preventing it from coming upright.  After about four more goes I suceeded but my arm and back felt very sore .  Here is the offending branch after I'd torn it up a bit...........

I knew that this day might come where i'd struggle to get this bike upright and today was the day.  I need to look at my situation now as I can't risk the same happening again  .  The bike will probably be for sale now and I'll think on about whether I trail ride anymore .

Shit......that's bad news Bob!

The thing is at our age we've got to be so careful now........cos it's going to be difficult to come back from injuries.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That sucks. 
Let things settle before making any drastic decisions. Something you feared might happen happened, that sort of thing takes a while to unpack and I really can’t help but feel it was more the branch holding the bike down that did you a wrongun rather than you not being able to lift the bike.

But whatever makes you comfortable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Shit......that's bad news Bob!

The thing is at our age we've got to be so careful now........cos it's going to be difficult to come back from injuries.

Yep, i feel like shit at the moment but I'm sure it will pass 👍

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Santander going up, Bilbao coming back.

What caused the two different ports?
One takes a day longer to get to than the other, generally a good ten hours extra on the ferry to Bilbao 😱

ps get some sturgeron (cinnarizine) or the like and remember to take them just before you board, the bay of biscay is renowned for its choppy waters, (one of the roughest bays in the world) although September isn’t gale time, that’s usually October to March.

47 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yep, i feel like shit at the moment but I'm sure it will pass 👍

What Pedro said , if there was a pal with you no problem . 

your lucky one off he gypsies didn’t find you ,  bite your nose off and bum you … every cloud 

• Haha 3

Well rugby game over, we won but it was a very close fought game only 1 try in it, I played at hooker 

Vomit Eww GIF by The Bachelor Australia

Fucking hate that position but a win is a win and now I can hang up my boots on a high.

Now to recover and take her and the little one to the pub for grub.

Tomorrow we have a christening to go to 

• Like 4

Much as I want to take the piss out of Pete looking old I think it’s far more that you look younger. I wudda easily believed 55.

And I’m usually pretty good at guessing ages cos I had to check the date of birth of thousands of feckers over the years, only occasionally was I surprised. 

• Like 2