Your favourite drink

Pedro

If it's cold or average, I enjoy a nice red wine, something nice from the Douro or a nice Syrah from southern Portugal if I can.

If it's warm or summery mood, a nice crisp dry white wine, something that allows you to eat olives or cheese and doesn't mess with them flavors, and goes along with dinner and after dinner as well. Nothing like a nice white wine, but then again there is nothing like a nice white wine hangover either.

As a spirit, a nice flavorful añejo rum with ice (and a quarter slice of pineapple, thank you, I don't care what you think)

Or, if I'm already drunk and it's a warm night in the Algarve with good company, I'll start drinking Mojitos or Elixir de Cuba Legendarios like it's nobody's business. It'll end in disgrace and oversleeping, but then again it's summertime and nothing a liter of water for breakfast won't cure.

What's your drink of choice?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Renegade said:

My drink of choice is a cup of coffee, havn't drunk anything alcoholic for 7 years.

and you haven’t bought anything alcoholic for a lot longer than that

• Haha 1

I had four bottles of Theakstons Old Peculier last night, first time I've drunk it for 35 years.

snapshotimagehandler_1255109304.jpeg.f63602d11b0bce9dbc853957bd14357f.jpeg

But more than often I drink cider.

I only drink at home nowadays and only on a saturday evening, I can't remember the last time I went to a pub just for a drink .

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I like to start the day with a coffee, enjoy a glass of dry red with dinner and then perhaps a spot of cognac in the evening. 

I like your taste, replace a glass of red with two or five, and cognac (I can't savour something that strong) with fragrant rum  ?

• Like 1

beer 

wine with food ( Burgundy of course, maconnais preferably) 

pastis for aperitifs

Get 31 for a digestive...

but not often any of it really.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

I like your taste, replace a glass of red with two or five, and cognac (I can't savour something that strong) with fragrant rum  ?

Cheers! ?

This evening we have been mostly drinking a Macon Villages 2016. A little sharp for my liking but quite quaffable310F8F55-0914-41D2-8F9C-388D2652E5D8.thumb.jpeg.9c68259790a2b1c9491492104b80bd33.jpeg

sorry, should have edited that photo smaller and better framed but couldn't be arsed... I snapped it whilst the kids were doing the washing up, hence the disorder in the kitchen...