Grasshopper

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Best cockpit photo we've had! :littleguy:

Did I ever mention that I love those clocks? :classic_unsure:

I think I've posted a picture or two of that bridge before, maybe with the 1150 or XR, maybe not on this thread though. It is completely my favourite bridge, quite small but it's close to home and I ride through it to get over the Tejo River when going out on a big ride to the Alentejo via back roads.

It was inaugurated in 1904 for railway use, back then at 840m it was considered the longest in the Iberian Peninsula for train use. In 1996 a new bridge (the ugly concrete one on the right) was built next to it, and it was then converted for road use in 2001.

Funny, construction first started in 1901, the work converting it to road use was in 2001, a full century later. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Tango said:

Nice shot.

Is the castle at Cinta anywhere near you, @Pedro?

That was in Serra de Montejunto. Sintra should be about 70km south on the shore you see in the distance on that picture.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

That was in Serra de Montejunto. Sintra should be about 70km south on the shore you see in the distance on that picture.

I did some work one time in Portugal for a service agent in Lisbon, but there was an air traffic controller strike on the weekend that I was due to fly home, so the agent asked where I wanted to stay over the weekend. I had a holiday in Cascais many years before, so I asked to be booked in an hotel there for the weekend. On the Sunday the engineer that I'd been working with came over and took me to the castle at Sintra to look around. I really enjoyed it.

Funnily, it was that engineer that got me hooked on olives! He took me to the airport on the Monday and presented me with a carrier bag full of jars of olives. I didn't like olives (or so I thought), but I couldn't refuse such a generous gift from this nice man, so I brought them home. When I got home I showed them to my then wife and she said "I didn't think you liked olives?" "I don't ". But I opened a jar and tried one..........I now eat olives regularly and love them!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tango said:

I did some work one time in Portugal for a service agent in Lisbon, but there was an air traffic controller strike on the weekend that I was due to fly home, so the agent asked where I wanted to stay over the weekend. I had a holiday in Cascais many years before, so I asked to be booked in an hotel there for the weekend. On the Sunday the engineer that I'd been working with came over and took me to the castle at Sintra to look around. I really enjoyed it.

Funnily, it was that engineer that got me hooked on olives! He took me to the airport on the Monday and presented me with a carrier bag full of jars of olives. I didn't like olives (or so I thought), but I couldn't refuse such a generous gift from this nice man, so I brought them home. When I got home I showed them to my then wife and she said "I didn't think you liked olives?" "I don't ". But I opened a jar and tried one..........I now eat olives regularly and love them!

Olives have to be good quality, but the cure process and the seasonings make all the difference, and once you taste nice ones with good seasoning, some herbs, some roasted garlic, there are few snacks better to go with a drink before a meal!

Riding around my home, in a place called Paradise Valley, it wasn’t a shithole but I wouldn’t call it paradise either :classic_laugh:

4B61CABE-397D-4637-8E77-13A42EC63AFF.thumb.jpeg.f70a5fde0764b7cc8e33b9122cecb1ba.jpeg

5FE7F6F1-CCAA-4E7F-A2BA-2E0E40B80600.thumb.jpeg.b28437ee959b6b31a9bb93358d5805cb.jpeg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Olives have to be good quality, but the cure process and the seasonings make all the difference, and once you taste nice ones with good seasoning, some herbs, some roasted garlic, there are few snacks better to go with a drink before a meal!

Riding around my home, in a place called Paradise Valley, it wasn’t a shithole but I wouldn’t call it paradise either :classic_laugh:

4B61CABE-397D-4637-8E77-13A42EC63AFF.thumb.jpeg.f70a5fde0764b7cc8e33b9122cecb1ba.jpeg

5FE7F6F1-CCAA-4E7F-A2BA-2E0E40B80600.thumb.jpeg.b28437ee959b6b31a9bb93358d5805cb.jpeg

Why no screen?

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Why no screen?

I take the screen off when I wash the bike at home, it's only two screws. It´s easier to wash the little flap under it and behind the clocks, and also easier to clean the screen since it's quite dirty on both sides. When I ride the bike dry I haven't washed the screen yet, and I don't bother with it. I also take the rear seat off after washing and on that ride, for warm air to flow easier and dry stuff.

I quite enjoy the difference of having no screen on low speeds, even though it weighs virtually nothing and is quite smaller than the stock screen, the whole bike feels smaller and more agile than with it on, it's way easier to do full lock turns and stuff like that and I enjoy that elusion.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Does this count as a photo from the cockpit you can see it i was just further back 😅

IMG_2549.thumb.JPG.ae884ff75f709b3c1583fab48a49c186.JPG

What phone mount are you using and would you recommend it?

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

What phone mount are you using and would you recommend it?

Mines the one in front and its just a cheep cover from e bay they seem to stand the punishing i give them most of the time, I have broken a few but mainly when pushing the bike up a rock or out of mud and my body has crushed it

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes i was over there on Monday the Beta made them a lot easier especially the old roman road up from Mamhilad 

Ace, I don't think I've ridden the roman road for over 15 years.  It's not the sort of lane you stop to take photos though :classic_laugh:

16 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes i was over there on Monday the Beta made them a lot easier especially the old roman road up from Mamhilad 

I don't remember seeing that ride report!

hd remake GIF

• Haha 3