Key or no key ?

boboneleg

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

We now have two cars with no ignition key.  One has absolutely no key at all,  just a push button start and the other you can use the key in an emergency.  I hate it as I'm constantly worried about losing the key(s), with a keyed ignition it's almost impossible to lose it while your in the car as it's obvious where you have to put it.

This is not an advancement imo it's a pain in the arse, what say you ?

i agree, had a suzuki sx4 few months back, you just had to have the key on you to get in it and start it... lost the fucker, sent the spare off for repair cause it wasn't working properly , then couple of weeks after that found the one i,d lost .

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Clive said:

I had a Renault Magane (😔)a few years ago, that had the credit card thing that was pushed in the dash slot.......it worked quite well,  until I sat down with it in my back pocket...........and snapped it almost in half. 😂 

The rest of the car was a disaster.......if that car was a horse I would have shot it. 😡 

Remind me not to buy any cars that you've bought @Clive

sad-monkey.gif.58ab99d4354628aba705383e3843dc88.gif

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Remind me not to buy any cars that you've bought @Clive

sad-monkey.gif.58ab99d4354628aba705383e3843dc88.gif

The Megane went straight to the scrappers when I had finished with it, what could go wrong with it did.

Dacia been OK so far, but you don't have high expectations of a car that so cheap in the 1st place.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

The Megane went straight to the scrappers when I had finished with it, what could go wrong with it did.

I once drove a Megane Scenic with 5 adults inside from Galicia to home. Worse car I ever drove, on the motorway it would rock from side to side as well as front to back at a steady 120kmh, felt like a small fishing boat on high seas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

We now have two cars with no ignition key.  One has absolutely no key at all,  just a push button start and the other you can use the key in an emergency.  I hate it as I'm constantly worried about losing the key(s), with a keyed ignition it's almost impossible to lose it while your in the car as it's obvious where you have to put it.

This is not an advancement imo it's a pain in the arse, what say you ?

I'd be fitting it with a big hotel type key tag so it's hard to drop without hearing a loud clatter. Then I'd rig up a hook or carabiner near where a key would go in a proper car and hang it on that when driving so I get used to removing it and putting it in my preferred pocket when leaving the car.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pedro said:

I once drove a Megane Scenic with 5 adults inside from Galicia to home. Worse car I ever drove, on the motorway it would rock from side to side as well as front to back at a steady 120kmh, felt like a small fishing boat on high seas.

I vowed never to have another Renault.......but what is the Dacia?.........a Renault. 😔 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, yen_powell said:

I'd be fitting it with a big hotel type key tag so it's hard to drop without hearing a loud clatter. Then I'd rig up a hook or carabiner near where a key would go in a proper car and hang it on that when driving so I get used to removing it and putting it in my preferred pocket when leaving the car.

Mine does have a key along with a fob, but the key only opens a cubby hole to gain access to the emergency seat opening cable.....if the battery goes totally flat I cannot unlock the electric steering lock..😕 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

I vowed never to have another Renault

I would have a Renault Sport, they're built better. Not really my kind of cars but they really are built nice.

• Like 2

I have only driven a Magane & Clio, basic cars I suppose, built to a price.

The Magane was OK ish, but the off set pedals of the Clio made my back ache.

I use to occasionally chauffeur my boss around in his Mercedes S500......which made the Dacia feel like a skateboard, and about as fast. 😂 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

I have only driven a Magane & Clio, basic cars I suppose, built to a price.

The Magane was OK ish, but the off set pedals of the Clio made my back ache.

I use to occasionally chauffeur my boss around in his Mercedes S500......which made the Dacia feel like a skateboard, and about as fast. 😂 

I meant the Megane and Clio, Sport, they're assembled in a different factory and very much different cars as quality goes even though they look the same.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I meant the Megane and Clio, Sport, they're assembled in a different factory and very much different cars as quality goes even though they look the same.

👍......... yes, I expect they are built to a higher standard, a higher spec car built for enthusiasts, standard cars built for the masses.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Clive said:

👍......... yes, I expect they are built to a higher standard, a higher spec car built for enthusiasts, standard cars built for the masses.

This place is full of French cars......and it's always the Renaults on the recovery trucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

This place is full of French cars......and it's always the Renaults on the recovery trucks.

I don't know what I'm laughing about we have a Citroen :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After great service from my 1999 sharan I got a 2017 model, after looking at many other cars and vans. Still got an old fashion key but it has got an electric handbrake. So I have to have fun with handbrake turns in Mandis Cmax which has the keyless system. Always looking for the key hole and wondering why the auto hold handbrake isn't working in that.:classic_laugh:
I've got used to the auto hold function on the sharan and it works very well. Can only imagine the amount of software getting it working as good as it does.
Oh and as for the keyless Cmax, I press the unlock button in the house, put the fob in my zip up pocket and only get it out when I'm at my destination.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

put the fob in my zip up pocket and only get it out when I'm at my destination.

You definitely need a zipped pocket if you've got such a thing  👍  Luckily the Citroen key fob as quite heavy so you know it's there but the fob for the Cube is very light , bloody japs making everything light and fancy :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

After great service from my 1999 sharan I got a 2017 model, after looking at many other cars and vans. Still got an old fashion key but it has got an electric handbrake. So I have to have fun with handbrake turns in Mandis Cmax which has the keyless system. Always looking for the key hole and wondering why the auto hold handbrake isn't working in that.:classic_laugh:
I've got used to the auto hold function on the sharan and it works very well. Can only imagine the amount of software getting it working as good as it does.
Oh and as for the keyless Cmax, I press the unlock button in the house, put the fob in my zip up pocket and only get it out when I'm at my destination.

Electric hand brakes, they are a stupid idea and always playing up .

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I don't know what I'm laughing about we have a Citroen :classic_unsure:

No issues in 5 years for us other than normal stuff like replacing clutch and brakes.

The Picasso has a huge following on FB......many owners have had 4 or 5 of them. They just keep buying them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No issues in 5 years for us other than normal stuff like replacing clutch and brakes.

The Picasso has a huge following on FB......many owners have had 4 or 5 of them. They just keep buying them.

I'm quite impressed with the C3 Aircross so far, It's a nice drive but it does have some annoying stuff as well.  If i'm sat in it listening to the radio it turns itself off after after 10 minutes.  To get the radio to function you have to start the engine  :classic_rolleyes:

What's the point of all this start/stop stuff (to save the planet) if you have to keep starting the engine every 10 mintes just to continue listening to the radio :wank4az:

• Haha 3