I thought…. This can’t be real!!

Motobiker

Trailers make a lot of sense when you need to carry a lot of gear, it is better than overloading the bike. Single wheel trailers look nice but everyone I know who has gone down the trailer route says two wheeled trailers are better.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Buckster said:

Trailers make a lot of sense when you need to carry a lot of gear, it is better than overloading the bike. Single wheel trailers look nice but everyone I know who has gone down the trailer route says two wheeled trailers are better.

I see lots of bikes pulling trailers to the motorcycle rallies now and have to admit i'm really jealous of the comfort they bring when camping usually see the older generation pulling them but it's something i just cant be bothered with it rolls all the disadvantages of a car and motorcycle into one vehicle bit like a trike or quad 

• Like 4

They definitely have a purpose. But that seems to be almost completely defeated when you are restricting yourself to items that can only fit in a 40 litre pannier even if it’s 6 of them. To my mind a trailer allows you to carry those items that would normally have to go in a car boot. Like a larger tent. Proper camp beds. A decent cooker. A bottle of gas maybe. Heading somewhere and basing yourself there for a week or two. Rather than the usual (for me) travelling light and moving on every day or so.

• Like 4

Just a bit of extra space with no thought is a boon. 

Refining your packing to essentials is a bore and chucking everything in without a care is liberating, thats just a guess cos honestly having that attached to the back of my bike would piss me off big styley. 

• Like 2

There was a guy on the other forum who built his own monowheel trailer to pull behind his busa. He made a really nice job of it too. He used to take it the the MotoGP races throughout Europe, but when all sorts of restrictions started being imposed (80kph speed limit, etc) I think that he gave up on it.

• Like 1