Warm Hands

Saul

Just picked my bike up from its 6 month service.   I had my heated grips fitted at the same time.   Had perfect weather to try them out.    Absolute game changer.   I had forgotten how much more comfortable you feel with warm hands.   I almost forgot how terrifying the road conditions were riding home.   Several of the roads out in the clay country were unsalted, read fecking slippery.   

A10D0F3C-4593-472B-AB85-70BFE8A213DE.jpeg

1142DBF6-4FA2-4808-A5BB-40F7DFC51F83.jpeg

5AC45D89-2143-4A8D-9E6C-BAC55EFEFBAF.jpeg

E75FD631-E599-4EEC-8B33-A991820499CA.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Saul said:

Just picked my bike up from its 6 month service.   I had my heated grips fitted at the same time.   Had perfect weather to try them out.    Absolute game changer.   I had forgotten how much more comfortable you feel with warm hands.   I almost forgot how terrifying the road conditions were riding home.   Several of the roads out in the clay country were unsalted, read fecking slippery.   

A10D0F3C-4593-472B-AB85-70BFE8A213DE.jpeg

1142DBF6-4FA2-4808-A5BB-40F7DFC51F83.jpeg

5AC45D89-2143-4A8D-9E6C-BAC55EFEFBAF.jpeg

E75FD631-E599-4EEC-8B33-A991820499CA.jpeg

Damn......that's harsh conditions Saul!

What the temps there?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Is that ice to the left of that strip of snow to the left of the picture? Pretty picture!

No mate it was running water.   Coming down the hill behind me from the melting snow.  

• Like 3

To be completely honest I had to pick my bike up from the dealership plus return the loaner I had.   I rode up there on the RE Classic 350 they lent me on full clench, nice little bike though it was, slippery stuff on someone’s else’s bike is a worry. Much more relaxed when I got my Himalayan back.   Obviously I was taking easy but the Himalayan felt pretty secure despite the conditions.  I was a lot more confident on that than the Classic 350.   

7147B836-973A-4182-9992-338A0D89EAFF.jpeg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Saul said:

To be completely honest I had to pick my bike up from the dealership plus return the loaner I had.   I rode up there on the RE Classic 350 they lent me on full clench, nice little bike though it was, slippery stuff on someone’s else’s bike is a worry. Much more relaxed when I got my Himalayan back.   Obviously I was taking easy but the Himalayan felt pretty secure despite the conditions.  I was a lot more confident on that than the Classic 350.   

7147B836-973A-4182-9992-338A0D89EAFF.jpeg

What sort of price for a service Saul?

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What sort of price for a service Saul?

Fecking expensive, with fitting the grips as well it was the thick end of £200 😳  

• Like 2

Just now, boboneleg said:

What was involved with the service, how many hours labour?

Oil, filter, drain plugs, valve clearances and other bits and bobs plus fitting the grips.   3 hours labour.   

1 minute ago, Saul said:

Oil, filter, drain plugs, valve clearances and other bits and bobs plus fitting the grips.   3 hours labour.   

So a lot of dealers would charge you £80 an hour just for labour 

Considering you’ve had the valve clearances done I’d say that’s a great price 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

Cool that makes me feel better about the bill then.   Its all new to me, I have never used a main dealer before.  This is my first new bike.  Guess I'll stop moaning.  🤨

• Like 2

Right Mea Culpa, I just got it wrong, the bill was the thick end of £300 not £200.  
Just checked because of the reaction., oops.    Still ok with it after Bob explained    

3E56FAD5-7939-4D9B-9128-1E63F287EBB8.jpeg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm slightly taken aback that the valve clearances need checking after just 2807 miles :classic_wacko:

3k valve clearance checks is standard for all RE singles.    Easy enough job once the guarantee is up, I am going to keep the service history up in case I want to trade it in.  From what I have read most owners do it every 6k once they are out of guarantee.  

• Like 3