New Year Weekend!

XTreme

The forecast is 18C and sunny here.....however, I'm still full up with flu, I've got a shitload of work on, and we've got the boys on both days in the afternoon.

Gonna try and get out for a short run on New Years Day in the morning.....but depends on whether I'm feeling a bit better.

What you lot doing?

• Like 1

Out for drinks in a pub tonight to celebrate our neighbours 50th wedding anniversary, should be good as the pub as I haven't been in a pub for ages and it's staggering distance to home :classic_tongue:

Going to my sister-in-laws tomorrow evening for New Years Eve and then down the mother-in-laws house for a big leg of lamb on New Years Day.

I have done well this season in the eating and drinking department .................

Β 

spongebob-patrick-star.gif.5d8f6e6f33b8d15fb60710ec2551ba26.gif

• Like 2

I love new year since a few years ago when I decided I no longer wanted to go out and it's now one of my favourite food events of the year.

Ordered a huge piece of beef for New Years eve which has not turned up 🀬 so got three smaller but decent joints and am doing leg of lamb n mint sauce, roast crackling pork with apple cider jelly and roast beef with fresh horseradish (never made horseradish sauce before so looking forward to that), red wine n beef dripping gravy plus the usual suspects roast shallots n garlic with a balsamic glaze, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and buttered green beans. I bought pudding (salted caramel roulade) cos everything starts to look a bit skew whiff by that point Β and I should stay away from the oven πŸ˜†

Then New Years day is Eggs Benedict at 10am then it's 😍 Platter of Plenty day 😍 where all the food goes on the table and stay's there so you can load up your plate and we all watch a film together and graze whenever it takes your fancy.

Cheese and crackers with quince Jam, Tsar fillet (essentially a large unsliced chunk of smoked salmon) with a dill and mustard sauce, Houmous and Felucian spread (an excellent black bean houmous recipe), smoked peppered mackerel pate that I only make at Christmas time, chicken liver parfait and bought Ardennes pate, little Asian balls (a combo of blitzed pork and prawn with Chinese flavours), quails eggs with celery salt, whichever breads are best, Quiche (bought from the shops cos I don't like making quiche), two king prawn crowns cos one's never enough, carrot and cucumber batons, baby plum tomatoes and leaves that don't get eaten πŸ˜†, more crisps and chocolate than you can shake a stick at and of course cold cuts from the day before with pickles.Β 

Can't wait.

Anyone recommendations for a film?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I love new year since a few years ago when I decided I no longer wanted to go out and it's now one of my favourite food events of the year.

Ordered a huge piece of beef for New Years eve which has not turned up 🀬 so got three smaller but decent joints and am doing leg of lamb n mint sauce, roast crackling pork with apple cider jelly and roast beef with fresh horseradish (never made horseradish sauce before so looking forward to that), red wine n beef dripping gravy plus the usual suspects roast shallots n garlic with a balsamic glaze, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and buttered green beans. I bought pudding (salted caramel roulade) cos everything starts to look a bit skew whiff by that point Β and I should stay away from the oven πŸ˜†

Then New Years day is Eggs Benedict at 10am then it's 😍 Platter of Plenty day 😍 where all the food goes on the table and stay's there so you can load up your plate and we all watch a film together and graze whenever it takes your fancy.

Cheese and crackers with quince Jam, Tsar fillet (essentially a large unsliced chunk of smoked salmon) with a dill and mustard sauce, Houmous and Felucian spread (an excellent black bean houmous recipe), smoked peppered mackerel pate that I only make at Christmas time, chicken liver parfait and bought Ardennes pate, little Asian balls (a combo of blitzed pork and prawn with Chinese flavours), quails eggs with celery salt, whichever breads are best, Quiche (bought from the shops cos I don't like making quiche), two king prawn crowns cos one's never enough, carrot and cucumber batons, baby plum tomatoes and leaves that don't get eaten πŸ˜†, more crisps and chocolate than you can shake a stick at and of course cold cuts from the day before with pickles.Β 

Can't wait.

Anyone recommendations for a film?

Big Stan , watched it last night.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Six30 said:

its a bit tongue in cheek..Β  Rob Schneider makes it funny though

I like the sound of Godless. I wonder if I need to download it now or if satellite wifi doesn't get hammered into single digit download speeds like normal broadband on New Years Day.

58 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Β 

I'm on my way over - sounds great!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I like the sound of Godless. I wonder if I need to download it now or if satellite wifi doesn't get hammered into single digit download speeds like normal broadband on New Years Day.

Yeh , godless is goodΒ 

36 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My parents barred me from watching Lassie because I always had a complete meltdown crying and shouting noooo when he went the wrong way, which he did in every episode πŸ˜†

Me too πŸ˜‹

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Marcel said:

Leaving shortly for the missus...tomorrow a cottaging party..the boys will be cooking a turkey supper..lot's of dinks..

fixed.

• Haha 3