Cornwall Kawasaki Center December 22

Saul

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Well I saw my first Z900RS in the flesh today......and I wasn't impressed!

They look good in pics, but when you're up close and personal they look like a fat, stubby lump.

Only Kawasaki could take a legendary style from 50 years ago and then fucking regress it!

Must have got something right as there's 3 of them in my local bike chat group. All of them around my age of 60.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So is there any second particular second bikes that are leaping out in your direction?

Gonna stay with one bike, I am not against a Strom, but in a total move away from what I was looking at before, I was having a serious look at a Honda NC750X or even a CB500X .  Don't know yet, I am not going to do anything until the new year and I may even wait for the new Reg.  I am sort of reconciling myself to the more modern plastic fantastic look as modern retro styled bikes just don't look right with radiators to me.  Unless I go for a Royal Enfield twin which is still aircooled, not sure how happy I would be with it long term.   But to flip flop yet again the Z650RS could be a contender although I am not sure I could live with the rad and weird looking exhaust.   I do like a lot about the NC750X, looks like it would be very easy to live with but I am not sure I am ready to let go of the Himalayan yet. I have had a look at a Versys but I find it ugly, I also find the CF Moto 650 MT/GT interesting, a lot of bike for the money, but resale values don't seem to hold up to well.    Also to consider is a used BMW F700/800GS or F.  Plus I need to see how my short arse fits on any of them.  Tis just a headfire,  going to give it a while, I am under no pressure to do anything.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Must have got something right as there's 3 of them in my local bike chat group. All of them around my age of 60.

The legacy of the original Zed......if it wasn't based on the original how many would get sold?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The legacy of the original Zed......if it wasn't based on the original how many would get sold?

Possible but they all get them out of the sheds and garages and ride them. I think they're bloody gorgeous, the bikes.:classic_laugh:
Two of them have changed the exhausts.:classic_laugh:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Gonna stay with one bike, I am not against a Strom, but in a total move away from what I was looking at before, I was having a serious look at a Honda NC750X or even a CB500X .  Don't know yet, I am not going to do anything until the new year and I may even wait for the new Reg.  I am sort of reconciling myself to the more modern plastic fantastic look as modern retro styled bikes just don't look right with radiators to me.  Unless I go for a Royal Enfield twin which is still aircooled, not sure how happy I would be with it long term.   But to flip flop yet again the Z650RS could be a contender although I am not sure I could live with the rad and weird looking exhaust.   I do like a lot about the NC750X, looks like it would be very easy to live with but I am not sure I am ready to let go of the Himalayan yet. I have had a look at a Versys but I find it ugly, I also find the CF Moto 650 MT/GT interesting, a lot of bike for the money, but resale values don't seem to hold up to well.    Also to consider is a used BMW F700/800GS or F.  Plus I need to see how my short arse fits on any of them.  Tis just a headfire,  going to give it a while, I am under no pressure to do anything.  

A lot to consider 😁

I'm not bothered by the radiators, they are part of modern life at the moment and I kind of like the tacked on Heath Robinson/farmer style solution.. "keep it the same but just weld a lump on the front, that'll do." "What do u mean weld, bit of bailer twines alright innit?" 😂   My eyes pass over them like they're not really there. 

Mr Slowly has an F800GT and I have to say it's a really lovely bike, the one he immediately chooses if there's any distance to be covered (although that maybe because he make's noises like Pete out in drizzle if it starts raining on his Low Rider) 😂 

He keeps it in the lowered seat position so we can swap bikes when we ride longer distances together (change is as good as rest blah blah) and on the height n weight front I find it very easy to manoeuvre. It's not as pokey as the Bandit but it's a hell of lot easier to ride. 

He was supposed to find a bike around the 3-4k mark, a touring bike that wasn't concerning to leave outside wherever overnight and exceeded that by some but when I rode it I was so pleased with what he'd chosen I didn't even mention 6.5k is not 3-4 😆 

It's the bike he rides most. 

• Like 2

If I was to choose a value bike out of the used but current BMW bikes, I would look into a late R1200RS.

They lose value quicker than a GS, I suppose have taller higher gear like an RT, and are proper comfy to sit on. I never rode one as I really value the GS and the 19 inch front wheel, but a RS is a bike to consider. Cheaper than the GS purely out of market reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

If I was to choose a value bike out of the used but current BMW bikes, I would look into a late R1200RS.

They lose value quicker than a GS, I suppose have taller higher gear like an RT, and are proper comfy to sit on. I never rode one as I really value the GS and the 19 inch front wheel, but a RS is a bike to consider. Cheaper than the GS purely out of market reasons.

I like the single seat police version of the RT, seems a bit to much bike for most of what I do, I saw a real nice one for sale the other day inside my budget.   Oil Heads are cool though but not sure I want a big shaftie again.

1 hour ago, Saul said:

I like the single seat police version of the RT, seems a bit to much bike for most of what I do, I saw a real nice one for sale the other day inside my budget.   Oil Heads are cool though but not sure I want a big shaftie again.

Have a look and a seat on an RS, seems half the size in real life

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I've had my fair share of men who are incapable of selecting the right tool for the job.

never mind 'selecting' , sometimes I can't even find mine 

• Haha 3