Last Weekend in November!

XTreme

In terms of weather it's pretty decent for this time of year.

633282251_Screenshot2022-11-25110027.jpg.6e9362d9bacaf71eb159f41eb4436a28.jpg
So I'm hoping to get out for a while.......but I know I've got some work coming in so I'll just have to see how it plays out.

What about you lot?

• Like 3

I am out singing down at the Ship Inn Pentewan tonight, tomorrow I am tempted to have a trip down to St Ives to see Kimbers Men, a group I quite like.    Haven't decided about Sunday yet, a Bimble may be on the cards.  

• Like 3

I am going to try to get into the birthday spirit today.  I saw a new bakery/bistro opened up in town so perhaps some cake and coffee would help.  Then perhaps a hike in the forest, always good medicine for me. 🌲🙂

I want to get out for a paddle in the next few days too.  Now that I have come to my senses and have decided to not cross Canada with the canoe I only have a few more chances before we depart.  I'm already looking forward to going back west for her (the canoe) in the summer. 🌞 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, XTreme said:

In terms of weather it's pretty decent for this time of year.

633282251_Screenshot2022-11-25110027.jpg.6e9362d9bacaf71eb159f41eb4436a28.jpg
So I'm hoping to get out for a while.......but I know I've got some work coming in so I'll just have to see how it plays out.

What about you lot?

image_2022-11-26_174838387.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Travelling back to España. 
Riding my bike. 
Lying as still as possible and doing as little as possible. 
Might wander down to the seafront, maybe maybe not. 
Weather looks good for doing nothing. 
4D420E23-24F8-4C33-BA39-C85C28CF23D0.thumb.png.ef302698bd75fc154a00e7dc663db1f3.png

Take it easy @Slowlycatchymonkey

I envy that weather but I definitely don’t envy all that flying.

Safe journey  ✈️ 

• Like 2

Granddaughters birthday party this afternoon, steak and ale with friends tonight so will prob be hungover again tomorrow.

This morning will be cleaning up rabbit and goldfish poo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Arrived. Airport parking has a cafe so having a cup of tea before setting off. 
It’s a very pleasant 23 degrees at the mo. 
2B37C1BB-77A8-4AAE-99A4-68841ECE13D0.thumb.jpeg.fc134c7d0bee46e60674def63fbb0a25.jpeg

Cup of tea, Pah  !!!!!!!

You should be over the road trying to drink the contents of that San Miguel brewery like any true Brit 

stupid-drunk-girls-day.gif.31d16271ba1a9b37c9a95d4282583c49.gif

• Haha 7

Took a stroll down to the supermarket, bought beer, pizza and some stuff to roast for Sunday lunch tomoz. 

Pizza disappointing as didn't have any extra toppings to add, Dr Oetker would be turning in his grave at those tasteless rubber discs pretending to be cheese.

Beer is not disappointing. Beer is good. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Take it easy @Slowlycatchymonkey

I envy that weather but I definitely don’t envy all that flying.

Safe journey  ✈️ 

The flights not too bad, about 2 1/2 hours and I have no problem sleeping through that. It differs from going on holiday which can be stressful cos all your gears already in place, there's no checked luggage so you go straight to security and hang about for an hour reading and drinking tea before boarding. You're also so familiar with the procedure, likely gate numbers etc you do most of it with your eyes shut.

Where as on your hols you have to turn up stupidly early to queue forever just to check a suitcase in and then you get caught up with everyone else stressing doing the 'me first' march rather than simply slip through in the quiet time. Plus as you're leaving the cold n wet behind and looking forward to a nice ride in the sunshine you generally feel pretty happy about that flight. 

Mind you it wasn't arf parky up in those mountains today, beautiful views but brrrrrrr. Had to stop n put my waterproof on just for an extra layer and switched my heated grips on and it still wasn't enough 😂

I hear Brizzle is trialling the day before your flight bag drop which would be good for folk with suitcases flying early doors. When my bezzie comes out here in March I'm going to try and get her to do that rather than get to the airport over two hours before the flight at stupid o'clock, treat her to the less stressful way to fly.

• Like 4

Decided to break the boredom by chopping some stick for the fire but soon got bored with that and ended up doing some maintenance on the chain saws. The old husky has been sat unused for a few years but fired up after half a dozen pulls on the chord, it's a bloody good saw but a bit heavy compared to its modern equivalent. The battery dewalt one is good as well, cuts great and doesn't piss off the neighbours when logging in the back garden

!cid_5CDC8AA2-FF78-4FB2-97CA-A959015EEDF7.thumb.jpg.bd7d9a5e1dc6fd63c3549659481ee392.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The battery dewalt one is good as well, cuts great and doesn't piss off the neighbours when logging in the back garden

You're garden is soooooooooooo big that you have enough trees to do your own logging ?

log-log-tricks.gif.a03e0e843ecfd9fa23765ad92f19b872.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, boboneleg said:

You're garden is soooooooooooo big that you have enough trees to do your own logging ?

log-log-tricks.gif.a03e0e843ecfd9fa23765ad92f19b872.gif

no i bring back lengths of tree and cut them to size for the fire in the back garden but you knew what i meant 😉 :classic_laugh:

chainsaw GIF

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

no i bring back lengths of tree and cut them to size for the fire in the back garden but you knew what i meant 😉 :classic_laugh:

chainsaw GIF

And pray tell, where do you get these 'lengths of tree' from.  They wouldn't by chance be on the side of a mountain near Ponty would they  

mr-bean-flirty.gif.05121a99fcd175e3fc5e72b99fc8aa85.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

And pray tell, where do you get these 'lengths of tree' from.  They wouldn't by chance be on the side of a mountain near Ponty would they  

mr-bean-flirty.gif.05121a99fcd175e3fc5e72b99fc8aa85.gif

I miss my old 4x4 i used to drive it along lanes with fallen trees clear the lane and take the wood and there's a lot down this year

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I miss my old 4x4 i used to drive it along lanes with fallen trees clear the lane and take the wood and there's a lot down this year

Fucking Pikey!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I see no problem with this, you were doing the public a good service and all for free, just like any good pikey does 

• Haha 1

Well well well guess who sang at Salobrena's summer festival? 

Bonnie fucking Tyler!!

Another Swansea ginger 🙄... minus the ginger.  

Goddam I'm going to have to remember to check out who they get next year.

She doesn't even need the dosh she did it cos she wanted to. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well well well guess who sang at Salobrena's summer festival? 

Bonnie fucking Tyler!!

Another Swansea ginger 🙄... minus the ginger.  

Goddam I'm going to have to remember to check out who they get next year.

She doesn't even need the dosh she did it cos she wanted to. 

She's from Skewen originally......but when she married Bobby Sullivan then she moved to Swansea.

It was him who financed her career!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

She's from Skewen originally......but when she married Bobby Sullivan then she moved to Swansea.

It was him who financed her career!

Oh yeah right "Skewen" thats basically saying outer Swansea... unless you're from Swansea and that clearly leaves you scarred for life to the extent unless you're in the inner circle of hell then decades later you still "aren't from Swansea" 😂

Honestly Bonnie Tyler singing here is like Pavarotti raising from the dead to sing in a place no-one knows about 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1