Your Day Today!

XTreme

Went to Saundersfoot for a dump today. Was thinking of curling one out over the harbour wall and cut out the middleman LOL. Then i headed home to the dentist for a filling my mouth is just starting to feel normal again 

Saundersfoot.thumb.jpg.cbab2e18a786248108643853858f3774.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

33 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Cos you've lost EU funding for public bogs?

Flag Eu GIF by EUinmyregion

In all the years that we were in the EU I never saw a sign saying that this project was funded by the EU around here.

All the bogs around here where closed year's ago,  some of them definitely needed closing though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

In all the years that we were in the EU I never saw a sign saying that this project was funded by the EU around here.

I just checked and saw that the £10.5m Pontypridd town centre regeneration was funded with £8m from the EU.

They should have diverted that money to Swansea really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did a quick Google, all I could find was that Mansfield District Council had to hand back £150,000 to the EU. 😂 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Cos you've lost EU funding for public bogs?

No i did use the public bogs my point was when i flushed it probably went straight into the harbour :classic_laugh:
Proof the bogs exist
image.png.3cc4b20864af744d668c6a7322f376b2.png

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Went to Saundersfoot for a dump today. Was thinking of curling one out over the harbour wall and cut out the middleman LOL. Then i headed home to the dentist for a filling my mouth is just starting to feel normal again 

Saundersfoot.thumb.jpg.cbab2e18a786248108643853858f3774.jpg

stroke GIF

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Clive said:

All the bogs around here where closed year's ago,  some of them definitely needed closing though.

There were plenty of those in wales, but you have to remember where the EU got that money from in the first place 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There were plenty of those in wales, but you have to remember where the EU got that money from in the first place 

From what all countries paid in!

But considering the UK now pays nothing to the EU, why isn't Wales getting the grants from Westminster to replace the EU funding that it lost?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

But considering the UK now pays nothing to the EU, why isn't Wales getting the grants from Westminster to replace the EU funding that it lost?

Because Wales is shite.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nute said:

Wow, that's posh!!

You bike is super clean ... 🙂

One thing about living in the artic...we can only ride 6 months out of the year...and it only has 10k on the odo...pavement mostly... tires on it are strictly for pavement..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What makes you think we don't 

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What makes you think we don't 

Because the Welsh Government have released the figures!

"Taken together, the £243m loss in rural funding and the £772m shortfall in EU structural funds (table 2) add up to just more than £1bn. Applying the same inflation adjustment to rural funding as to the structural funds, the overall shortfall to the Welsh budget is more than £1.1bn.

These figures do not take into account the losses of funding from our access to other EU funding programmes, including Erasmus, Horizon and European Territorial Co-operation which have not been fully replaced by the UK Government."

2 hours ago, Clive said:

You obviously didn't go to Wales @Clive  .  Nearly every new road , trading estate and lots of factories in the South Wales Valleys were funded by EU money 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nearly every new road , trading estate and lots of factories in the South Wales Valleys were funded by EU money 

The valleys would still be littered with slag heaps if that funding hadn't gone in!

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Word on the street around here is that most of construction, non only in the UK but most of Europe, has been funded by England. Real shame you voted out, all the kids here are crying about a swimming pool that’s not going to be made after all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

non only in the UK but most of Europe, has been funded by England

Pete has just spat his coffee all over his keyboard :classic_laugh:

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You obviously didn't go to Wales @Clive  .  Nearly every new road , trading estate and lots of factories in the South Wales Valleys were funded by EU money 

Did not see much regeneration in Rhyl when went the other year.... 😂 plenty of degeneration though.

• Haha 2

Just now, Clive said:

Did not see much regeneration in Rhyl when went the other year.... 😂 plenty of degeneration though.

Yeah, I can't speak for North Wales @Clive , it's not somewhere I go a great deal.

• Like 2

Just now, boboneleg said:

Yeah, I can't speak for North Wales @Clive , it's not somewhere I go a great deal.

Last time I was in South Wales was when the Herald of Free Enterprise turned turtle.....1987.... Caldicot.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

They do, to some degree, but because of the damage to the UK economy as a result of us economically shooting ourselves in the foot so we can be free, they just can’t afford as much. The NHS is still waiting for its £350 million or whatever it was a week. 

• Like 1