Your Day Today!

XTreme

FFS  !!  I just spent an hour filling in an online form just to get a 'medical practitioner' to phone me.  You can't just phone our doctors and get an appointment anymore .  WTF is going on 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

FFS  !!  I just spent an hour filling in an online form just to get a 'medical practitioner' to phone me.  You can't just phone our doctors and get an appointment anymore .  WTF is going on 

My mum decided to retire from being a doctor when she got to the age because her job turned from giving consultations to patients to spending 50% of her time dealing with making things IT streamlined, writing prescriptions online, arranging future consultations online, etc, this as a family general practitioner to people who then prefer to have the old school paper to take home. She got increasingly frustrated of her job becoming being a people's doctor to an IT person dealing with a failing IT system.

She was very sad about it, during her days on that medical post she had become the doctor of three generations of the same families.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

35 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It seems that Dago flu jabs aren't really that good then ?

Sinusitis is an infection.....it's something I've suffered with all my life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The little square I live in is being dug up to fit a new gas main.  Its fucking caos out there at the moment.  The lads doing it are as good as gold but its a pain nonetheless.    Been out fitting some hand guards to my boys scoot as he has been freezing his tits and fingers off coming home from work.   Also managed to drop his scoot on ice last night.  All low speed, he is actually quite sensible on the roads, and there is only  couple of mild scuff on top of scuffs that were already there.  I cleaned and checked his bike over before I did the handguards.    Budget chinky stuff is definitely built down to a price.  🙄

Also put the  topbox plate on my Hornet and gave it a wipe over, tyre pressures, oil, chain and other maintenance.    🙂

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Saul said:

The little square I live in is being dug up to fit a new gas main.  Its fucking caos out there at the moment.  The lads doing it are as good as gold but its a pain nonetheless.    Been out fitting some hand guards to my boys scoot as he has been freezing his tits and fingers off coming home from work.   Also managed to drop his scoot on ice last night.  All low speed, he is actually quite sensible on the roads, and there is only  couple of mild scuff on top of scuffs that were already there.  I cleaned and checked his bike over before I did the handguards.    Budget chinky stuff is definitely built down to a price.  🙄

Also put the  topbox plate on my Hornet and gave it a wipe over, tyre pressures, oil, chain and other maintenance.    🙂

IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.10ccf792d652b61b1bf9ec8dafa81cdc.jpegIMG_1227.thumb.jpeg.31acce45a1f6f685be25ed9ad1366f4a.jpegIMG_1226.thumb.jpeg.ba62ca652bc9f9c97a326ed022c97b86.jpegIMG_1225.thumb.jpeg.f36b19bd942b53c36b7a18f5151ae16a.jpegIMG_1224.thumb.jpeg.0e278c6609b7802176c31c90bf954cd1.jpeg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Saul said:

IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.10ccf792d652b61b1bf9ec8dafa81cdc.jpegIMG_1227.thumb.jpeg.31acce45a1f6f685be25ed9ad1366f4a.jpegIMG_1226.thumb.jpeg.ba62ca652bc9f9c97a326ed022c97b86.jpegIMG_1225.thumb.jpeg.f36b19bd942b53c36b7a18f5151ae16a.jpegIMG_1224.thumb.jpeg.0e278c6609b7802176c31c90bf954cd1.jpeg

Get some BBQ paint on the scoots exhaust,  they are renowned for rusting.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

First ride today after my off. Took the 400 round to get MOTd better bloody pass !!! 

Good to be back?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Clive said:

I will now the weather has turned more clement.  Quite pleasant and dry out there today.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, busabeast said:

I've not been told I'll be calling metcalfs tomorrow morning to find out all the details it was 5.20pm that I was asked if I could start Monday, it's tramping all week so not exactly ideal but if the money is right then I'll run with it.

I'll be expecting 35-40k a year after tax to make it worthwhile 

So what's the deal?

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

I will now the weather has turned more clement.  Quite pleasant and dry out there today.  

I have painted mine twice, it may only be a single cylinder,  but the price of a new exhaust (which is almost unattainable with there being no Daelim importer) is very steep.

Not bad here today, cloudy, dry and no breeze.......but weatherman says snow (maybe a good covering) next Wednesday..

Iam going to the local bike shop now, just looking, it passes a hour or so.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Screenshot_20240112_132146_Facebook.jpg.a873bf403021ca55fdd3281292100a1d.jpg

Mmm....i like that. 👍 

Better buy a Lottery ticket. 😂 

That's a lot of bike for the money.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saul said:

That's a lot of bike for the money.  

IF I had the money I would have it, I once said i would never have another Suzuki,  but I would make a exception in this case..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

IF I had the money I would have it, I once said i would never have another Suzuki,  but I would make a exception in this case..

I used to love Suzuki's GS1000/750/Katana eara, they leave me a bit cold now.   I do have a soft spot for the SV/Strom 650 though.   

• Like 2

I only ever owned 2 stroke Suzuki,s....that was in the 70,s

But I do like the look of the SV....it (like other Suzuki models is long in the tooth) is just the right size for a geriatric like me. 😂 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Clive said:

Years ago I used to use that paint for grates (in your fireplace) to do the exhausts on my trail bikes 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Years ago I used to use that paint for grates (in your fireplace) to do the exhausts on my trail bikes 

I am going up to have a poke around my shed I am sure i have some up there somewhere.  I used to use it on my chinky CG125 clones exhaust.  

DSCF4618.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Paint..... BBQ or other high temp paint is cheaper than buying a new exhaust, that will rust and rot as fast as the original one did.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Clive said:

Mmm....i like that. 👍 

Passed my test on that bike. Its lovely.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Clive said:

Mmm....i like that. 👍 

Wish I had not gone now.

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office           😂 

• Like 1