Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Clive said:

I watched a programme last night about a Portuguese guy who came here, things did not work out, ended up rough sleeping in a park in London,  two Lithuania guys murdered him for God know what reason,  they never said,  it was not his lifestyle choice, poor bugger. 😔 

saw a bit of that .. he had family here , dont think he was sleeping rough, he had family here .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I'm not racist mostly....but has a Canadian when you immigrate to different country like Canada...learn are customs and leave that garbage behind that you're fleeing from...we don't need this shit here...

If you are Canadian then Canada isn’t a different country.

Vine Wtf GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

saw a bit of that .. he had family here , dont think he was sleeping rough, he had family here .

Yeh, just looked, it just said he was homeless when he was murdered. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

@Saul.......I'd really like your input on this as a newer member. You came into this a year ago so you will probably more objective than most of us.

Where are we getting it wrong and where are we getting it right?

Sorry missed this Pete.   

Pros on the forum for me are:

Some very interesting people who do interesting things, live in interesting places and will talk about it.

We can talk about bikes without  a lot of the bullshit 180 mph on public roads type stories.  

Some very genuine people.  

No tolerance of Pomposity.  

No Politics, mostly.

Some genuinely weird fuckers here.  

Cons:

Those fucking mange photos.  

Some spiteful pile on type of nit picking, wind ups and bullying.  

There are a lot of bikes and bike type stuff that people avoid talking about because the pile on culture think they are shit.   I think we are missing a lot of interesting content as a result.  

The sheer volume of homophobia, misogyny and obsession with bumming type comments.  I grew up in the 1970's and understand the humour but there are less and less of us now and it just doesn't fly today, if you want to recruit new members and grow the forum.    You may not want to change the dynamic of the place.   But don't underestimate how many people will walk away from this type of stuff though, even in our own age group.    Sometimes being a member of this place feels like a guilty secret rather than something I would recommend to my mates.  

Now don't take anything I have said as an attack on anyone, it's not meant that way.  You asked for what I thought and here it is.   

I do think this is a great forum with a good community, I enjoy spending time here.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

Sorry missed this Pete.   

Some very interesting people who do interesting things, live in interesting places and will talk about it.

We can talk about bikes without  a lot of the bullshit 180 mph on public roads type stories.  

No Politics, mostly.

Cons:

There are a lot of bikes and bike type stuff that people avoid talking about because the pile on culture think they are shit.   I think we are missing a lot of interesting content as a result.  

The sheer volume of homophobia, misogyny and obsession with bumming type comments.  I grew up in the 1970's and understand the humour but there are less and less of us now and it just doesn't fly today, if you want to recruit new members and grow the forum.    You may not want to change the dynamic of the place.   But don't underestimate how many people will walk away from this type of stuff though, even in our own age group.    Sometimes being a member of this place feels like a guilty secret rather than something I would recommend to my mates.  

Now don't take anything I have said as an attack on anyone, it's not meant that way.  You asked for what I thought and here it is.   

I do think this is a great forum with a good community, I enjoy spending time here.  

Good points Saul......as a newer member you're able to be more objective.

Everybody should read what Saul said and take it on board......me included I have to say.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Good points Saul......as a newer member you're able to be more objective.

Everybody should read what Saul said and take it on board......me included I have to say.

Fuck me am I gonna catch it now 🤣

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Saul said:

Fuck me am I gonna catch it now 🤣

It's OK......you don't own the Enfield now!

It's interesting that when you had the CB500 you never got any abuse......yet mine is the most reviled bike on this forum!

World Series Reaction GIF by Brett Eldredge

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's interesting that when you had the CB500 you never got any abuse......yet mine is the most reviled bike on this forum!

I don't get it either mate, and mine had some chinky chinzy bolt ons and a top box 🤣    And I have bought its bigger brother.  😳.   

I know you don't like the Himalayans but they have a real cult following now, bit like Air Head Boxer BMW's, Land Rovers, Beatles, VW Buses and the like.   They are a thing.  I genuinely liked mine and will probably have another just not as daily transport.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Sometimes being a member of this place feels like a guilty secret rather than something I would recommend to my mates.  

Good point, I have regretted introducing people to this forum a couple of times.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Sorry missed this Pete.   

No Politics, mostly.

Cons:

Wow that is honest.. RUN FOR COVER 😆

Yep I don’t tell anyone about here. Most of my biking friends would call out the derogatory behaviour or language and then after being met with the usual piled on hostility simply leave. They would also think dimly of me for participating so I say nothing. 

It’s no mystery to me why every female contributor you’ve had has contacted me to say goodbye.

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Yes thats also a complete mystery 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep I don’t tell anyone about here. Most of my biking friends would call out the derogatory behaviour or language and then after being met with the usual piled on hostility simply leave. They would also think dimly of me for participating so I say nothing. 

Yep, that 👍

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I have regretted introducing people to this forum a couple of times.

You think that's bad? Well I have regretted starting this forum many times!

It was only supposed to last till the end of Lockdown......so that's something else I've managed to fuck up again!

• Haha 7

Got tomorrow planned out......it was a place I planned to visit earlier in the Summer but it was too hot!

It was a Spanish Civil War Internment Camp that was later used as the location for a Sergio Leone western!

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You think that's bad? Well I have regretted starting this forum many times!

It was only supposed to last till the end of Lockdown......so that's something else I've managed to fuck up again!

Well you didn't tell us that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Well you didn't tell us that...

We were already out of the worst lockdown phases by then.

For the first two months we weren't supposed to leave the house unless it was to get food.

As it was, your services were not required over at the other place anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We were already out of the worst lockdown phases by then.

For the first two months we weren't supposed to leave the house unless it was to get food.

As it was, your services were not required over at the other place anyway.

No they had done away with my services, not that I minded they were starting to accuse me of witchcraft which they couldnt/wouldn't back up with evidence 

• Like 2