Your Day Today!

XTreme

51 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What i don't get is the European cover it comes with there ain't no way it will ever leave this country but you cant opt out of it and get a reduction in price, i do like i am covered to ride other peoples bike as well though

Bennett’s don’t include it and charge a fair bit if you do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Six30 said:

IMG_0179.jpeg

Perhaps that’s just for your policy cos when I went to renew a couple of weeks ago the European cover that was always included wasn’t and I had to pay an extra £40 for it. 
Which I didn’t so it’s still not insured 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Perhaps that’s just for your policy cos when I went to renew a couple of weeks ago the European cover that was always included wasn’t and I had to pay an extra £40 for it. 

thats on their website , not from my policy , im not with them this year but every time i have been insured with them over the years its included in the price

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Have you got Euro breakdown cover?

Been changing the oil in the gearbox of the marmite wagon today or should i say diluting old oil with new as you cant drop the oil out of the torque converter so i have to suck the old oil out the dipstick with a little pump i bought and then measure how much came out and then pump the same amount of new oil back in through the dipstick tube, then take it for a run to mix it all together and keep repeating until it's looking cleaner, just about to have my third run only sucking just over 2L out at a time which is not far off half of whats in there. Once the oil is looking cleaner i have to drop the sump off the gearbox and change the filter then repeat the oil change process again.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Been changing the oil in the gearbox of the marmite wagon today or should i say diluting old oil with new as you cant drop the oil out of the torque converter so i have to suck the old oil out the dipstick with a little pump i bought and then measure how much came out and then pump the same amount of new oil back in through the dipstick tube, then take it for a run to mix it all together and keep repeating until it's looking cleaner, just about to have my third run only sucking just over 2L out at a time which is not far off half of whats in there. Once the oil is looking cleaner i have to drop the sump off the gearbox and change the filter then repeat the oil change process again.

Yer that oil would never get changed my me 😂

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have a sense of deja-vu, I remember doing similar on my Renault Traffic camper van many years ago.  The camper van was great in that you didn't need to jack it up , I could just crawl underneath to do the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I have a sense of deja-vu, I remember doing similar on my Renault Traffic camper van many years ago.  The camper van was great in that you didn't need to jack it up , I could just crawl underneath to do the job.

I'll have to get it up on ramps to do the filter as it is too low got to drive it onto blocks before i can get the ramps under, the pump makes it easy just pop the bonnet and away to go it takes minutes. Just as a precaution i'm waiting an hour or two after pumping the clean oil in for any air bubbles to disburse  as i don't think it would be good for the transmission not sure though so taking no chances. I've changed over 8L now so it will be filter next but i will need more oil i should have bought the 20L drum instead of the 10L

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Had to leg it to the bog soon as I got up........fucking Tsunami of diarrhea!

Can't risk going anywhere today in case there's another wave coming!

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Just another reason why you shouldn't ride, at your age

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Had to leg it to the bog soon as I got up........fucking Tsunami of diarrhea!

Can't risk going anywhere today in case there's another wave coming!

Well I’ll mark that one down as excuse number 76 🤪

• Haha 4

Just now, boboneleg said:

Are you out in a bike today @Sir Fallsalot ?

No i'm probably getting under the marmite wagon to finish the gearbox job off. At the risk of sounding a bit like Pete for the last month I've had an issue with my left arm, started with a pain in the shoulder and then over the weeks has moved to the back of my bicep and then onto the forearm and back to the shoulder and keeps moving about, but no issue with using the arm other than whenever i change what i'm doing like sitting to standing, driving, laying in bed or getting out i get bad pins and needles from the elbow to the tip of my fingers. And for the last few weeks the tip of my forefinger has been numb. Not sure what will happen when i get on the bike may have a go later today if i get the car done. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2