Your Day Today!

XTreme

48 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not for me dude that link is Zzac's territory.

The pension age is going up but will only affect the younger generation i just escaped it, the wife didn't though and i go by more reliable sources 

image.png.080e5e5c8d70b8e3bbd48fbae2ecee33.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not for me dude that link is@ Zzac's territory.

The pension age is going up but will only affect the younger generation i just escaped it, the wife didn't though and i go by more reliable sources 

That's as it stands now......a lot can change in the next 10 years!

I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

On hold trying to sort the bike insurance now

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Well that was a result 34 minutes on the phone and i got it £34 cheaper so only about £10 more than last year i just got to hope their phone line wasn't a £1 a minute now :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

To round the day off I've just spent £100 on batteries, one for the marmite wagon as its needing to be charged regular now and i find out the place i bought it from fitted the wrong cheap Chinese crap battery, the other one for the Beta as it seemed to lack oomph last time i was out, the guy tested it and confirmed my suspicion it has lost is oomph :classic_laugh:  i opted for a 7ah battery instead of the 4ah that's fitted, quite a noticeable difference in weight between the two even though they are the same physical size 

image.png.2cc9fa962dee46b6609743ea93a9f72b.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not for me dude that link is Zzac's territory.

Same time as I'll get mine in France. ( unless they change the age and number of semesters worked between now and then) I'll be 65. I can retire at 62 if I accept a reduced pension ( not likely)

• Like 4

I have actually managed to find a left side original triumph side case for my bike on "le bon coin" ( French classified ads site) for 100€. The bloke sent it and I picked it up this evening, winner! I can just swop the lid off that one onto mine, cos all the key and locking mechanism is in the box part, not the lid and Ill be back fully operational again AND have luggage parts as spares for the next time I drop it, or it a fence post, or whatever...👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MooN said:

I have actually managed to find a left side original triumph side case for my bike on "le bon coin" ( French classified ads site) for 100€. The bloke sent it and I picked it up this evening, winner! I can just swop the lid off that one onto mine, cos all the key and locking mechanism is in the box part, not the lid and Ill be back fully operational again AND have luggage parts as spares for the next time I drop it, or it a fence post, or whatever...👍

What you need is a nice boxer engine to take the hit instead of your luggage thus saving you money on … oh wait…

• Haha 5

Tonight I am watching over a paranoid schizophrenic. Schizophrenics are fascinating individuals, but the paranoid type give a whole new meaning to the word “tedious”. Fortunately he has now gone to bed after I finally convinced him that 1. The police are not coming for him. 2. That he is not in any kind of trouble for going to a birthday party today. 3. That the staff will be back in the morning. 4. That he is not dying. He’s just tired. 5. That the rain is not going to cause a flood. 6. That yes, everything is turned off and all the plugs have been pulled from the sockets. 7. That he will be able to buy some eggs in the morning. 8. The shops will be open as it’s definitely Saturday tomorrow. 9. He does have money. And on it went. Sigh. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Tonight I am watching over a paranoid schizophrenic. Schizophrenics are fascinating individuals, but the paranoid type give a whole new meaning to the word “tedious”. Fortunately he has now gone to bed after I finally convinced him that 1. The police are not coming for him. 2. That he is not in any kind of trouble for going to a birthday party today. 3. That the staff will be back in the morning. 4. That he is not dying. He’s just tired. 5. That the rain is not going to cause a flood. 6. That yes, everything is turned off and all the plugs have been pulled from the sockets. 7. That he will be able to buy some eggs in the morning. 8. The shops will be open as it’s definitely Saturday tomorrow. 9. He does have money. And on it went. Sigh. 

Was he worried you would break his confidence and post his fears online?

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Motobiker said:

I do not find schizophrenics fascinating, just a pita, like random sparks are firing the cells in the wrong direction. I keep expecting someone to discover it’s something completely mundane like an enzyme deficiency meaning some element vital to normal thought is missing.

What happens if you say yes the shops are shut tomorrow and the staff aren’t coming back, he doesn’t need to worry because the police are on their way round to arrest him but they wont get him because once the forecast flood water comes in he’s going to die from electrocution cos all the sockets are on so he wont need the eggs anyway?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Was he worried you would break his confidence and post his fears online?

Probably not. He has enough to worry about and tomorrow it will be completely different. I swear he dreams about everything that could go wrong. He doesn’t smile much but when things actually don’t go as per plan, you can see his inner glee. Especially when he makes some random accusation about one of the staff trying to kill him because she didn’t unplug the kettle after it boiled. Don’t. Do. That. Ever.

I haven’t broken anyone’s confidence because none of this is actually true. He’s not a paranoid schizophrenic. He has a histrionic personality disorder and it’s starting to rub off.

just be more careful with that kettle. Eugene.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Motobiker said:

Is it Zzzak?

• Haha 2

Cold grey day today, am having a mug of coffee outside before cutting a couple of branches on my garden and pulling some weed. Then it’s out after lunch to catch up with a friend, and back.

Maybe not even touching the bike today.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Bloody rain is forecast for today now! FFS!

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

The forecast for us today is cloudy with showers 😔 

But (at the moment) it is sunny ☀ and dry. 😕 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Clive said:

The forecast for us today is cloudy with showers 😔 

But (at the moment) it is sunny ☀ and dry. 😕 

Damnable contrary forecasts. It would be easier if they said it’s going to pee down and it did rather than teasing sunshine!

Mind you it’s not doing that here, tis miserable. 
But.. but .. maybe dare I believe tomorrow.. 😂5CF47F92-969B-4E97-84C6-038AFB56312A.thumb.jpeg.449afcaae860a42b16d69c96ad0d1aa3.jpeg

• Like 1

Granddaughter text me, she has seen a advert for a scoot for sale in............ Stoke on Trent 😲 .....she thought that the Trent bit of the address meant it was around here. 😂 

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Damnable contrary forecasts. It would be easier if they said it’s going to pee down and it did rather than teasing sunshine!

Mind you it’s not doing that here, tis miserable. 
But.. but .. maybe dare I believe tomorrow.. 😂5CF47F92-969B-4E97-84C6-038AFB56312A.thumb.jpeg.449afcaae860a42b16d69c96ad0d1aa3.jpeg

Supposed to be raining now until about 3......no sign of it though.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Motobiker said:

Show Off Super Hero GIF by CBeebies HQ

Hero