Have you used AliExpress?

XTreme

I'd seen them advertising all over the net for some years but I viewed them with a bit of suspicion given how low the prices were.

Anyway, I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago for a cheap pair of glasses for riding and driving......cos I know the magnification that I need.

They arrived today (2 weeks early) and they're superb. And the level of protection in terms of the packaging was excellent as well.

All in all I'm very impressed with the whole process, so I think I'll be using them again for other things.

Anybody else got any experience with AliExpress?

• Like 3

I have not, but when I had the Chinky bike a guy I know who had the same bike used them several times, always received what he ordered, and on time.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'd seen them advertising all over the net for some years but I viewed them with a bit of suspicion given how low the prices were.

Anyway, I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago for a cheap pair of glasses for riding and driving......cos I know the magnification that I need.

They arrived today (2 weeks early) and they're superb. And the level of protection in terms of the packaging was excellent as well.

All in all I'm very impressed with the whole process, so I think I'll be using them again for other things.

Anybody else got any experience with AliExpress?

Give it two weeks a lense will fall out or one of the arms will fall off … trust me on this 

• Haha 4

I have purchased stuff there before.  Always works out just fine.

I even had an online store where I could sell stuff from there and they would drop ship it. (With a small mark up on my end of course.) But it was too much upkeep with price changes and such.

• Like 4

never used them but I get the impression that it's a bit hit and miss as far as reliability and quality are concerned, Michelle's advice sounds the soundest to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MooN said:

never used them but I get the impression that it's a bit hit and miss as far as reliability and quality are concerned, Michelle's advice sounds the soundest to me. 

So basically the mange of online sellers? Perfect for Pete then.

• Haha 4

I got some tank pads from there, seem quite good quality and came when they said.  Have yet to fit them to the bike so still a bit of an unknown really.   I imagine returns would not be easy or even possible in reality.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Saul said:

I got some tank pads from there, seem quite good quality and came when they said.  Have yet to fit them to the bike so still a bit of an unknown really.   I imagine returns would not be easy or even possible in reality.  

The glasses I bought are very good......so I've ordered more.

Not sure if I'd get bike-specific accessories from them though.......I think fitment and fittings could be questionable.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 11:02, XTreme said:

The glasses I bought are very good......so I've ordered more.

Not sure if I'd get bike-specific accessories from them though.......I think fitment and fittings could be questionable.

So your eyeballs are worth risking and your motorcycle accessories aren’t? You’re killing me:rofl:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So your eyeballs are worth risking and your motorcycle accessories aren’t? You’re killing me:rofl:

No.....I just ordered handguards!

• Haha 2

Ben interesting to see what it is like I have been thinking of something similar for my bike.   I have one of those Lidl 12v compressors in my van that I use for the bike but good as it is, it's a bit bulky to cart around on my bike.    You can get something similar on Amazon for £30 and I have a feeling it might be more practical to return anything faulty to Amazon.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

Ben interesting to see what it is like I have been thinking of something similar for my bike.   I have one of those Lidl 12v compressors in my van that I use for the bike but good as it is, it's a bit bulky to cart around on my bike.    You can get something similar on Amazon for £30 and I have a feeling it might be more practical to return anything faulty to Amazon.   

There were masses of positive reviews on this one so it should be fine!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

There were masses of positive reviews on this one so it should be fine!

I be very happy...tick, very happy..tick, is it lunch yet? I wove this product...tick...😀

• Haha 2