Cooling Vest?

Anyone tried a cooling vest? I know most folk here look at the forecast and if its not good wisely don't take the bike out but Ive been committed to doing something in the roasting sun more than once. That hot air blasting through the mesh is very draining. So anyone tried one?

Link below (with out of date prices) for anyone who wants to know about them.

https://www.motorcycletourer.com/motorcycle-cooling-vests/

• Like 1

Supposedly they work ok and to a certain degree. I have talked to a guy who was surprised with his bmw branded one

I haven’t felt like trying one out for two reasons. The concept of cooling through evaporation sounds very much like what happens naturally with sweat And I just don’t like adding another layer, when it’s that hot the fuss of having to put on another layer before setting off does not appeal to me.

• Like 3

Know what you mean but pouring water down the inside of my jacket did help a lot.. until the water heated up. When it was furnace level hot there was no sweat wicking the heat away, it was pure desiccation and I’m sure a wet vest would help with dehydration/heatstroke symptoms on that front cos water cooling works. The army has been using a basic version (wet towel under what your wearing) for donkeys. 

Like you say though carrying yet ANOTHER thing and putting on ANOTHER layer when its hot.. hmm. 

Friend wants to go to ride Utah next year which I’m up for just a mesh jacket isn’t going to cut it, I predict meltdown!

• Like 1

If you’re facing conditions where it’s so hot and unmanageable for you, don’t do it. That’s my advice, a slight mistake or problem and you’re finished.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If you’re facing conditions where it’s so hot and unmanageable for you, don’t do it. That’s my advice, a slight mistake or problem and you’re finished.

Count Me In Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I can manage it, I just rather enjoy it.

Fair enough, that’s why I rather not another vest to take out when I get out of the bike and open my jacket.

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just watching that. Its awful but kind of not bad at the same time, like a comic book. 

yes it's ok till they fall off then it's stiff brush time on the gravel rash 😬

36 minutes ago, skyrider said:

yes it's ok till they fall off then it's stiff brush time on the gravel rash 😬

Pretty sure she meant the TV series

I like it