A photo you took today.................

boboneleg

40 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh......I know the feeling.

I've had the Honda for 6 months and only done about 1000 miles.

Did about 500 miles on my scoot, made a promise to myself to use it more for work but it can only be fair weather as I have to go into clients homes and don't want to be dripping everywhere and can't do 2nd survey as I need my ladders for that, look a twat on a scooter with ladders 🙂

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Did about 500 miles on my scoot, made a promise to myself to use it more for work but it can only be fair weather as I have to go into clients homes and don't want to be dripping everywhere and can't do 2nd survey as I need my ladders for that, look a twat on a scooter with ladders 🙂

What work you doing now Terry?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You planning to retire when you've done your time?

Nope, never, seems everyone I see that retires suddenly gets hammered with illness, heart attack, cancer, whatever, I won't have enough millions to keep my mind busy so I'll just carry on til I drop I think

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Nope, never, seems everyone I see that retires suddenly gets hammered with illness, heart attack, cancer, whatever, I won't have enough millions to keep my mind busy so I'll just carry on til I drop I think

Same here Terry! The UK Pension don't go far anyway!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

Same here Terry! The UK Pension don't go far anyway!

Funnily enough I don't visualise being able to really retire, may drop my hours and stuff but not retire while I am able to work.  I have had to take my Royal Mail pension at 57 to survive.  Which I find sad but a necessity to live in the UK.  😠

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Saul said:

Funnily enough I don't visualise being able to really retire, may drop my hours and stuff but not retire while I am able to work.  I have had to take my Royal Mail pension at 57 to survive.  Which I find sad but a necessity to live in the UK.  😠

A Spanish friend of mine just retired at 65 and he gets €1500 a month.

By comparison I get €820.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

A Spanish friend of mine just retired at 65 and he gets €1500 a month.

By comparison I get €820.

It would be interesting to know what he paid in over his working life to get that compared to a Brit of the same age. Did he pay more in or does the Brit pay more for less output at the other end?

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

It would be interesting to know what he paid in over his working life to get that compared to a Brit of the same age. Did he pay more in or does the Brit pay more for less output at the other end?

I'm not sure, but it's a fact that UK Pensions are the lowest in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm not sure, but it's a fact that UK Pensions are the lowest in Europe.

Reinforces what I pretty much knew, I can’t retire while I’m physically able to work.    TBH I’m not sure I would want to give up work completely, I like it and it gives me a structure to life that I think we all need for many reasons.   Last thing I would want was to be at home counting the pennies looking at my navel.   Seriously that would kill me.   
But having said that UK state pensions are pitiful.    
If it were just up to me, once the youngest turns 18 I would sell up and leave, my Mrs never would though.     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saul said:

If it were just up to me, once the youngest turns 18 I would sell up and leave, my Mrs never would though.     

Getting out isn't so easy now though!

• Like 1

True, but my first choice would be Ireland and that is a lot easier than the rest of the EU.    Other than that I would try Denmark.    Tis but a pipe dream though unless I put the Mrs under the patio.    🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Saul said:

True, but my first choice would be Ireland and that is a lot easier than the rest of the EU.    Other than that I would try Denmark.    Tis but a pipe dream though unless I put the Mrs under the patio.    🤣

The thing is with moving abroad you've both got to really want it.

However, when you get to your new country and the reality hits home that it's not a holiday and life goes on just the same........very often one of you wants to go back.

That's happened a lot here.......and it's usually the woman that wants out.

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The thing is with moving abroad you've both got to really want it.

However, when you get to your new country and the reality hits home that it's not a holiday and life goes on just the same........very often one of you wants to go back.

That's happened a lot here.......and it's usually the woman that wants out.

I do get that.  Tis why I know my Mrs wouldn’t go and I  would never pressure her to.  She loves it here to much, as do I, but I have travelled more than her so have seen much more of Europe.   
Not putting her down but we all have our choices to live with and by.    
Couple of times in the past before we got together I had chance to move to Finland and later to Ireland, never took those chances.  Don’t regret it as I am happy with my lot but can’t help but wonder what if sometimes.  Especially in the current political environment.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

I do get that.  Tis why I know my Mrs wouldn’t go and I  would never pressure her to.  She loves it here to much, as do I, but I have travelled more than her so have seen much more of Europe.   
Not putting her down but we all have our choices to live with and by.    
Couple of times in the past before we got together I had chance to move to Finland and later to Ireland, never took those chances.  Don’t regret it as I am happy with my lot but can’t help but wonder what if sometimes.  Especially in the current political environment.  

My wife would leave tomorrow if we had the finances to do it...........bugger all here for us.....even less now we are both retired.

We have kids and grandchildren.......but rarely see them.......only see our daughter on a regular basis.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

He didn't take to you that well then Clive? :classic_laugh:

For the 1st year that me and my wife were together he only communicated with me in grunts. 😂 

• Haha 2

He was a only child..bought up getting whatever he wanted.....and he wanted to continue that in adult life.

He blames my wife and her sister for him not being able to buy the sports car he always wanted....a E Type Jag.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Clive said:

My wife would leave tomorrow if we had the finances to do it...........bugger all here for us.....even less now we are both retired.

If we hadn't escaped in 2005 we'd be in the same boat Clive!

• Like 1