The Nightmare hasn't returned yet!

XTreme

5 minutes ago, Specs said:

Here is Bruce admiring his handiwork, the Mk1 panniers.

The other guy is my mate Titus who has just been to Kiev, left on Monday, on that bike, the Harley. He has just crossed from Moldova to Romania, heading for the Vatican where he hopes to be appointed as the next pope.

The KTM is the bike that I wished I'd kept, but would never be able to get on it these days - far too tall.

CIMG2471.thumb.JPG.0501cf184e0fcffbcd69c565e9913bf2.JPG

Bruce being lapped by those Pensioners for the third time back in 2005.

bru3.jpg.1c8787a2216e0c3c7725a3d683a19fd7.jpg

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We'll chip in and pay them.....what you say everybody?

Lilly Singh Yes GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

you want money ? knew what this was leading to , how much is an air con unit ?

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well speak of the Devil.....the Beast has been unleashed again! And at a higher price! :classic_laugh:

914141622_Screenshot2022-07-20173544-min.jpg.e76a17190a4852e9ac89f1cadad43400.jpg

Why not a higher price its sorted and detailed properly. :littleguy:

• Like 3

Just now, Tym said:

Why not a higher price its sorted and detailed properly. :littleguy:

Every spot of rust was removed and everything polished to the nth degree.

Certainly looks the part......but that's as far as it goes!

No way would I want something like that again.....the little Honda will do me just fine.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Every spot of rust was removed and everything polished to the nth degree.

Certainly looks the part......but that's as far as it goes!

No way would I want something like that again.....the little Honda will do me just fine.

Dealers should give you a bike to ride for a month if you clean it for them. They would make a nice profit on having a cleaner bike.  🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Tym said:

Dealers should give you a bike to ride for a month

That's my old GS out of the picture then! 

It barely gets past the first week.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's my old GS out of the picture then! 

It barely gets past the first week.

Well you can count on the little Honda.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Well you can count on the little Honda.

Absolutely Keith!

And you'd be amazed the number of guys our age on big bikes who've messaged me on FB to find out all about it.

They wanted the POV of an older guy moving down from bigger bikes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Absolutely Keith!

And you'd be amazed the number of guys our age on big bikes who've messaged me on FB to find out all about it.

See, all the men want to be your friends now, result!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Absolutely Keith!

Olivia Newton-John 80S GIF

Gay

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Absolutely Keith!

Well it’s hard to believe how heavy you find the bike as you get older.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Well it’s hard to believe how heavy you find the bike as you get older.

Your Fazer 1000 is actually heavier than my GS was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Well speak of the Devil.....the Beast has been unleashed again! And at a higher price! :classic_laugh:

914141622_Screenshot2022-07-20173544-min.jpg.e76a17190a4852e9ac89f1cadad43400.jpg

One careful owner , the other was a welsh twat who almost totally  fucked the bike with in an inch of its life.

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Your Fazer 1000 is actually heavier than my GS was.

Weighs in around 208 never seemed heavy two or three years back but it does now.

• Like 2

For my nightmare it wasn't a bike but a car ....namely a seat ibiza cupra 1.4tsi jobby.

Bought it brand spanking new on the first day of ownership it developed a rather annoying gearbox fault in that if you pulled up to a junction or set of lights and selected neutral (8 speed dsg gearbox) and tried to select drive it would shit itself requiring a switch off and back on to get it working again. 

Straight back to the garage for a software update..... which did actually sort it. 

Roll on a couple of weeks in to ownership I notice it was using oil (checked on the dipstick from cold and always in same location) so I took it back to the garage to be told nah mate can't see any issues and that it had only consumed around half a litre but when told I'd only done around 100 miles that week to and from work it still didn't register as an issue with them)

So I take back the car to use but I kept a very keen eye on the dipstick before each drive to measure when it dropped and the worst day was after a 7 mile drive to work check it at home before leaving it was at the top mark on dipstick when I came to leave work I check again to find it didn't even register on the dipstick so off back to the garage on the way home for them to top up with 1½ litres, and still they wasn't fazed by the 7 miles I'd driven between checks even though I said there's no way that is within spec for oil consumption but they took it with a pinch of salt so away I drove again after they topped it up.

It continued in the same vein week after week so God knows how much oil it actually consumed but I'd say 100s of litres in the 18 months I owned it.

At the 9 month mark I took it in with oil literally dripping out of the tail pipe so I asked them if it was supposed to be doing that and got told it was just soot ......I didn't know soot dripped 

I had well and truly had enough by this point so I gave them an ultimatum that they either change the engine or I'd drive it through the front of the showroom so it had a new engine and turbo. 

Prior to this I was told it was my driving I was racing it from cold but with video footage they then told me im not driving it hard enough......wtf

The final straw was on our Cornwall holiday journey when in torrential rain on the m4 the wipers just cut out completely needing half a dozen fuse changes to complete the journey. After that I got the car recovered from Cornwall and replaced with a hire car and told them I was walking away from the vehicle and finance.

It's put me right off owning anything new vehicle wise 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Wait....I see some dirt on those header pipes pete get the autosol 

• Haha 2

It would help Pete if you could wrench some stuff yourself... 

Has for lemons.. Not really... I did 2 water pump seals on the 950...more of a preventive maintenance.. Chain sprockets tires... My two Dr 650 were also trouble free. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

For my nightmare it wasn't a bike but a car ....namely a seat ibiza cupra 1.4tsi jobby.

Bought it brand spanking new on the first day of ownership it developed a rather annoying gearbox fault in that if you pulled up to a junction or set of lights and selected neutral (8 speed dsg gearbox) and tried to select drive it would shit itself requiring a switch off and back on to get it working again. 

Straight back to the garage for a software update..... which did actually sort it. 

Roll on a couple of weeks in to ownership I notice it was using oil (checked on the dipstick from cold and always in same location) so I took it back to the garage to be told nah mate can't see any issues and that it had only consumed around half a litre but when told I'd only done around 100 miles that week to and from work it still didn't register as an issue with them)

So I take back the car to use but I kept a very keen eye on the dipstick before each drive to measure when it dropped and the worst day was after a 7 mile drive to work check it at home before leaving it was at the top mark on dipstick when I came to leave work I check again to find it didn't even register on the dipstick so off back to the garage on the way home for them to top up with 1½ litres, and still they wasn't fazed by the 7 miles I'd driven between checks even though I said there's no way that is within spec for oil consumption but they took it with a pinch of salt so away I drove again after they topped it up.

It continued in the same vein week after week so God knows how much oil it actually consumed but I'd say 100s of litres in the 18 months I owned it.

At the 9 month mark I took it in with oil literally dripping out of the tail pipe so I asked them if it was supposed to be doing that and got told it was just soot ......I didn't know soot dripped 

I had well and truly had enough by this point so I gave them an ultimatum that they either change the engine or I'd drive it through the front of the showroom so it had a new engine and turbo. 

Prior to this I was told it was my driving I was racing it from cold but with video footage they then told me im not driving it hard enough......wtf

The final straw was on our Cornwall holiday journey when in torrential rain on the m4 the wipers just cut out completely needing half a dozen fuse changes to complete the journey. After that I got the car recovered from Cornwall and replaced with a hire car and told them I was walking away from the vehicle and finance.

It's put me right off owning anything new vehicle wise 

Alan Rickman Reaction GIF

• Haha 3