The Nightmare hasn't returned yet!

XTreme

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Well speak of the Devil.....the Beast has been unleashed again! And at a higher price! :classic_laugh:

914141622_Screenshot2022-07-20173544-min.jpg.e76a17190a4852e9ac89f1cadad43400.jpg

and the new owner will be getting the same problems then eh

• Like 2

Just now, skyrider said:

Sir, BMW's dont have problems, they have service issues. 😜

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

Weighs in around 208 never seemed heavy two or three years back but it does now.

That's dry weight.....on the road and fuelled 230.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skyrider said:

It will last forever now. Pete will be broken down sometime and this will ride past adorned with a greasy dago and a leggy blonde.

• Haha 4

I can't think of any real lemons I've owned, I've had problems with lots of bikes but just fix them, but my dull mate bought a new Africa Twin a few months after me and had a long list of issues 

Sticky set button.  I had that as well but not had a problem since it was replaced

Sticking hazard warning button

water running down the inside of the clocks

3 sets of replacement wheels due to the protective coating falling off the spokes

Paint flaking off the frame 

Corrosion coming through the paint on the engine

Rusty ABS sensor disc front and rear

Rusty brake disc centre's 

And rust showing up all over the place on the frame

That's what I can remember off the top of my head I'm sure there's more, that was all within 6 months from new but it never broke down.
The best thing that happened to that bike was a tractor reversing over it in Sennybridge that took in out of the system so no one else would end up with it. He bought another one 6 months old once he got paid out still owns it now 5 years on without a single fault.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I can't think of any real lemons I've owned, I've had problems with lots of bikes but just fix them, but my dull mate bought a new Africa Twin a few months after me and had a long list of issues 

Sticky set button.  I had that as well but not had a problem since it was replaced

Sticking hazard warning button

water running down the inside of the clocks

3 sets of replacement wheels due to the protective coating falling off the spokes

Paint flaking off the frame 

Corrosion coming through the paint on the engine

Rusty ABS sensor disc front and rear

Rusty brake disc centre's 

And rust showing up all over the place on the frame

That's what I can remember off the top of my head I'm sure there's more, that was all within 6 months from new but it never broke down.
The best thing that happened to that bike was a tractor reversing over it in Sennybridge that it took in out of the system so no one else would end up with it. He bought another one 6 months old once he got paid out still owns it now 5 years on without a single fault.

Unlike a Honda to have issues like that Fred?

• Like 1

On 20/07/2022 at 21:15, XTreme said:

Unlike a Honda to have issues like that Fred?

Every manufacturer has lemons now because everything is built to a price, my old CB1000 I consider one of Honda's last top quality bikes everything since the 90's has all gone down hill.

• Like 3