Bikes at the house.

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

You round at @Buckster house 😬

Yes I'm sad to report one of my boys has switched over to the gay side... I think he was brainwash by his mother who rides a Harley... Such a let down... Could have got himself a proper bike instead of this piece of shit taking space in my garage.... 

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Who ever moved this thread to motorcycle chat.. I wasn't here to talk about motorcycles... It was more of my son's purchase of a gay ass Harley.. 

Moved!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Ya one of those German do hickey... I think buck has the same one... The Imbarrasment never stops... 

I speak from experience when I say that you can't choose your kids' path in life.

I know it's traumatic realising your kid is a Buck Boy.....but at least he didn't marry a Polish psycho!

• Haha 4

Its a hangover from WW2 where these things were taken as trophys from wins or kills. 

Thats also how the iron cross became associated with biking. It was briefly used as medal by the Nazis. Having one on your bike displayed your military connection and that you likely killed an officer. Multiple iron crosses meant you'd killed a lot of nazis.

At least thats what I was told. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I speak from experience when I say that you can't choose your kids' path in life.

I know it's traumatic realising your kid is a Buck Boy.....but at least he didn't marry a Polish psycho!

Oh there's psycho in many races Pete... I was stuck with one for 18 years... 

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Its a hangover from WW2 where these things were taken as trophys from wins or kills. 

Thats also how the iron cross became associated with biking. It was briefly used as medal by the Nazis. Having one on your bike displayed your military connection and that you likely killed an officer. Multiple iron crosses meant you'd killed a lot of nazis.

At least thats what I was told. 

Oh so that's where this shit come from... Didn't know that... Thanks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Oh so that's where this shit come from... Didn't know that... Thanks. 

Yer. The lines got blurry when people mistook these nazi trophys for a display of nazi sympathies but in it was the exact opposite, it was an identifier of what they'd fought against. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer. The lines got blurry when people mistook these nazi trophys for a display of nazi sympathies but in it was the exact opposite, it was an identifier of what they'd fought against. 

Right, I get taking trophies if you killed nazis, still don’t get going to a shop and buyong a helmet like that out of fashion.

Agree.

Over time the style just became associated with Harleys and some clubs, don't think its a thought out thing.

Sonny Barger the founder of the Hells Angels said he wished they'd moved onto Japanese bikes, imagine that, a sports bike and a trooper helmet 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I bet you wish your boy rode a Harley.

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Agree.

Over time the style just became associated with Harleys and some clubs, don't think its a thought out thing.

Sonny Barger the founder of the Hells Angels said he wished they'd moved onto Japanese bikes, imagine that, a sports bike and a trooper helmet 😆

Japanese warrior helmets share some lines with the german nazi time ones, so there’s that. That step on the helmets is great on the battlefield but funny enough make no sense on a bike unless you’re stranded in the rain and preventing droplets from getting in your collar.

38 minutes ago, Buckster said:

It would be better than him being the feckless twat he is now.

high quality remake GIF

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I bet you wish your boy rode a Harley.

He wished the guy rode anything, a bike, a sheep, his wife probably would be less of a pest if she got some too

• Haha 3