Third Weekend in May!

XTreme

Good weather here!

1039704031_Screenshot2022-05-20081739.jpg.0ee4d9faea0e0f9cc725cc86db22720d.jpg

However, I do have some work to do........so I'll only be able to get out for an hour or two.

But at least I'll be able to get out.....which is more than I've been able to say for most of this year so far.

What you lot up to?

• Like 3

I'm supposed to be out for a trail ride today, it's raining at the moment and some hefty showers later but I'm keen as riding in the rain always adds a different perspective to it.  Waiting on a phone call from the run leader now to say nay or yay

• Like 4

Not sure the weathers going to be good for some 😬

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/20/spain-braces-for-heat-wave-of-extraordinary-intensity

Boring weekend for me mostly catching up on previously shirked responsibilities. Might try and get out for a ride and squeeze in a bit of experimental kitchen cos in a moment of mad boredom a couple of weeks ago I might have spent £50 on a Leg of Mutton, 100% grass fed hung for three weeks bit of Mutton but still probably not my finest spend 😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm supposed to be out for a trail ride today, it's raining at the moment and some hefty showers later but I'm keen as riding in the rain always adds a different perspective to it.  Waiting on a phone call from the run leader now to say nay or yay

Trail ride cancelled, I suppose I can always go shopping............

so-annoying-mad.gif.666f93d918a968404765e0350340df3e.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Trail ride cancelled, I suppose I can always go shopping............

so-annoying-mad.gif.666f93d918a968404765e0350340df3e.gif

What is this ‘shopping’ people go to do? Tortuous way to spend your time. 

Unless its bike shopping then thats completely different.. or getting supplies or gear for a trip.. or.. nope they’re the only types of shopping that are acceptable. 

• Like 2

Going to have a heat wave tomorrow, this is the last weekend before beach passes are requred so Pedro better hurry if he wants a pic of his bike next to the beach, not, you know, like the pics up behind the VFW for $10. 😆

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Not sure the weathers going to be good for some 😬

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/20/spain-braces-for-heat-wave-of-extraordinary-intensity

Boring weekend for me mostly catching up on previously shirked responsibilities. Might try and get out for a ride and squeeze in a bit of experimental kitchen cos in a moment of mad boredom a couple of weeks ago I might have spent £50 on a Leg of Mutton, 100% grass fed hung for three weeks bit of Mutton but still probably not my finest spend 😝

This brought back a memory from the past i'd rather had stayed forgotten, i had gone to a Turkish restaurant in Cardiff  and had mutton slow cooked for something like 24hours and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. A few weeks later i was in the local pub three sheets to the wind telling my mates wife about it and she said mutton? mutton? and kept repeating it in disbelief she got on my nerves a bit so i said yes mutton like you Sue god i wish the ground had opened up i don't think she ever forgave me :classic_laugh:

There's a bit more to the Turkish restaurant i may have to resurrect a thread for that story 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

This brought back a memory from the past i'd rather had stayed forgotten, i had gone to a Turkish restaurant in Cardiff  and had mutton slow cocked for something like 24hours and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. A few weeks later i was in the local pub three sheets to the wind telling my mates wife about it and she said mutton? mutton? and kept repeating it in disbelief she got on my nerves a bit so i said yes mutton like you Sue god i wish the ground had opened up i don't think she ever forgave me :classic_laugh:

There's a bit more to the Turkish restaurant i may have to resurrect a thread for that story 

Im Sorry Jacob Batalon GIF by The Roku Channel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Panniers tuned up. I give them until the end of their first outing to get scuffed up and look tatty.

Got a couple of bottle holders to go on the outside of the case (stopping and getting water out of a voluminous tightly strapped down bag did my noggin in after a few days) so my first job is to drill holes in my brand new panniers. Im thinking mañana 😆

C70E65D6-8BD3-41FA-97D2-68DFCD12F698.thumb.jpeg.38739ae02375cf7ca89016cd1cd69c2c.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Panniers tuned up. I give them until the end of their first outing to get scuffed up and look tatty.

Got a couple of bottle holders to go on the outside of the case (stopping and getting water out of a voluminous tightly strapped down bag did my noggin in after a few days) so my first job is to drill holes in my brand new panniers. Im thinking mañana 😆

C70E65D6-8BD3-41FA-97D2-68DFCD12F698.thumb.jpeg.38739ae02375cf7ca89016cd1cd69c2c.jpeg

That's worth more than your bike! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

A new front on the War on Terror! Putin has sent russian seagulls to poop on America!!!!! You know they are russian is because they rape the first chicken they find,

then shoot its grandmother! Steal her Audi and fuckoff!

I got sometyhing for them, explosive crackers!

Stuffed with Cunt4 ! 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

so my first job is to drill holes in my brand new panniers

They'll definitely leak after you've done that, what's wrong with a hydration pack ?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

They'll definitely leak after you've done that, what's wrong with a hydration pack ?

We’ll see 🌧 The fixings look ok and the panniers have waterproof cases/liners in them so I’m not too bothered.

The Andalucian sun is definitely a take as many layers off as possible type climate and wearing a hydration pack is too hot.

Also not fond of cleaning them and dont like carrying the weight on my person (3litres is an extra 3kilos on your back). Plus its a bit of a faff bothering with one when you’re going to the supermarket to do a big shop. I’ll let you know how much it wrecks them after Ive ridden in the rain a bit 👍

The fixing system they’ve used allows you to unclip the water bottles and click a small jerry can in its place… I have one eye on Morocco 😉

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Tym said:

A new front on the War on Terror! Putin has sent russian seagulls to poop on America!!!!! You know they are russian is because they rape the first chicken they find,

Stuffed with Cunt4 ! 

That would be so much fun.

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Stuffed with Cunt4 ! 

Still can’t afford your meds?