choice between Liverpool and Edinburgh

MooN

Why I would be asking for advice from you lot I have no idea, but here goes; 

N01 daughter has been given the opportunity to study in the UK for 6 months next year at some point. We were hoping that Warwick was oing to be an option cos I have family not too far away which is always reassuring,  but she has been offered Liverpool or Edinburgh, either of which I know vey little about having only visited either of them by boat for a 24h stopover. Anybody any toughts or suggestions? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MooN said:

Why I would be asking for advice from you lot I have no idea, but here goes; 

N01 daughter has been given the opportunity to study in the UK for 6 months next year at some point. We were hoping that Warwick was oing to be an option cos I have family not too far away which is always reassuring,  but she has been offered Liverpool or Edinburgh, either of which I know vey little about having only visited either of them by boat for a 24h stopover. Anybody any toughts or suggestions? 

I'd say Liverpool every time......Liverpool and Swansea have always been very close due to football for about 50 years.

I get on great with Scousers cos unlike most Northern types they're not miserable, boring fuckers. Always full of personality.

Strong community spirit there too.....they hate the fucking Tories and The Sun, and ran that racist grifter Yaxley-Lennon and his gang of fascists out of the city.

As far as Edinburgh goes..... @Buckster's there on his gay Harley isn't he? 

Cringe Wince GIF

• Haha 3

Edinburgh is a fantastic city for students and the university’s are world class, it is also a very safe place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Edinburgh has a lot of French people as well, there are a lot of international students.

What made you choose Edinburgh to live Ian?

36 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Edinburgh is a fantastic city for students and the university’s are world class, it is also a very safe place.

Gay

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Lots of small children and men that like to wear skirts probably 

• Haha 3

I stayed in Liverpool a couple of years ago and it’s nothing like it used to be in the 80/90’s . It’s a very vibrant and cultural place nowadays.

Having said all that if it was my daughter I would pick Edinburgh, like Buck says it’s a very safe city .

• Like 3

I’ve been to Liverpool it’s full of loud fucking scousers ,  always shouting and swearing , nice city though and the best Football team in the world 

“you’ll never walk alone “

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It’s a great city, cultural diversity, massive amount of history, great transport links, lots of green space, quality of life, access to the highlands. It’s a very compact city, population of about 600k, you get all the resources of a capital city while it remains affordable. I wasn’t planning on staying indefinitely but can’t imagine living anywhere else now.

• Like 4

Me and Mandi visited Edinburgh when touring on the bikes. It was pissing with rain all day but the people, mostly students were great. It was also tattoo week so real busy. 
Our water proofs were a good talking point. Lovely place.
IMG_1075.JPG.55f2197d56fd73eca95241a98f44b5ce.JPG

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Buckster said:

It’s a great city, cultural diversity, massive amount of history, great transport links, lots of green space, quality of life, access to the highlands. It’s a very compact city, population of about 600k, you get all the resources of a capital city while it remains affordable. I wasn’t planning on staying indefinitely but can’t imagine living anywhere else now.

You didn't consider Swansea then? :classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Me and Mandi visited Edinburgh when touring on the bikes. It was pissing with rain all day but the people, mostly students were great. It was also tattoo week so real busy. 

Is it on purpose that there are crosses on her boobs?

I used to have a friend who did one of those semesters away in university, in Edinburgh, he absolutely loved it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

That’s Chambers Street, opposite the museum.

• Like 3

This is Kinda like deciding which smells better, gorgonzola or munster innit?  Southern California is where she wants to be :littleguy:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Tym said:

This is Kinda like deciding which smells better, gorgonzola or munster innit?  Southern California is where she wants to be :littleguy:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tym said:

erm... the one place she doesn't want to go to learn English, is the US. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MooN said:

erm... the one place she doesn't want to go to learn English, is the US. 

There ismt much use for Brit English in the world, big advantage to be able to speak "American" :littleguy:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Or Canadian perhaps  🙄

My brothers french family went to England to learn to speak engrish, i couldnt understand one fucking word they said. :littleguy:

It wasnt till they hung with us did we fix their peep peep peep chit they called "English"

So if you want your french kid to sound like a complet idiot speaking english

Send them to Britiain. They will spell well.

There is that.

:wave:

• Haha 2

On 05/03/2022 at 14:24, Pedro said:

Is it on purpose that there are crosses on her boobs?

I used to have a friend who did one of those semesters away in university, in Edinburgh, he absolutely loved it.

They're eyes Pedro. Ghosts from pacman.

90d2e3ff2856032d36fcc7dc49334191.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 06/03/2022 at 11:01, Tym said:

My brothers french family went to England to learn to speak engrish, i couldnt understand one fucking word they said. :littleguy:

It wasnt till they hung with us did we fix their peep peep peep chit they called "English"

So if you want your french kid to sound like a complet idiot speaking english

Send them to Britiain. They will spell well.

There is that.

:wave:

"Americans are the international pirates of language and, as such, should be hung, en masse, from specially strengthened yardarms" 

I just can't remember who the quote is from 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

How about you send her to French speaking Canada to help them out, they pronounce their french all fucked up,

yet they can speak Canadiamerican, kinda like american butt nicer unless drunk.

Drunk canadians can be a problem. :littleguy:

• Haha 1