Second Weekend in December!

XTreme

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Now checking Google Maps and Google Earth for a destination tomorrow.

Forecast to be 16C and blue skies......which is better than anything else we've had over the last 2 months.

Not that you've been moaning and whinging like a little old woman about it.....

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Well rugby game played and left knee fucked again........now I'm out of action again for another 9 or 10 weeks 🤬

I think it's time you called it quits Rich.....your body's telling you enough is enough.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

Will it stop you working @Richzx6r ?

Erm that is still to be tried, I can walk.....just but will have to just keep to the RICE protocol see how it goes but I was able to drive home after the game so I don't see why I'd not be able to drive a wagon 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I think it's time you called it quits Rich.....your body's telling you enough is enough.

But I don't know that I can give it up just yet, my head isn't in the mindset that I'm broken but you are probably right I just don't know what would or could fill its place im not that old 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

But I don't know that I can give it up just yet, my head isn't in the mindset that I'm broken but you are probably right I just don't know what would or could fill its place im not that old 

Dont worry, you wont really suffer until you get old and all that injury comes back with spades. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Dont worry, you wont really suffer until you get old and all that injury comes back with spades. 😀

I'll make no bones about it even without rugby im not in the least bit showroom standard im definitely living in a body at least 15 years older than my age would have anyone believe, I ache constantly in places and what doesn't ache doesn't work.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Nothing can fill its place because theres nothing else like it but that doesnt mean you wouldnt get into another sport and enjoy it, just takes a bit of time to adjust and get good at another discipline. I don’t think you’d find that part difficult, sporty people dont have much trouble tuning into another skill set and rugby involves the majority of the necessary transferable skills- balance, speed, strength, stamina, eye hand co-ordination, strategy, I could go on.. oh look at the length of this post..I have 😂 

I’d put in a small plea that you find something low impact though cos active people don’t take it very well when they cant be sporty anymore. You gotta look after what you got with the idea you’d like it to keep working for as long as possible. Trust me when I say ex sportsman arent a lot of fun if they dont have a sport to pursue. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Nothing can fill its place because theres nothing else like it but that doesnt mean you wouldnt get into another sport and enjoy it, just takes a bit of time to adjust and get good at another discipline. I don’t think you’d find that part difficult, sporty people dont have much trouble tuning into another skill set and rugby involves the majority of the necessary transferable skills- balance, speed, strength, stamina, eye hand co-ordination, strategy, I could go on.. oh look at the length of this post..I have 😂 

I’d put in a small plea that you find something low impact though cos active people don’t take it very well when they cant be sporty anymore. You gotta look after what you got with the idea you’d like it to keep working for as long as possible. Trust me when I say ex sportsman arent a lot of fun if they dont have a sport to pursue. 

I'd agree with the not alot of fun when I cant play rugby I get aggy quite quickly guess because for 20+ years I've always had that outlet without it there's no outlet for said aggression the only other thing I'd want to do is race bikes......I'm not in to stamp collecting or playing cribbage there literally is nothing else I'd want to do 

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

I'd agree with the not alot of fun when I cant play rugby I get aggy quite quickly guess because for 20+ years I've always had that outlet without it there's no outlet for said aggression the only other thing I'd want to do is race bikes......I'm not in to stamp collecting or playing cribbage there literally is nothing else I'd want to do 

You’ll find summink when you really have to.

If its competitive, then it involves aggression, combine that with physical exertion and it takes on a life of its own, it’ll be enough to release the pressure. Maybe not at the beginning but once you get into it it will.

But if rugby means that much to you then you shouldn’t give up cos other people think you should though, that’ll just make you sore in a different way!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I've definitely thought about it ....but then I'd just be taking your spotlight from you with my exploits

If you want hard physical activity and impact then get into the type of stuff that @Sir Fallsalot does!

49 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

A lad in work is a rugby fanatic I've lost count how much work he's lost to injuries playing. A few years before covid he started riding motocross a far more dangerous sport than rugby you'd think but didnt get any injuries he started back playing rugby and within two months he had a dislocated shoulder his younger brother was the same  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Now checking Google Maps and Google Earth for a destination tomorrow.

Forecast to be 16C and blue skies......which is better than anything else we've had over the last 2 months.

I'm putting an alert out now so the DBM's have a chance to corner you

ugly-little-man.gif.af755bf7698be24bc505a7dd43ba206d.gif

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Any of you Casuals riding tomorrow?

Possibility.....says rain till 10am then cloudy and dry (13c) rest of the day.

• Like 3