Second Weekend in October!

XTreme

3 hours ago, Tym said:

Thanks 'Man, reports from the shore were positive also! :littleguy:

I bet, all those new chicks to impress, must have gone down a storm.👍

• Haha 1

Hello Everyone... :wave:

I have been away for a bit, so I am not up on the latest, I hope everyone is well. 

I managed to get out on the Himalayan for a really nice ride on Friday.  Great autumn weather.

8A13FF86-C021-46BB-9FC0-7EC39B229E54_1_201_a.jpeg.e38d49e601f6c852eed0d60f3fd4f2de.jpeg

I made a short video from the ride....(no 360 camera if that matters 😆) Check it out if you are bored....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Had a great ride with the TRF again yesterday perfect weather for trail riding, we started with 11 riders then went down to 10 and later went up to 13 which went back to 10 and then went up to 11 again as we bumped into other riders and a few dropped out on route. We were in the Pontypool and Usk area again, everything is totally different after the recent rain we've had didn't have time to take photos as the ride was flowing so nicely. Only incident for me was I dropped the bloody bike fooling about on the way to the meeting point not 10 minutes from my house and bent the radiator. I think the rad brace i fitted payed for themselves yesterday.

I had time to take this as there's someone laying down in the stream ahead  

IMG_2754.thumb.JPG.99cd0f7adef7b80ecd639c53f4cae857.JPG

Dreaded roman road in Mamhilad again those rocks were slippery

IMG_2756.thumb.JPG.31d45a0056d4eb9123c02f93cdec255f.JPG

IMG_2757.thumb.JPG.eefb285b29d2c28ebd62e150efabd32a.JPG

This is what almost fucked my rad, i was practising riding over it when my footrest caught the piece of concrete sticking up and stalled the bike there was nowhere to put my foot down so the bike fell over landing on that large piece of concrete with the radiator taking the full impact. 

IMG_2758.thumb.JPG.9e77e1f4c87b7c79e9497aef26b14309.JPG

Assessing the damage when i got home

IMG_2761.thumb.JPG.56dc73e2348f89b564edbb3e090ae85c.JPG

IMG_2763.thumb.JPG.8b2086d8065d57b2f66208de0d9d94ab.JPG

IMG_2767.thumb.JPG.c74634d60bb29feefb4ec855bf834d38.JPG

I think without the brace on i would have been pushing it home

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I dropped the bloody bike fooling about on the way to the meeting point not 10 minutes from my house and bent the radiator.

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

• Haha 5

I got the bracket for my cam and gave it a test.....bloody thing is pointed a bit low so I've got to adjust that!

Anyway.....had a short local run in between working!

1wds-min.jpg.b796ae35d88791200973c37b6a8d3b85.jpg

2wds-min.jpg.139faba4990f1c59acf2407d3ff93449.jpg

And the cam that's too low! Not happy with the quality either!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Clive said:

And broken plastics?😕

All fixed i took a trip up to find the bit of missing plastic and fused it back together with my soldering iron. Also pulled the rad back to somewhere near to its original position cant straighten it out properly without removing it and that means draining the cooling system so it will do for now 

Before

IMG_2761.thumb.JPG.e428295ef552a31a28542fadf08aedf4.JPG

After

!cid_B008AE7E-EDF7-48AB-90B7-4434EE883AE0.thumb.jpg.4338cd10c3b1840a6f0cecb106f7a5c1.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

All fixed i took a trip up to find the bit of missing plastic and fused it bracket together with my soldering iron. Also pulled the rad back to somewhere near to its original position cant straighten it out properly without removing it and that means draining the cooling system so it will do for now 

!cid_B008AE7E-EDF7-48AB-90B7-4434EE883AE0.thumb.jpg.4338cd10c3b1840a6f0cecb106f7a5c1.jpg

So the running in is going well then Fred? :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So the running in is going well then Fred? :classic_unsure:

That's long gone 15 hours is fully run in i'm on 33 hours now. I don't want to bash it up but its going to happen using it for what i bought it for unfortunately 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I don't want to bash it up but its going to happen using it for what i bought it for unfortunately 

Just be glad you arnt using your new aluminimiumium land mine detector. :wave:

• Haha 2

Spent the weekend at The Aviator in Sywell. I’m a bit of a sucker for time pieces and its an old art deco officers mess that was so well looked after they kept the original Art Deco fixtures n fittings and turned it into a hotel. Its still a working airfield and has a museum attached (shut this morning so cant tell you what thats like). I loved the old furniture and architecture.

After a lovely ride in the sunshine across the Cotswolds it was a great place to stop. The food menu does not do the place justice at all, it was well executed but very basic pub menu (gammon egg n chips, burger n chips etc etc) but they said they had to pull the menu right back because just like other hotels they cant find staff and have to keep it as simple as possible. Cheaper than most premier inns but much much more interesting. 

https://www.aviatorhotel.co.uk/

• Like 4

On 09/10/2021 at 09:46, Catteeclan said:

Off to centre parks next week. Not my idea as it's expensive and run down from what I'm told, bloody kids.
So this weekend we'll be planning what to take with us.
We'll def be stopping off for alcohol.

Which centre?

Its like going on holiday to your local council run sports centre, rubbish food and overpriced activities. Took mine three times under duress because thats where their school friends were going. Only thing I can say thats helpful is take flip flops for the pool showers because the changing rooms have that slippery slime on them that you cant bear to wipe on your towel and who wants wet verruca sludge on their feet🤮 

Good luck

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

I imagine you woke this morning at 8ish to the sound of me swearing as I drove past on my way to play football, screaming at the morons doing 30mph on the road to Northampton.

I heard screaming but I swear I was not doing 30…